Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

Ray Lewis can eat a *#!$ that is all 
happy.gif

Jets causing alittle trouble yesterday :

New York Jets' alleged harassment of reporter Ines Sainz brings unwanted attention on eve of opener

GARY MYERS

Monday, September 13th 2010, 4:00 AM

Rex Ryan has become a cult hero to Jets fans with his oversized personality, his trash-talking and Super Bowl guarantees.

He would reach near-legendary status in New York sports if he were able to deliver on his championship promise. But, as the Jets get ready to open the season Monday night at home against the Ravens, he also must worry about how quickly it can all fall apart.

The frat-house atmosphere, the boys-will-be-boys approach, veterans tying up a big-mouth rookie to the goalpost in training camp and squirting Gatorade on him - all basically harmless. But just as quickly as Ryan has gone up, he can come crashing right down if he doesn't keep his team under control.

This isn't about 4 a.m. phone calls from the police about one of his guys getting arrested, the call all coaches fear. It's about respect. It's about his players and coaches not crossing the line from harmless fun to cruel teasing.

The reports that came out Sunday, which Roger Goodell and the Jets are now investigating, involve Ines Sainz, a former Miss Spain who is a reporter for TV Azteca in Mexico. She was at the Jets' facility in Florham Park on Saturday to interview Mark Sanchez and reportedly was being harassed by catcalls, whistling and extended stares by the players. The Association of Women In Sports Media has asked the NFL to investigate.

Ryan runs a loose camp and he's proud of it. All you had to do was watch five minutes of "Hard Knocks" this summer and you can see why the Jets will never have a problem recruiting free agents. But if this investigation reveals that Sainz was subjected to harassment, then Ryan must be held accountable as well as any of his players who may have treated her poorly.

There is no reason for women who elect to work in the sports media business to be subjected to unfair treatment. The days of women being intimidated covering sports are long gone. They deserve to be treated with respect and given the same access and courtesy.

Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman reportedly was intentionally overthrowing his players in an interception drill so the ball would land at Sainz's feet.

Woody Johnson spoke to Sainz Sunday. "He stressed to Ines that he expects all members of the Jets organization to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times," the team announced in a prepared statement. "We will continue to work with the league to gather the facts and take appropriate steps necessary to maintain a respectful environment for the media."

Johnson owns the team. Ryan runs the team. He should be next on the phone. At the Jets' team meeting Sunday night, a member of the Jets' PR staff addressed the players about the incident.

On the eve of the season opener, with expectations so high, this is about the last mess the Jets needed. The Jets haven't won a thing in more than 40 years - it's been 15,230 days since Joe Namath ran off the field in Miami on Jan. 12, 1969, but Ryan believes the long wait between championships will end in 147 days when the Jets win Super Bowl XLV in Dallas.

If he's made the Jets a target, if his brash talk has guaranteed the Jets will get the other team's best every week - usually reserved for defending Super Bowl champs - then he's not worried about it.

Are the Jets good enough to withstand the pressure Ryan has put on them in what has become a Super Bowl or bust season? Ryan says all the big talk really puts the pressure on him, but this is where he is wrong. His players face the pressure. They have to back up the coach on the field.

"If this thing doesn't work, if we lose a game, who do you think it's coming on? It's going to come on me," Ryan said. "Not on the team. It's going to be on me, Loudmouth Ryan. That's fine. I got broad shoulders. I can take it. You can put it on me. The simple fact is I believe in this football team. That's all I ever said. I've never put down another team. I just say what I believe."

Ryan thinks Monday night against the Ravens is the start of a championship season and anybody who ridicules him for expressing it doesn't matter. He's actually baffled why other coaches don't say the same about their teams. "If you don't, then that's a loser mentality," he said. "I believe in this football team. If other guys don't have the courage to say it, then they probably shouldn't be world champions."

It's going to be an electric atmosphere for the Jets' regular-season debut at the new stadium in the Meadowlands. "I think it's going to be crazy. I really do," Ryan said. "The fans are jacked beyond belief because there is such high expectations for this football team."

This season has such tremendous promise for the Jets. It's inexcusable to be making big headlines for the wrong reason.

shorty is bad though
pimp.gif

ines_sainz2.jpg

ines-sainz3.jpg

images

thejamkingshow_195.jpg

600full-ines-sainz.jpg

drool.gif

peep TO looking like a rapist behind the curtain
roll.gif

roll.gif

Jets causing alittle trouble yesterday :

New York Jets' alleged harassment of reporter Ines Sainz brings unwanted attention on eve of opener

GARY MYERS

Monday, September 13th 2010, 4:00 AM

Rex Ryan has become a cult hero to Jets fans with his oversized personality, his trash-talking and Super Bowl guarantees.

