**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

(Big C) The Knicks off-season has been successful for the most part. Donnie Walsh has made a 180 with the team and is trying to point the Knicks in the right direction. With all the changes the Knicks have made I thought it was a good time to ask Mr. Knicks himself, the legend, Walt Clyde Frazier his opinion on the team. Here is my sit down interview with Walt Frazier about the Knicks upcoming season:

FromtheBaseline.com: I know we recently spoke about Lebron James. Tell me again, how do you feel about Lebron not coming to New York and going to the Heat?

Walt Frazier: I was surprised. I thought he would have come to New York and accept the challege of being here. Like most of the legends, like Michael Jordan said, “I would never want join Jerry West or Ocar Roberson." You wanted to beat those guys. I was surprised when Lebron went with Bosh and Wade.

FromtheBaseline.com: How do you feel about Lebron joining the Heat? Do you think they will be successful?

Walt Frazier: They should be successful. The only thing stopping them is their ego’s. I don’t think that will be a problem because they wanted to be together. The only question mark is their bench. They spent so much money to sign those three guys they do not have much of a bench. That’s the only question mark, is if their bench can be productive to catapult them to a championship.

FromtheBaseline.com: There are rumors, I know you've heard Carmelo Anthony wants to be a Knick. How do feel about Carmelo Anthony wanting to be a Knick, playing for the Knicks or signing with the Knicks?

Walt Frazier: It would be fantastic. He is one of the best players in the game--top 5 players in the game. And it seems like he wants to come to New York but there a lot of ramifications. So you know the fans. I don’t want them to be to be disappointed again if he does not happen. But a very exciting thought, Carmelo Anthony wanting to be a Knick.

FromtheBaseline.com: Do you think he will be like Lebron, or do you think he really wants to come to the Knicks? Do you think he’s serious?

Walt Frazier: Well that’s what he said, he mentioned the Knicks at the top of his list. You have to believe what he is saying.

FromtheBaseline.com: Now what do you think about the Knicks' star Amar’e Stoudemire?

Walt Frazier: I think he is a bona fide player, Man. That’s why I was surprised that Lebron did not want to come to New York and be with Stoudemire. The two of them would have been very successful I think. But we are very happy to get Amar’e Stoudemire. He’s a dominate player on the interior. He brings tenacity to the Knicks which is something the Knicks have been lacking.

FromtheBaseline.com: What do you have to say to people that say why did the Knicks get Stoudemire when they had David Lee with similar stats?

Walt Frazier: Bigger player. Bigger name. This is New York City. Lee was a fantastic player in everything he did for the team. However, Lee got caught in the numbers game so the Knicks went for Stoudemire rather than David Lee.

FromtheBaseline.com:: What are your thoughts about Danilo Gallinari coming into the season. What aspect of his game do you think he has improved on?

Walt Fraizer: We saw a tremendous improvement in his game. His rebounding, his defense, his shooting, his ability to get to the free throw line. Remember he missed most of his rookie year. Last season was more like his first year. I saw a tremendous improvement in his game. He is only going to get better. He is a player that thrives on tenacious work ethics. He wants to be one of the best. Last year he had some very memorable performances against some of the elite players in the league. So he’s right there on the threshold.

FromtheBaseline.com: What would you say to people who say Danilo Gallinari as just a shooter he had this to say:

Walt Fraizer: They are wrong. He works on defense. He is going to be a good passer. And remember at 6’10

(Big C) The Knicks off-season has been successful for the most part. Donnie Walsh has made a 180 with the team and is trying to point the Knicks in the right direction. With all the changes the Knicks have made I thought it was a good time to ask Mr. Knicks himself, the legend, Walt Clyde Frazier his opinion on the team. Here is my sit down interview with Walt Frazier about the Knicks upcoming season:

FromtheBaseline.com: I know we recently spoke about Lebron James. Tell me again, how do you feel about Lebron not coming to New York and going to the Heat?

Walt Frazier: I was surprised. I thought he would have come to New York and accept the challege of being here. Like most of the legends, like Michael Jordan said, “I would never want join Jerry West or Ocar Roberson." You wanted to beat those guys. I was surprised when Lebron went with Bosh and Wade.

FromtheBaseline.com: How do you feel about Lebron joining the Heat? Do you think they will be successful?

Walt Frazier: They should be successful. The only thing stopping them is their ego’s. I don’t think that will be a problem because they wanted to be together. The only question mark is their bench. They spent so much money to sign those three guys they do not have much of a bench. That’s the only question mark, is if their bench can be productive to catapult them to a championship.

FromtheBaseline.com: There are rumors, I know you've heard Carmelo Anthony wants to be a Knick. How do feel about Carmelo Anthony wanting to be a Knick, playing for the Knicks or signing with the Knicks?

Walt Frazier: It would be fantastic. He is one of the best players in the game--top 5 players in the game. And it seems like he wants to come to New York but there a lot of ramifications. So you know the fans. I don’t want them to be to be disappointed again if he does not happen. But a very exciting thought, Carmelo Anthony wanting to be a Knick.

