**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

I don't think it's that easy Dub. If the Denver trades Melo to NY, they would look like the losers because 1. they caved into his demands and 2. they would have accepted a "less desireable" package because we all know THE KNICKS HAVE NO ONE THAT COULD PLAY D3 besides Amare to offer. Denver doesn't have to do anything. They won't be Lebron'ed because they will never get market value for Melo. The only thing they can do is sell their fan base on possible draft picks they'll get.

I don't think it's that easy Dub. If the Denver trades Melo to NY, they would look like the losers because 1. they caved into his demands and 2. they would have accepted a "less desireable" package because we all know THE KNICKS HAVE NO ONE THAT COULD PLAY D3 besides Amare to offer. Denver doesn't have to do anything. They won't be Lebron'ed because they will never get market value for Melo. The only thing they can do is sell their fan base on possible draft picks they'll get.

New Jersey Nets in the running again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Only thing that worries me is that the Knicks don't draft picks to offer. Otherwise, we are in good position to get Melo. If not for this year, then after this season.

New Jersey Nets in the running again
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Only thing that worries me is that the Knicks don't draft picks to offer. Otherwise, we are in good position to get Melo. If not for this year, then after this season.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

the only leverage the nuggets have is the new CBA. it would be a game of chicken between melo and the nuggets, one that melo would win. the longer time goes by, the less they will get from anyone.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

the only leverage the nuggets have is the new CBA. it would be a game of chicken between melo and the nuggets, one that melo would win. the longer time goes by, the less they will get from anyone.

I think waiting is the best route for the Knicks. At the this point we'd just be negotiating against ourselves.

I think waiting is the best route for the Knicks. At the this point we'd just be negotiating against ourselves.

http://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT/status/22289981471
Patrick Ewing Jr. rejoins the Knicks. It's a partial guarantee, so he's likely competing for roster spot in October. Twitter

Alan Hahn: I've heard Azubuike is determined to be ready for camp (Sept. 25) and believes he will be. But patella injuries are nothing to mess with. Twitter
According to a source, Knicks free agent center Earl Barron turned down an offer recently from Maccabi Tel Aviv because he's confident he will sign with an NBA team soon. The Knicks showed interest in re-signing him, but because they overpaid for young Russian center Timofey Mozgov with a three-year, $9 million deal, brass ultimately has to see if he can contribute in his rookie year. New York Post

http://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT/status/22289981471
Patrick Ewing Jr. rejoins the Knicks. It's a partial guarantee, so he's likely competing for roster spot in October. Twitter

Alan Hahn: I've heard Azubuike is determined to be ready for camp (Sept. 25) and believes he will be. But patella injuries are nothing to mess with. Twitter
According to a source, Knicks free agent center Earl Barron turned down an offer recently from Maccabi Tel Aviv because he's confident he will sign with an NBA team soon. The Knicks showed interest in re-signing him, but because they overpaid for young Russian center Timofey Mozgov with a three-year, $9 million deal, brass ultimately has to see if he can contribute in his rookie year. New York Post

Dude actually bangs out there on the court and plays with hustle. IMO, we actually NEED some of that with our big FA signing this season & losing Lee.

I don't really care if he has a jumper or not.

Dude actually bangs out there on the court and plays with hustle. IMO, we actually NEED some of that with our big FA signing this season & losing Lee.

I don't really care if he has a jumper or not.

[h1]Report: Knicks Remain Melo's First Choice[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:42 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
According to the New York Daily News, all indications are that Carmelo Anthony intends to land with the Knicks.

"I give the Knicks a puncher's chance because everything I've heard from Carmelo's people is that his top choice is New York," Frank Isola reports. "His leverage is that he'll be a free agent on July 1."
[h1]New Denver GM: Keeping Melo My Top Priority[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:52 AM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
The Nuggets' new general manager, Masai Ujiri, told The Associated Press Friday night that his top priority is to try to keep Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

"Of course, that's going to be the priority," Ujiri said. "Melo is a great player, I think arguably a top-5 player in the NBA. ... It's a challenge, but I'll meet with Melo at some point. He's in China and he'll come back in the next couple of days. So, we'll set something up."

Ujiri said he understands that Anthony faces a major decision.

"I think that Melo maybe sometimes he goes through this in his mind and says, 'Should I stay? Should I go?' That's natural with somebody of his caliber and obviously sometimes he'll have his frustrations," Ujiri said. "But we love Melo. The city loves Melo. The players, the coaches."

Ujiri's previous position in Toronto exposed him to a similar situation where the team's marquee player did not sign the extension offered him.

"I just came from the Chris Bosh situation with the Toronto Raptors, so I can relate to how difficult it is on both sides," Ujiri said. "Obviously with management, with coaching, with the player himself."

Hmm.. kind of what i said about Denver hiring either the Suns executive or him.. Amare/Bosh

[h1]Report: Knicks Remain Melo's First Choice[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:42 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
According to the New York Daily News, all indications are that Carmelo Anthony intends to land with the Knicks.

"I give the Knicks a puncher's chance because everything I've heard from Carmelo's people is that his top choice is New York," Frank Isola reports. "His leverage is that he'll be a free agent on July 1."
[h1]New Denver GM: Keeping Melo My Top Priority[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:52 AM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
The Nuggets' new general manager, Masai Ujiri, told The Associated Press Friday night that his top priority is to try to keep Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

"Of course, that's going to be the priority," Ujiri said. "Melo is a great player, I think arguably a top-5 player in the NBA. ... It's a challenge, but I'll meet with Melo at some point. He's in China and he'll come back in the next couple of days. So, we'll set something up."

Ujiri said he understands that Anthony faces a major decision.

"I think that Melo maybe sometimes he goes through this in his mind and says, 'Should I stay? Should I go?' That's natural with somebody of his caliber and obviously sometimes he'll have his frustrations," Ujiri said. "But we love Melo. The city loves Melo. The players, the coaches."

Ujiri's previous position in Toronto exposed him to a similar situation where the team's marquee player did not sign the extension offered him.

"I just came from the Chris Bosh situation with the Toronto Raptors, so I can relate to how difficult it is on both sides," Ujiri said. "Obviously with management, with coaching, with the player himself."

Hmm.. kind of what i said about Denver hiring either the Suns executive or him.. Amare/Bosh

Back
Top Bottom