He would reach near-legendary status in New York sports if he were able to deliver on his championship promise. But, as the Jets get ready to open the season Monday night at home against the Ravens, he also must worry about how quickly it can all fall apart.

The frat-house atmosphere, the boys-will-be-boys approach, veterans tying up a big-mouth rookie to the goalpost in training camp and squirting Gatorade on him - all basically harmless. But just as quickly as Ryan has gone up, he can come crashing right down if he doesn't keep his team under control.

This isn't about 4 a.m. phone calls from the police about one of his guys getting arrested, the call all coaches fear. It's about respect. It's about his players and coaches not crossing the line from harmless fun to cruel teasing.

The reports that came out Sunday, which Roger Goodell and the Jets are now investigating, involve Ines Sainz, a former Miss Spain who is a reporter for TV Azteca in Mexico. She was at the Jets' facility in Florham Park on Saturday to interview Mark Sanchez and reportedly was being harassed by catcalls, whistling and extended stares by the players. The Association of Women In Sports Media has asked the NFL to investigate.

Ryan runs a loose camp and he's proud of it. All you had to do was watch five minutes of "Hard Knocks" this summer and you can see why the Jets will never have a problem recruiting free agents. But if this investigation reveals that Sainz was subjected to harassment, then Ryan must be held accountable as well as any of his players who may have treated her poorly.

There is no reason for women who elect to work in the sports media business to be subjected to unfair treatment. The days of women being intimidated covering sports are long gone. They deserve to be treated with respect and given the same access and courtesy.

Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman reportedly was intentionally overthrowing his players in an interception drill so the ball would land at Sainz's feet.

Woody Johnson spoke to Sainz Sunday. "He stressed to Ines that he expects all members of the Jets organization to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times," the team announced in a prepared statement. "We will continue to work with the league to gather the facts and take appropriate steps necessary to maintain a respectful environment for the media."

Johnson owns the team. Ryan runs the team. He should be next on the phone. At the Jets' team meeting Sunday night, a member of the Jets' PR staff addressed the players about the incident.

On the eve of the season opener, with expectations so high, this is about the last mess the Jets needed. The Jets haven't won a thing in more than 40 years - it's been 15,230 days since Joe Namath ran off the field in Miami on Jan. 12, 1969, but Ryan believes the long wait between championships will end in 147 days when the Jets win Super Bowl XLV in Dallas.

If he's made the Jets a target, if his brash talk has guaranteed the Jets will get the other team's best every week - usually reserved for defending Super Bowl champs - then he's not worried about it.

Are the Jets good enough to withstand the pressure Ryan has put on them in what has become a Super Bowl or bust season? Ryan says all the big talk really puts the pressure on him, but this is where he is wrong. His players face the pressure. They have to back up the coach on the field.

"If this thing doesn't work, if we lose a game, who do you think it's coming on? It's going to come on me," Ryan said. "Not on the team. It's going to be on me, Loudmouth Ryan. That's fine. I got broad shoulders. I can take it. You can put it on me. The simple fact is I believe in this football team. That's all I ever said. I've never put down another team. I just say what I believe."

Ryan thinks Monday night against the Ravens is the start of a championship season and anybody who ridicules him for expressing it doesn't matter. He's actually baffled why other coaches don't say the same about their teams. "If you don't, then that's a loser mentality," he said. "I believe in this football team. If other guys don't have the courage to say it, then they probably shouldn't be world champions."

It's going to be an electric atmosphere for the Jets' regular-season debut at the new stadium in the Meadowlands. "I think it's going to be crazy. I really do," Ryan said. "The fans are jacked beyond belief because there is such high expectations for this football team."

This season has such tremendous promise for the Jets. It's inexcusable to be making big headlines for the wrong reason.

shorty is bad though
pimp.gif

ines_sainz2.jpg

ines-sainz3.jpg

images

thejamkingshow_195.jpg

600full-ines-sainz.jpg

drool.gif

peep TO looking like a rapist behind the curtain
roll.gif

roll.gif

GO JETS!!!!

I really hope my Jets come thru, preseason was a real disappointment for me, not too confident about this offense but

LET'S GET IT!!

GO JETS!!!!

I really hope my Jets come thru, preseason was a real disappointment for me, not too confident about this offense but

LET'S GET IT!!

Man, the Jets and their fans have been talking MAD *+%#.

I just hope they can back it up this season.
pimp.gif

Man, the Jets and their fans have been talking MAD *+%#.

pimp.gif

Man, the Jets and their fans have been talking MAD !#%!.

pimp.gif

Man, the Jets and their fans have been talking MAD !#%!.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom