OFFICIAL 2010 NFL SEASON THREAD: BREAKING NEWS VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Love opening Free Preview week
pimp.gif
. Sunday Afternoon I'm going to sit back and watch Jason and the Raiders play...and obviously countdown to Sunday Night. 
smokin.gif

Talk about a rooster-tease. Sunday Ticket > attending almost any game.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Good luck to everyone and their teams, well not the Jets. I have a special, special hate for those clowns. Its personal.
More than the division rivals? 
eek.gif
The Steelers don't even annoy me as much as the Jets and their fans. All that Revis Christ mess sealed the deal for them. Revis Island? We'll see come Thanksgiving Night when Carson passes on Thanksgiving dinner to carve up Revis's $$!.

Fizzy, that was as funny as Rex Ryan in a full body under armor compression suit.

really though ? you forgot the last 2 games the jets played against the bengals bruh ?
laugh.gif

Good luck to everyone and their teams, well not the Jets. I have a special, special hate for those clowns. Its personal.
eek.gif
The Steelers don't even annoy me as much as the Jets and their fans. All that Revis Christ mess sealed the deal for them. Revis Island? We'll see come Thanksgiving Night when Carson passes on Thanksgiving dinner to carve up Revis's $$!.

Fizzy, that was as funny as Rex Ryan in a full body under armor compression suit.

really though ? you forgot the last 2 games the jets played against the bengals bruh ?
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Another Revis holdout could be coming in two years[/h1] With Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis set to earn $32.5 million in 2010 and 2011 combined and then only (only?) $13.5 million in 2012 and 2013 combined, we firmly believe that Revis will be holding out again two years from now, absent a true retirement contract from the Jets.

Revis himself has chimed in on the issue, sharing with Peter King a quote that will give Jets fans something more tangible to worry about in 2012 than the predictions from the Mayans.

Asked by King whether Revis could hold out again after the first two years of the deal, Revis said, "That's a great question.  If I continue to play ball like I usually do, we'll probably be back at that same position we were this year."

That said, the Revis contract includes one fairly important term aimed at encouraging Revis to show up for each of the next four years.  The three voidable years covering 2014 through 2016 go away only if Revis doesn't hold out over the next four.  And when those three years evaporate, the Jets can't use the franchise or transition tag on Revis.

Frankly, if Revis didn't care about being under contract for three more years without $32.5 million in new money in his pocket, he won't care about being under contract for five more years if he holds out.  Indeed, he didn't flinch at the prospect of losing the guarantee applicable to $20 million he was due to earn in 2010 and 2011, and he wasn't concerned about losing a year of service by holding out past August 10.

Still, if Revis "continue to play ball like I usually do," look for the Jets to get him locked up for the long term before he'd hold out again.

2r7vcoy.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Another Revis holdout could be coming in two years[/h1] With Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis set to earn $32.5 million in 2010 and 2011 combined and then only (only?) $13.5 million in 2012 and 2013 combined, we firmly believe that Revis will be holding out again two years from now, absent a true retirement contract from the Jets.

Revis himself has chimed in on the issue, sharing with Peter King a quote that will give Jets fans something more tangible to worry about in 2012 than the predictions from the Mayans.

Asked by King whether Revis could hold out again after the first two years of the deal, Revis said, "That's a great question.  If I continue to play ball like I usually do, we'll probably be back at that same position we were this year."

That said, the Revis contract includes one fairly important term aimed at encouraging Revis to show up for each of the next four years.  The three voidable years covering 2014 through 2016 go away only if Revis doesn't hold out over the next four.  And when those three years evaporate, the Jets can't use the franchise or transition tag on Revis.

Frankly, if Revis didn't care about being under contract for three more years without $32.5 million in new money in his pocket, he won't care about being under contract for five more years if he holds out.  Indeed, he didn't flinch at the prospect of losing the guarantee applicable to $20 million he was due to earn in 2010 and 2011, and he wasn't concerned about losing a year of service by holding out past August 10.