FromtheBaseline.com: Do you think he will be like Lebron, or do you think he really wants to come to the Knicks? Do you think he’s serious?

Walt Frazier: Well that’s what he said, he mentioned the Knicks at the top of his list. You have to believe what he is saying.

FromtheBaseline.com: Now what do you think about the Knicks' star Amar’e Stoudemire?

Walt Frazier: I think he is a bona fide player, Man. That’s why I was surprised that Lebron did not want to come to New York and be with Stoudemire. The two of them would have been very successful I think. But we are very happy to get Amar’e Stoudemire. He’s a dominate player on the interior. He brings tenacity to the Knicks which is something the Knicks have been lacking.

FromtheBaseline.com: What do you have to say to people that say why did the Knicks get Stoudemire when they had David Lee with similar stats?

Walt Frazier: Bigger player. Bigger name. This is New York City. Lee was a fantastic player in everything he did for the team. However, Lee got caught in the numbers game so the Knicks went for Stoudemire rather than David Lee.

FromtheBaseline.com:: What are your thoughts about Danilo Gallinari coming into the season. What aspect of his game do you think he has improved on?

Walt Fraizer: We saw a tremendous improvement in his game. His rebounding, his defense, his shooting, his ability to get to the free throw line. Remember he missed most of his rookie year. Last season was more like his first year. I saw a tremendous improvement in his game. He is only going to get better. He is a player that thrives on tenacious work ethics. He wants to be one of the best. Last year he had some very memorable performances against some of the elite players in the league. So he’s right there on the threshold.

FromtheBaseline.com: What would you say to people who say Danilo Gallinari as just a shooter he had this to say:

Walt Fraizer: They are wrong. He works on defense. He is going to be a good passer. And remember at 6’10

I know this is very unrelated but damn 
laugh.gif

Hooooooooold up.....so what exactly did that dude do for the lady to come up and start arguing with him? Dude gets slapped. Then dude sits down and old dude rocks his !!% and tries to take him down over the seat but falls over the seats himself. And people wanted HIM thrown out?

Queens 
pimp.gif
we make tennis gully
roll.gif
roll.gif

According to the New York Post, the brawl stemmed from an issue overvocabulary. "He said, 'You've got a problem? Go ahead and hit me,' andshe slapped him across the face," a source told the Post.
All three fans were taken the 110th Precinct in Queens, Tim Curry, aspokesman for the United States Tennis Association, said. They were notcharged; rather, they were given trespass warnings and told not toreturn to the Open for a certain amount of time, the New York Timesreported (authorities were not aware of the duration).

Hooooooooold up.....so what exactly did that dude do for the lady to come up and start arguing with him? Dude gets slapped. Then dude sits down and old dude rocks his !!% and tries to take him down over the seat but falls over the seats himself. And people wanted HIM thrown out?

Queens 
pimp.gif
we make tennis gully
roll.gif
roll.gif

According to the New York Post, the brawl stemmed from an issue overvocabulary. "He said, 'You've got a problem? Go ahead and hit me,' andshe slapped him across the face," a source told the Post.
All three fans were taken the 110th Precinct in Queens, Tim Curry, aspokesman for the United States Tennis Association, said. They were notcharged; rather, they were given trespass warnings and told not toreturn to the Open for a certain amount of time, the New York Timesreported (authorities were not aware of the duration).

Originally Posted by Buc Em

he was obviously saying some outlandish type ***+ to them. old dude doesnt look like the type to start ***+ for no reason, nor the broad the kind to slap him in the face... nevertheless at a tennis match
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

he was obviously saying some outlandish type ***+ to them. old dude doesnt look like the type to start ***+ for no reason, nor the broad the kind to slap him in the face... nevertheless at a tennis match
laugh.gif

If I was that guy I would've pressed charges if I could and I would've threw the old dude on to the court from the stands when he came at me. The broad lucky too. Them other suckas coming to the rescue would've caught an $!% whooping as well.

I'm appalled.

If I was that guy I would've pressed charges if I could and I would've threw the old dude on to the court from the stands when he came at me. The broad lucky too. Them other suckas coming to the rescue would've caught an $!% whooping as well.

I'm appalled.

The thing is, that's not unusual at the tennis matches at the U.S. Open. You should see how some of these fools act on the 7.

And a big +%$+ you to JPZ. That %!*% was uncalled for.

The thing is, that's not unusual at the tennis matches at the U.S. Open. You should see how some of these fools act on the 7.

And a big +%$+ you to JPZ. That %!*% was uncalled for.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Queens
pimp.gif

My last day in Woodhaven. It was fun.

That dude with all the classic NY mannerisms though
laugh.gif

Yeah, he really does. 
laugh.gif
I'd be pissed if I were around those hooligans at that match.
I've been lucky enough not to see that behavior at any sporting event I've gone to.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Queens
pimp.gif

My last day in Woodhaven. It was fun.

That dude with all the classic NY mannerisms though
laugh.gif

Yeah, he really does. 
laugh.gif
I'd be pissed if I were around those hooligans at that match.
I've been lucky enough not to see that behavior at any sporting event I've gone to.

Back
Top Bottom