Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

They worried about one call in a 48 min game that might have been wrong???
roll.gif
And it's not even wrong...
laugh.gif

318319578.jpg

By the rules posted in this thread, it technically was the wrong call. He was clearly outside the restricted area, and chandler didnt position himself in the amount of time alloted to draw a charge. But like many have said there are calls on both sides that dont get called. People forget, or just dont use common sense that the refs arent a home watching the game from all types of angles and from every aspect. They are their in person. People kill me with cant believe the ref didnt see/call this. Um how is a guy anywhere from 5-15/20 ft away from a play with bodies constantly moving so fast and possibly in his line of sight suppose to see everything that happens on every play of an entire 48 minute game?

Granted alot of times a missed call/bad call could possibly change to outcome of a game, ie runs that start from them, players being in foul trouble, swinging momentum etc.. But this game was clearly won by dallas. Like i said before i truly believe coach spo offensive clipboard, is nothing more then a stack of blank notebook paper. he just like mike brown relied on the players to dictate the offense instead of him seeing what the defense is giving them and drawing up/running a play to counteract it.

If you notice the heat have absolutely no half court offensive schemes. Its like if they cant score in transition, or a failed defensive assignment by the other team, its like they are playing streetball type basketball. Guys just running around with no direction, a hotshot guy who is trying to breakdown the d, then forces up a miracle shot, or if he isnt in a position to pull said shot off, passes it off to whatever man is closest/has a better percentage shot then him. Miami defense/transition is the only reason they have ever won games, that and just against teams where no play calling is needed because their players are just so much better they can just beat them off pure athleticism/being a better player.

I have been a fan of miami and thought from the start this was just do to getting use to playing with one another, but thats not the case. Its like halfcourt offense "hot potato" guys be passing up the ball like its a ticking time bomb(the knicks play the same way as well, which lead them to a sweep) and its like about to detonate, and it seems lbj always is the last guy with it, him or either wade. Thing about that though is when wade has had the ball, he usually has a defender thats slower, or he has an advatage over. that or try to close in on him he is too quick/wirey to get doubled.

LBJ on the other hand, usually has someone of his same size or taller/bigger and he cant maneuver/get around them, thus taking bad/miracle shots or passing out of it, forcing a player to pretty much catch shoot. That could possibly be mitigated if they ran plays designed to not put him in that position. Thing is im not for certain if they did this would he even especially this season step up and play the offense. Even in his clevland days he pretty much just scored at will do to the fact ppl would just isolate him on the jumpshot, thus he could pretty much do as he pleased. Now that he has develop a jumpshot players stick to him like fly paper, and force him to be a facilitator. Coupled with him exterting more energy on defense, by the time the 4th comes around he is flat. If you notice esp. as the game winds down, his shot becomes very flat.

Dallas has played him very smart almost like a david/goliath like boxers did mike tyson. Wear him down/out and let him do his thing once he has tuckered himself out. The heat are limited on great perimeter players so he is force to play balls to the wall on just about every defensive possession.

I think his struggles are a combination of all these things, a coach who doesnt no how to effectively use the players he has, mental toughness well lack their of by lbj, and him having to do so much for one team. i mean he is asked to be a pg/sg/sf on the offensive side, and pretty much the entire perimeter defender. Dude on defense pretty much plays every spot on the floor. Wade is only asked to be an attacker, and bosh is well just there lol, but nah he is asked to be the man to spot up shoot, relieve burden offa the other two scoring wise. And the rest of the team are no more then options/bailout players if the big 3 are in a position where they cant get off a shot.

Sunday is going to be a fairly interesting game. Something tells me that this isnt the end of this heat team and there will be a game 7.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

318319578.jpg

By the rules posted in this thread, it technically was the wrong call. He was clearly outside the restricted area, and chandler didnt position himself in the amount of time alloted to draw a charge. But like many have said there are calls on both sides that dont get called. People forget, or just dont use common sense that the refs arent a home watching the game from all types of angles and from every aspect. They are their in person. People kill me with cant believe the ref didnt see/call this. Um how is a guy anywhere from 5-15/20 ft away from a play with bodies constantly moving so fast and possibly in his line of sight suppose to see everything that happens on every play of an entire 48 minute game?

Granted alot of times a missed call/bad call could possibly change to outcome of a game, ie runs that start from them, players being in foul trouble, swinging momentum etc.. But this game was clearly won by dallas. Like i said before i truly believe coach spo offensive clipboard, is nothing more then a stack of blank notebook paper. he just like mike brown relied on the players to dictate the offense instead of him seeing what the defense is giving them and drawing up/running a play to counteract it.

If you notice the heat have absolutely no half court offensive schemes. Its like if they cant score in transition, or a failed defensive assignment by the other team, its like they are playing streetball type basketball. Guys just running around with no direction, a hotshot guy who is trying to breakdown the d, then forces up a miracle shot, or if he isnt in a position to pull said shot off, passes it off to whatever man is closest/has a better percentage shot then him. Miami defense/transition is the only reason they have ever won games, that and just against teams where no play calling is needed because their players are just so much better they can just beat them off pure athleticism/being a better player.

I have been a fan of miami and thought from the start this was just do to getting use to playing with one another, but thats not the case. Its like halfcourt offense "hot potato" guys be passing up the ball like its a ticking time bomb(the knicks play the same way as well, which lead them to a sweep) and its like about to detonate, and it seems lbj always is the last guy with it, him or either wade. Thing about that though is when wade has had the ball, he usually has a defender thats slower, or he has an advatage over. that or try to close in on him he is too quick/wirey to get doubled.

LBJ on the other hand, usually has someone of his same size or taller/bigger and he cant maneuver/get around them, thus taking bad/miracle shots or passing out of it, forcing a player to pretty much catch shoot. That could possibly be mitigated if they ran plays designed to not put him in that position. Thing is im not for certain if they did this would he even especially this season step up and play the offense. Even in his clevland days he pretty much just scored at will do to the fact ppl would just isolate him on the jumpshot, thus he could pretty much do as he pleased. Now that he has develop a jumpshot players stick to him like fly paper, and force him to be a facilitator. Coupled with him exterting more energy on defense, by the time the 4th comes around he is flat. If you notice esp. as the game winds down, his shot becomes very flat.

Dallas has played him very smart almost like a david/goliath like boxers did mike tyson. Wear him down/out and let him do his thing once he has tuckered himself out. The heat are limited on great perimeter players so he is force to play balls to the wall on just about every defensive possession.

I think his struggles are a combination of all these things, a coach who doesnt no how to effectively use the players he has, mental toughness well lack their of by lbj, and him having to do so much for one team. i mean he is asked to be a pg/sg/sf on the offensive side, and pretty much the entire perimeter defender. Dude on defense pretty much plays every spot on the floor. Wade is only asked to be an attacker, and bosh is well just there lol, but nah he is asked to be the man to spot up shoot, relieve burden offa the other two scoring wise. And the rest of the team are no more then options/bailout players if the big 3 are in a position where they cant get off a shot.

Sunday is going to be a fairly interesting game. Something tells me that this isnt the end of this heat team and there will be a game 7.

I have finally seen the light.

Kobe at 32>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron at 26

What a shame. All the talent in the world and son is horrible under extreme pressure.
30t6p3b.gif

I have finally seen the light.

Kobe at 32>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron at 26

What a shame. All the talent in the world and son is horrible under extreme pressure.
30t6p3b.gif

That Lebron/Chandler call should of been a no call end of story
refs shouldnt decide games let the players play
Dirk has 52 Pts in 4th qtr of these finals and 24 of those from FREE THROW line

That Lebron/Chandler call should of been a no call end of story
refs shouldnt decide games let the players play
Dirk has 52 Pts in 4th qtr of these finals and 24 of those from FREE THROW line

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif
laugh.gif

318319578.jpg

This is golden 
laugh.gif

So what was the point of all this if he still has this "burden"? 

Originally Posted by LDJ

roll.gif
laugh.gif

318319578.jpg

This is golden 
laugh.gif

So what was the point of all this if he still has this "burden"? 

Does anybody think Spoelstra should've kept Wade out after he went to the locker room for that extended period of time? In retrospect LeBron seemed like he was starting to roll when Wade was off the court because he kind of had to... Do you guys agree/disagree?

Does anybody think Spoelstra should've kept Wade out after he went to the locker room for that extended period of time? In retrospect LeBron seemed like he was starting to roll when Wade was off the court because he kind of had to... Do you guys agree/disagree?

I disagree on that one... BRON needs D.WADE... It should not have been close if D.WADE wasn't there...Clearly WADE wanted to win than LBJ...LBJ's somewhat confused or in under pressure from all the HATE that he's been getting and unfortunately he hasn't been performing well under pressure.. Hope he gets the swag back when he was playing against the bulls and the celtics... Still hope the HEAT would pull off a game 6 win though!
happy.gif

I disagree on that one... BRON needs D.WADE... It should not have been close if D.WADE wasn't there...Clearly WADE wanted to win than LBJ...LBJ's somewhat confused or in under pressure from all the HATE that he's been getting and unfortunately he hasn't been performing well under pressure.. Hope he gets the swag back when he was playing against the bulls and the celtics... Still hope the HEAT would pull off a game 6 win though!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

No if Wade wants in put him in.. Spoelstra went wrong is giving Lebron no rest in 4th qtr im a strong believer dont bring him in the game until 6 minute mark or 5 and half minute mark..
This dude needs rest and he not playing aggressive enough on defense at this point wouldnt be mad if Lebron pick up more fouls and try to create more turnovers.. Lebron told Spo in november dont play me 45 minutes but in June he playing him 45 minutes..

*Also i think Lebron should of took his talents to college for one year. I was all for high school to nba but im realizing mentally these players who dont get enough college tend to suffer..You got your Kobes & Garnetts but that small fraction of players who is mentally strong enuff for Nba championship basketball

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

No if Wade wants in put him in.. Spoelstra went wrong is giving Lebron no rest in 4th qtr im a strong believer dont bring him in the game until 6 minute mark or 5 and half minute mark..
This dude needs rest and he not playing aggressive enough on defense at this point wouldnt be mad if Lebron pick up more fouls and try to create more turnovers.. Lebron told Spo in november dont play me 45 minutes but in June he playing him 45 minutes..

*Also i think Lebron should of took his talents to college for one year. I was all for high school to nba but im realizing mentally these players who dont get enough college tend to suffer..You got your Kobes & Garnetts but that small fraction of players who is mentally strong enuff for Nba championship basketball

If the heat lose I don't think this dude lbj ever recovers from it lulz.it will be a Damn shame how a great talent went from a king to a pawn.

Back
Top Bottom