Still, if Revis "continue to play ball like I usually do," look for the Jets to get him locked up for the long term before he'd hold out again.

2r7vcoy.jpg

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

At least 150? That's a big number.
you always got something negative to say about the raiders.

Maybe 100 all together as a team.

We keep CJ under a 100 yards we got a chance.

always got something negative to say? When do I talk about the Raiders...never...there's nothing to talk about currently...
grin.gif

150 is a big number for average running backs...this is by far teh best running back in the league against a sub par run defense...it's very feasible

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

At least 150? That's a big number.
you always got something negative to say about the raiders.

Maybe 100 all together as a team.

We keep CJ under a 100 yards we got a chance.

always got something negative to say? When do I talk about the Raiders...never...there's nothing to talk about currently...
grin.gif

150 is a big number for average running backs...this is by far teh best running back in the league against a sub par run defense...it's very feasible

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

eek.gif

laugh.gif

New year. Revis will get smoked. QUOTE ME.

2r7vcoy.jpg

laugh.gif
I can't wait.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

eek.gif

laugh.gif

2r7vcoy.jpg

laugh.gif
I can't wait.

[h1]Jets act like "frat boys" when female reporter visits practice[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2010 6:59 PM ET
Though the NFL Films cameras are now gone, potential distractions remain at Jets practice.

A female reporter from TV Azteca was present today.  Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell us that the Jets responded to her presence by "acting like frat boys."

Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post made reference to the situation via Twitter on a couple of occasions.  Hubbuch said that defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman was reportedly overthrowing players in drills so that they could "accidentally" run into her.  Hubbuch also says that at one point linebacker Jason Taylor volunteered to take reps in the drill.

Hubbuch described the scene as "hilarious," but that sentiment wasn't universal.  We're told that the reporter went into the locker room after practice, and that some of the players behaved like construction workers and/or prison inmates.

One source said that defensive tackle Kris Jenkins was the loudest of the bunch, at one point exclaiming "this is our locker room," as if to justify the conduct.  

Some believe that the reporter appeared to be embarrassed, to the point of being close to tears.  Other reporters found the behavior of the players to be juvenile.

[h1]Jets act like "frat boys" when female reporter visits practice[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2010 6:59 PM ET
Though the NFL Films cameras are now gone, potential distractions remain at Jets practice.

A female reporter from TV Azteca was present today.  Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation tell us that the Jets responded to her presence by "acting like frat boys."

Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post made reference to the situation via Twitter on a couple of occasions.  Hubbuch said that defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman was reportedly overthrowing players in drills so that they could "accidentally" run into her.  Hubbuch also says that at one point linebacker Jason Taylor volunteered to take reps in the drill.

Hubbuch described the scene as "hilarious," but that sentiment wasn't universal.  We're told that the reporter went into the locker room after practice, and that some of the players behaved like construction workers and/or prison inmates.

One source said that defensive tackle Kris Jenkins was the loudest of the bunch, at one point exclaiming "this is our locker room," as if to justify the conduct.  

Some believe that the reporter appeared to be embarrassed, to the point of being close to tears.  Other reporters found the behavior of the players to be juvenile.

yo where the hell is the New York Giants 2010 thread...i swear someone made it...i searched for it and its no where to be found

yo where the hell is the New York Giants 2010 thread...i swear someone made it...i searched for it and its no where to be found

Not like I'm a Jets fan or anything but what have you seen to think this will happen?  Or are you referring more to the Bengals beating up on the Jets as a whole?  I'm real interested to see Pitt vs. NY this year.  AFC North schedule is ridiculously tough for all the teams

Not like I'm a Jets fan or anything but what have you seen to think this will happen?  Or are you referring more to the Bengals beating up on the Jets as a whole?  I'm real interested to see Pitt vs. NY this year.  AFC North schedule is ridiculously tough for all the teams

season finally here.........good luck to you guys teams

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

season finally here.........good luck to you guys teams

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom