Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by KingJames23

I don't see Locker getting drafted ahead of Newton....if anything, HE (Locker) could be the guy to slip out of the 1st round.

None of those guys fall out of the first. Cam, Locker, Mallett, and Luck.

It's more likely Gabbert sneaks into the 1st than someone falls out
He had a terrible year....it's not inconceivable that he slips to the 2nd round....

FWIW, Jevan Snead was slated to go in the 1st round before the 2009 season and we all know how that went.....I am in no way saying Locker is gonna have the same fate, but he hasn't shown anything that suggests that he's worthy of going in the 1st round of this years draft. 

Skills pay the bills my man. He's got prototypical size, great athlete, very good arm strength. His upside is through the roof. (For similar situation see Josh Freeman).

Locker going in the 1st is something I wish I could throw a %#%* ton of money on.

Jevan Snead 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

take about a fall from grace, dude went from top 5 pick to not even being drafted

Jevan Snead 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

take about a fall from grace, dude went from top 5 pick to not even being drafted

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

The Pats own the Panthers 2nd round pick

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ryan Kerrigan/Da'Quan Bowers to Pats with Raiders Pick.

Really don't care about the other 2 in the first 33 picks. 

But Chances Belichick turns those 3 into 5 with 1 or 2 for next year. 

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

The Pats own the Panthers 2nd round pick

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ryan Kerrigan/Da'Quan Bowers to Pats with Raiders Pick.

Really don't care about the other 2 in the first 33 picks. 

But Chances Belichick turns those 3 into 5 with 1 or 2 for next year. 

I don't see Locker getting drafted ahead of Newton....if anything, HE (Locker) could be the guy to slip out of the 1st round.

He had a terrible year....it's not inconceivable that he slips to the 2nd round....

FWIW, Jevan Snead was slated to go in the 1st round before the 2009 season and we all know how that went.....I am in no way saying Locker is gonna have the same fate, but he hasn't shown anything that suggests that he's worthy of going in the 1st round of this years draft. 

Skills pay the bills my man. He's got prototypical size, great athlete, very good arm strength. His upside is through the roof. (For similar situation see Josh Freeman).

Locker going in the 1st is something I wish I could throw a %#%* ton of money on.
How exactly is Locker's upside through the roof?  I'm not seeing how his situation is anything like Freeman's when he came out of KSU.  Freeman IMPROVED in each of his seasons in Manhattan.  The cherry on top of the ice cream was his incredible combine.  Locker is not only going to have to do well in the Senior Bowl, but the combine as well.  He has more questions about him at this point than a definitive answer about him being a lock for the 1st round. 

How exactly is Locker's upside through the roof?  I'm not seeing how his situation is anything like Freeman's when he came out of KSU.  Freeman IMPROVED in each of his seasons in Manhattan.  The cherry on top of the ice cream was his incredible combine.  Locker is not only going to have to do well in the Senior Bowl, but the combine as well.  He has more questions about him at this point than a definitive answer about him being a lock for the 1st round. 

Andrew Luck, if he doesn't come out we better trade it. We have plenty of cap room to sign defensive line guys.

Andrew Luck, if he doesn't come out we better trade it. We have plenty of cap room to sign defensive line guys.

Locker has had inconsistency issues his whole career, scouts have drooled over his potential but after 4 years in college he hasn't exactly clicked. He came back to school to work on his skills and this year he didn't play all too well. One game he went like 4/20. Imagine him facing real NFL defenses, blitzing him like crazy. 
I also don't see why Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect to come out since Manning. Sure he has had a good year and runs a pro-style offense but, every two years someone is ranked the best prospect to come out. Bradford was very highly ranked and he has proved to be good in the NFL, I don't think he touches anywhere near Sam in terms of a prospect.

Clausen stinks. If Kiper didn't get some kind of compensation to hype up Clausen then no one would have ever had him on top of their 'Big Board.'

Mallett relies to much on his arm, is inaccurate and is very very slow. There is a reason he left Michigan (wasn't liked by teammates due to his ego without proving anything). JaMarcus Russell had a strong arm and was supposed to be mobile so who knows.

Locker has had inconsistency issues his whole career, scouts have drooled over his potential but after 4 years in college he hasn't exactly clicked. He came back to school to work on his skills and this year he didn't play all too well. One game he went like 4/20. Imagine him facing real NFL defenses, blitzing him like crazy. 
I also don't see why Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect to come out since Manning. Sure he has had a good year and runs a pro-style offense but, every two years someone is ranked the best prospect to come out. Bradford was very highly ranked and he has proved to be good in the NFL, I don't think he touches anywhere near Sam in terms of a prospect.

Clausen stinks. If Kiper didn't get some kind of compensation to hype up Clausen then no one would have ever had him on top of their 'Big Board.'

Mallett relies to much on his arm, is inaccurate and is very very slow. There is a reason he left Michigan (wasn't liked by teammates due to his ego without proving anything). JaMarcus Russell had a strong arm and was supposed to be mobile so who knows.

Mallet does not have prototypical size, he's listed as 6'7 which means he's close to 7'0 tall... word to TMac...

Mallet does not have prototypical size, he's listed as 6'7 which means he's close to 7'0 tall... word to TMac...

well Locker's receivers weren't playing all that well either. i swear they dipped their hands in butter before the games

but his stock did fall
30t6p3b.gif
should've left last year.

well Locker's receivers weren't playing all that well either. i swear they dipped their hands in butter before the games

but his stock did fall
30t6p3b.gif
should've left last year.

How exactly is Locker's upside through the roof?  I'm not seeing how his situation is anything like Freeman's when he came out of KSU.

Locker has all the physical tools you can't teach (It's the same reason why Cam has great upside). That's how you have tremendous upside. He has very good arm strength to make all the throws, great size, ability to extend the play with his legs and has good intangibles.

Freeman's decision making improved his senior year but overall I wouldn't say he clearly improved.

How exactly is Locker's upside through the roof?  I'm not seeing how his situation is anything like Freeman's when he came out of KSU.

Locker has all the physical tools you can't teach (It's the same reason why Cam has great upside). That's how you have tremendous upside. He has very good arm strength to make all the throws, great size, ability to extend the play with his legs and has good intangibles.

Freeman's decision making improved his senior year but overall I wouldn't say he clearly improved.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

a on field comparison to Russell and Mallett is Fine, but you can't be serious if you think Mallett has the same work ethic off field like Russell.  

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

a on field comparison to Russell and Mallett is Fine, but you can't be serious if you think Mallett has the same work ethic off field like Russell.  

Saying Luck is the best prospect since Manning is definitely debatable, but he does come close to Sam as a prospect (if not better). If you've seen him play a lot he really is that good, there's nothing he does that suggests he won't do well in the NFL. Time will tell though...

Saying Luck is the best prospect since Manning is definitely debatable, but he does come close to Sam as a prospect (if not better). If you've seen him play a lot he really is that good, there's nothing he does that suggests he won't do well in the NFL. Time will tell though...

They're not going to be picking #1. Harbaugh goes to SF, they blow Carolina away with a package for the #1 and take Luck. It's inevitable. Quote it.

I STILL have a strong feeling Jerry has Mallet in his sights.

They're not going to be picking #1. Harbaugh goes to SF, they blow Carolina away with a package for the #1 and take Luck. It's inevitable. Quote it.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I swear......
30t6p3b.gif

Jerry better have his sights on Patrick Peterson or Prince WhatsHisName.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I swear......
30t6p3b.gif

Jerry better have his sights on Patrick Peterson or Prince WhatsHisName.

Back
Top Bottom