Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by dreClark

sick.gif

And, in more PP news
Sources have told us that Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are targeting two underclassmen cornerbacks in this draft; Brandon Harris of Miami and Patrick Peterson
from LSU.  Different sources have told us if the draft were held today
the Cowboys would look to move up and grab Peterson, while Harris is a
second choice they’d be happy with.

Good luck, they may have to move up to 1.

sick.gif

And, in more PP news
Sources have told us that Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are targeting two underclassmen cornerbacks in this draft; Brandon Harris of Miami and Patrick Peterson
from LSU.  Different sources have told us if the draft were held today
the Cowboys would look to move up and grab Peterson, while Harris is a
second choice they’d be happy with.

sick.gif

And, in more PP news
Sources have told us that Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are targeting two underclassmen cornerbacks in this draft; Brandon Harris of Miami and Patrick Peterson from LSU.  Different sources have told us if the draft were held today the Cowboys would look to move up and grab Peterson, while Harris is a second choice they’d be happy with.

Good. Do what it takes and go get him.

sick.gif

And, in more PP news
Sources have told us that Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are targeting two underclassmen cornerbacks in this draft; Brandon Harris of Miami and Patrick Peterson from LSU.  Different sources have told us if the draft were held today the Cowboys would look to move up and grab Peterson, while Harris is a second choice they’d be happy with.

Good. Do what it takes and go get him.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

MOBILE, Ala. -- LSU consensus All-American cornerback Patrick Peterson is ambitious, wanting to convince the Carolina Panthers to choose him with the first overall pick of the draft.

Peterson told National Football Post that he'll meet with the Panthers tonight. He also has meetings with the Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Washington ********, New Orleans Saints and the San Francisco 49ers.

The Jim Thorpe and Chuck Bednarik Award winner conducted a workout for NFL teams today at the Senior Bowl. The star junior is projected to go within the top five selections of the draft in April after declaring early for the draft.

"I believe I can bring a lot to the table," Peterson said during an interview at the Renaissance Riverview Hotel in downtown Mobile. "I can bring shutting down the offense's No. 1 receiver. I can take away one side of the football field. I have a tremendous amount of focus and confidence in myself to be the best on the field.

"My goal is to be No. 1, that's the ultimate goal. I have to work extremely hard each and every day. It's an open game right now We'll have to see what the NFL draft has to bring."

Peterson was a three-year starter at LSU and intercepted seven passes, recording 135 tackles, 22 pass deflections and returned two punts for touchdowns as well as a blocked field goal.

Last season, he intercepted four passes and broke up six passes with one blocked field goal and 42 tackles.

He ranked first in the Southeastern Conference with a 16.1 punt return avrerage and ninth in the nation with a 29.1 kickoff return average.

Peterson is aiming to run in the 4.2 range at the NFL scouting combine. He worked out for teams today, performing defensive back drills as well as the short shuttle and three-cone drill.

Listed at 6-foot-1, 221 pounds last season, Peterson said he weighed in at 211 poounds today and hopes to get down to 206 pounds by the combine.

"I had a nice workout this morning," Peterson said. "I'm looking for that 4.2 at the combine. I ran a 4.31 before. I'm liking being here. This is a chance to talk with the different GMs and owners. It's a fun process.

"I love it. It's all hard work and preparing for that moment with my coaching staff and my dad all those guys getting me prepared for the huge moment."

Unlike many cover cornerbacks, Peterson isn't shy about hitting.

"My coaches always said they wouldn't have corners who don't come up and tackle," Peterson said. "A lot of guys will bounce it to the outside to corners who won't tackle and look for easy touchdowns. Coach Cooper got me in the mindset of being physical and being a sure tackler."

Team Peterson is a family affair.

HIs father, Patrick Peterson, Sr. has been working with his son to prepare for this moment ever since he was seven years old.

Football runs in the family for Peterson, who's related to NFL cornerbacks Bryant McFadden and Walter McFadden as well as Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss.

Peterson's younger brother, Avery Johnson, has already committed to LSU.

"We actually started getting prepared when he was seven years old," Peterson Sr. said. "We're getting prepared for this. This is the moment we all dreamed about. It's very exciting. It will be even more exciting when he walks across that stage on draftday."

Speed runs in the family.

Plus, Peterson Sr. is a speed coach in the South Florida area.

"It's hereditary," Peterson Sr. said. "My youngest son runs a 4.4. We got more advanced with the training, mechanics, his stance and techniques. His sheer strength running down the field is easy. We're looking for that technique."

Peterson also seems to have a positive attitude working in his favor.

" He's very coachable," Peterson Sr. said. "He listens. He's always on point. He's got a mindset. He believes in God and what we tell him.

"He's not stubborn or hard-headed. He's a great kid and will ask you questions. We're very proud of what he's accomplished. He's got a very bright future ahead of him."

Originally Posted by KingJames23

MOBILE, Ala. -- LSU consensus All-American cornerback Patrick Peterson is ambitious, wanting to convince the Carolina Panthers to choose him with the first overall pick of the draft.

Peterson told National Football Post that he'll meet with the Panthers tonight. He also has meetings with the Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Washington ********, New Orleans Saints and the San Francisco 49ers.

The Jim Thorpe and Chuck Bednarik Award winner conducted a workout for NFL teams today at the Senior Bowl. The star junior is projected to go within the top five selections of the draft in April after declaring early for the draft.

"I believe I can bring a lot to the table," Peterson said during an interview at the Renaissance Riverview Hotel in downtown Mobile. "I can bring shutting down the offense's No. 1 receiver. I can take away one side of the football field. I have a tremendous amount of focus and confidence in myself to be the best on the field.

"My goal is to be No. 1, that's the ultimate goal. I have to work extremely hard each and every day. It's an open game right now We'll have to see what the NFL draft has to bring."

Peterson was a three-year starter at LSU and intercepted seven passes, recording 135 tackles, 22 pass deflections and returned two punts for touchdowns as well as a blocked field goal.

Last season, he intercepted four passes and broke up six passes with one blocked field goal and 42 tackles.

He ranked first in the Southeastern Conference with a 16.1 punt return avrerage and ninth in the nation with a 29.1 kickoff return average.

Peterson is aiming to run in the 4.2 range at the NFL scouting combine. He worked out for teams today, performing defensive back drills as well as the short shuttle and three-cone drill.

Listed at 6-foot-1, 221 pounds last season, Peterson said he weighed in at 211 poounds today and hopes to get down to 206 pounds by the combine.

"I had a nice workout this morning," Peterson said. "I'm looking for that 4.2 at the combine. I ran a 4.31 before. I'm liking being here. This is a chance to talk with the different GMs and owners. It's a fun process.

"I love it. It's all hard work and preparing for that moment with my coaching staff and my dad all those guys getting me prepared for the huge moment."

Unlike many cover cornerbacks, Peterson isn't shy about hitting.

"My coaches always said they wouldn't have corners who don't come up and tackle," Peterson said. "A lot of guys will bounce it to the outside to corners who won't tackle and look for easy touchdowns. Coach Cooper got me in the mindset of being physical and being a sure tackler."

Team Peterson is a family affair.

HIs father, Patrick Peterson, Sr. has been working with his son to prepare for this moment ever since he was seven years old.

Football runs in the family for Peterson, who's related to NFL cornerbacks Bryant McFadden and Walter McFadden as well as Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss.

Peterson's younger brother, Avery Johnson, has already committed to LSU.

"We actually started getting prepared when he was seven years old," Peterson Sr. said. "We're getting prepared for this. This is the moment we all dreamed about. It's very exciting. It will be even more exciting when he walks across that stage on draftday."

Speed runs in the family.

Plus, Peterson Sr. is a speed coach in the South Florida area.

"It's hereditary," Peterson Sr. said. "My youngest son runs a 4.4. We got more advanced with the training, mechanics, his stance and techniques. His sheer strength running down the field is easy. We're looking for that technique."

Peterson also seems to have a positive attitude working in his favor.

" He's very coachable," Peterson Sr. said. "He listens. He's always on point. He's got a mindset. He believes in God and what we tell him.

"He's not stubborn or hard-headed. He's a great kid and will ask you questions. We're very proud of what he's accomplished. He's got a very bright future ahead of him."

sick.gif

And, in more PP news

im with moving up to grab PP. But im not really big on drafting Harris
eyes.gif

sick.gif

And, in more PP news

im with moving up to grab PP. But im not really big on drafting Harris
eyes.gif

I believe in the interest in Peterson, obviously...but Brandon Harris at #9? Smokescreen. I haven't seen ANY mocks with him that high

I believe in the interest in Peterson, obviously...but Brandon Harris at #9? Smokescreen. I haven't seen ANY mocks with him that high

please god, please let the $%+@@%@ Houston texans make a move for PP or Prince, please god

im tired of drafting these bums and watching talent being drafted a few picks ahead of us.

COME ON MAKE A MOVE

/end rant

please god, please let the $%+@@%@ Houston texans make a move for PP or Prince, please god

im tired of drafting these bums and watching talent being drafted a few picks ahead of us.

COME ON MAKE A MOVE

/end rant

Now you and me both know damn well the Texans ain't that draft savvy to get Pat or Prince.
laugh.gif

Now you and me both know damn well the Texans ain't that draft savvy to get Pat or Prince.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

I haven't seen ANY mocks with him that high

That's because he isn't good enough to go that high. If he went before 20 I'd be shocked (Mid to late 20s is where his value is).

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

I haven't seen ANY mocks with him that high

That's because he isn't good enough to go that high. If he went before 20 I'd be shocked (Mid to late 20s is where his value is).

Originally Posted by Statis22

laugh.gif

sir i know, you dunno how much it hurt my soul in that 2007 draft when we took that +*@++@# Amobi Okoye
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
we couldve moved up and taken AP
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

+*@++@# patrick willis was taken with the next pick
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Revis 4 picks later
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

laugh.gif

sir i know, you dunno how much it hurt my soul in that 2007 draft when we took that +*@++@# Amobi Okoye
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
we couldve moved up and taken AP
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

+*@++@# patrick willis was taken with the next pick
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Revis 4 picks later
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Senior Bowl, Day 2: North Squad Practice Notes[/h1]
AUTHOR: Josh Sanchez | IN: NFL Draft | COMMENTS: None Yet |

Tweet

The North squad took the field at Ladd Peebles Stadium for the second time during Senior Bowl week. Every player had a lot to prove with a day of practice already under their belt, and having a drop off in performance was not an option. While no player had a significant drop off in their performance, there were definitely some guys who continued to shine and some who continued to struggle.

Below are some highlights and lowlights of the practice:

-Titus Young impressed in practice today. He was very quick and shifty in and out of his routes. He was blowing by the defensive backs and making great adjustments on the ball.

-Nebraska’s Eric Hagg continued to have a rough time during defensive back drills. His main problem is that he continues to be high in everything that he does. The coaches constantly remind Hagg to get low, but he doesn’t seem able to correct his issue fast enough. It’s a bad habit that will hurt his draft stock.

-Jalil Brown impressed today. The Colorado corner showed some very fluid movement in and out of his breaks. He was blanketing receivers during 1-on-1 drills and was definitely the standout in his group today.

–As a whole, the North corners had a much better day than they did on Monday. Late addition Richard Sherman of Stanford made a quick impact. Physically he looked great and he was showing exceptional movement for a corner of his size.

-Jake Locker has yet to impress. He continued with his inconsistent accuracy and checked down during 7-on-7′s on a regular basis. Locker hasn’t made any big impressions on anyone and continues to raise questions. He was considered a potential number one overall pick, but has only gotten worse since then. At this point, he doesn’t even look like a first-rounder out there.

-Tight end Lee Smith of Marshall looked good on the field today. At just a fraction of an inch under 6-foot-6, Smith is a big, reliable target. He isn’t the fastest or most explosive guy out there, but he makes every catch with his hands. He got to showcase his talents even more with the constant checkdowns courtesy of Locker and Stanzi.

-Ricky Stanzi kept on rolling today with his high throws. Stanzi even overthrew a stationary target early in practice when the quarterbacks were warming up. During 7-on-7′s, Stanzi looked uncomfortable and made on awful throw about 5 yards behind the target, which resulted in a beautiful interception by Kendrick Burney of UNC. Stanzi also threw a near interception to Rashad Carmichael of Virginia Tech on an out route. Carmichael made an excellent break on the ball. It would have been an interception were it not for Niles Paul ripping the ball out.

-Along the defensive line, Pierre Allen continued to struggle. The one-trick pony was once again unable to disengage from offensive linemen while making no real impact. Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue also failed to impress. He has yet to make any big plays to make him noticeable.

-Cameron Jordan stole the show. He is by far the best player here at the Senior Bowl and he’s been making himself a lot of money. Jordan is looking like a top ten pick out there. Whether it be 1-on-1′s or 11-on-11′s, Jordan has been unblockable. He has made the most of his long arms and big hands. Jordan uses them better than any other d-lineman in attendance. If you had to describe the way Jordan uses his hands to manhandle offensive lineman, there is no better description than, “ninja hands.

Yeah I actually wanted them to take Revis or trade down a few spots and take Leon Hall. But in typical Texans fashion, they did neither.

I still blame the Falcons for promising to take Okoye and taking Jamaal Anderson instead. 2 huge whiffs.
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I actually wanted them to take Revis or trade down a few spots and take Leon Hall. But in typical Texans fashion, they did neither.

I still blame the Falcons for promising to take Okoye and taking Jamaal Anderson instead. 2 huge whiffs.
30t6p3b.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Senior Bowl, Day 2: North Squad Practice Notes[/h1]
AUTHOR: Josh Sanchez | IN: NFL Draft | COMMENTS: None Yet |

Tweet

The North squad took the field at Ladd Peebles Stadium for the second time during Senior Bowl week. Every player had a lot to prove with a day of practice already under their belt, and having a drop off in performance was not an option. While no player had a significant drop off in their performance, there were definitely some guys who continued to shine and some who continued to struggle.

Below are some highlights and lowlights of the practice:

-Titus Young impressed in practice today. He was very quick and shifty in and out of his routes. He was blowing by the defensive backs and making great adjustments on the ball.

-Nebraska’s Eric Hagg continued to have a rough time during defensive back drills. His main problem is that he continues to be high in everything that he does. The coaches constantly remind Hagg to get low, but he doesn’t seem able to correct his issue fast enough. It’s a bad habit that will hurt his draft stock.

-Jalil Brown impressed today. The Colorado corner showed some very fluid movement in and out of his breaks. He was blanketing receivers during 1-on-1 drills and was definitely the standout in his group today.

–As a whole, the North corners had a much better day than they did on Monday. Late addition Richard Sherman of Stanford made a quick impact. Physically he looked great and he was showing exceptional movement for a corner of his size.

-Jake Locker has yet to impress. He continued with his inconsistent accuracy and checked down during 7-on-7′s on a regular basis. Locker hasn’t made any big impressions on anyone and continues to raise questions. He was considered a potential number one overall pick, but has only gotten worse since then. At this point, he doesn’t even look like a first-rounder out there.

-Tight end Lee Smith of Marshall looked good on the field today. At just a fraction of an inch under 6-foot-6, Smith is a big, reliable target. He isn’t the fastest or most explosive guy out there, but he makes every catch with his hands. He got to showcase his talents even more with the constant checkdowns courtesy of Locker and Stanzi.

-Ricky Stanzi kept on rolling today with his high throws. Stanzi even overthrew a stationary target early in practice when the quarterbacks were warming up. During 7-on-7′s, Stanzi looked uncomfortable and made on awful throw about 5 yards behind the target, which resulted in a beautiful interception by Kendrick Burney of UNC. Stanzi also threw a near interception to Rashad Carmichael of Virginia Tech on an out route. Carmichael made an excellent break on the ball. It would have been an interception were it not for Niles Paul ripping the ball out.

-Along the defensive line, Pierre Allen continued to struggle. The one-trick pony was once again unable to disengage from offensive linemen while making no real impact. Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue also failed to impress. He has yet to make any big plays to make him noticeable.

-Cameron Jordan stole the show. He is by far the best player here at the Senior Bowl and he’s been making himself a lot of money. Jordan is looking like a top ten pick out there. Whether it be 1-on-1′s or 11-on-11′s, Jordan has been unblockable. He has made the most of his long arms and big hands. Jordan uses them better than any other d-lineman in attendance. If you had to describe the way Jordan uses his hands to manhandle offensive lineman, there is no better description than, “ninja hands.

Would you guys actually want Houston to move 2-3 picks to move up a few slots for one of those guys though? 

Or would you rather try to grab 3-4 defensive players in this draft? 

Would you guys actually want Houston to move 2-3 picks to move up a few slots for one of those guys though? 

Or would you rather try to grab 3-4 defensive players in this draft? 

Hell this is Kubes make or break year, and this isn't a strong draft. He needs the best players he can get.
laugh.gif

I mean if they could find a way to get Nnamdi then that would change everything. Texans just need help across the board.

Back
Top Bottom