Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

JVG: If I'm Serge Ibaka I'm naming my first kid Dirk.

JJ Barea will have a field day against Miami.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Honestly, people worrying about the Mavs defense, thinking how we'll get exposed and not be able to produce on the offensive end...

We've fared pretty well thus far have we not?

MIA is the quickest, and third best, defensive team in the league. The close-outs will be faster than any Dallas has seen. You saw the mavs 3 pt % plummet against the more athletic thunder after they lit up the aging lakers. Now, they'll have even less room. On the other end of the floor, kobe & durant aren't nearly as explosive off the dribble as wade is. Kidd will be in trouble when matched up against him. He'll probably just funnel him to the help in the paint & wade will draw the foul.

Additionally, at times durant, harden, & westbrook repeatedly slashed to the rim against that DAL d. Expect wade & lebron to do the same. It'll be even easier because the bosh-chandler matchup results in chandler being out of the paint.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Honestly, people worrying about the Mavs defense, thinking how we'll get exposed and not be able to produce on the offensive end...

We've fared pretty well thus far have we not?

MIA is the quickest, and third best, defensive team in the league. The close-outs will be faster than any Dallas has seen. You saw the mavs 3 pt % plummet against the more athletic thunder after they lit up the aging lakers. Now, they'll have even less room. On the other end of the floor, kobe & durant aren't nearly as explosive off the dribble as wade is. Kidd will be in trouble when matched up against him. He'll probably just funnel him to the help in the paint & wade will draw the foul.

Additionally, at times durant, harden, & westbrook repeatedly slashed to the rim against that DAL d. Expect wade & lebron to do the same. It'll be even easier because the bosh-chandler matchup results in chandler being out of the paint.

Been thinking about this finals these past couple of days and I just don't see how Miami is gonna lose this series. They're playing on a high level right now and their defense will smother Dallas. The major X-factor for Miami is gonna be Chris Bosh. He should have his way against the Mavs front court players. I see him putting up great numbers.

Only way I see the Mavs winning is if they get GREAT contribution from their bench. Someone other than Dirk has to step up in EACH GAME of the series.
I got Miami winning in 5 games.

this could be the highest rated finals in history

Been thinking about this finals these past couple of days and I just don't see how Miami is gonna lose this series. They're playing on a high level right now and their defense will smother Dallas. The major X-factor for Miami is gonna be Chris Bosh. He should have his way against the Mavs front court players. I see him putting up great numbers.

Only way I see the Mavs winning is if they get GREAT contribution from their bench. Someone other than Dirk has to step up in EACH GAME of the series.
I got Miami winning in 5 games.

this could be the highest rated finals in history

Originally Posted by NobleKane

dude you better take me off that list. i did not say heat in 5
laugh.gif
Didn't you talk about how the Heat would close us out in 5 like they did every other opponent?
nerd.gif

What's your prediction then, smart guy.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

dude you better take me off that list. i did not say heat in 5
laugh.gif
Didn't you talk about how the Heat would close us out in 5 like they did every other opponent?
nerd.gif

What's your prediction then, smart guy.

I just noticed that the Heat got the home court advantage in this series entirely thanks to their bench and the last game of the regular season when they beat the Raptors and Eddie House went off for 35 points. I bet that Spoelstra would be getting a lot of criticism had they lost that game.

I just noticed that the Heat got the home court advantage in this series entirely thanks to their bench and the last game of the regular season when they beat the Raptors and Eddie House went off for 35 points. I bet that Spoelstra would be getting a lot of criticism had they lost that game.

The Heat think they have a guy who can stay in front of Barea.

From Brian Windhorst, espn.com

Forget about all the talk about which Miami Heat player will defend Dirk Nowitzki. Who is going to defend J.J. Barea?

Believe it or not, at times it’ll be the Heat’s best defensive player, LeBron James.

How much does the Dallas Mavericks’ shifty little guard concern the Heat? They're actually putting him in the same sentences as the league’s Most Valuable Player. With a straight face.

“If you don’t treat him with the same type of respect as we did with Derrick Rose, he can really come in and have an impact on the game,

The Heat think they have a guy who can stay in front of Barea.

From Brian Windhorst, espn.com

Forget about all the talk about which Miami Heat player will defend Dirk Nowitzki. Who is going to defend J.J. Barea?

Believe it or not, at times it’ll be the Heat’s best defensive player, LeBron James.

How much does the Dallas Mavericks’ shifty little guard concern the Heat? They're actually putting him in the same sentences as the league’s Most Valuable Player. With a straight face.

“If you don’t treat him with the same type of respect as we did with Derrick Rose, he can really come in and have an impact on the game,

Back
Top Bottom