OFFICIAL 2010 NFL SEASON THREAD: BREAKING NEWS VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS

damn...didnt know the practice squaders made that much

some of the pats moves confuse me (burgess, aiken, and woods in particular). some of the noobs better be special teams studs

Quentin Groves has won the weakside OLB job in Oakland.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
Jacksonville

its gonna be Sacks galore out there in Oakland.

Quentin Groves has won the weakside OLB job in Oakland.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
Jacksonville

its gonna be Sacks galore out there in Oakland.

[h1]Source: Vincent Jackson trade dead[/h1]
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

Trade talks over Vincent Jackson are dead between the San Diego Chargers and an unnamed team after agents for the holdout wide receiver agreed on terms for a new contract with the unnamed team, a league source told ESPN.com.

The agents for Pro Bowler Jackson and the unnamed team agreed to terms on a contract Saturday after the team was given permission by San Diego to talk to Jackson, according to the source.

Talks ended after the Chargers and the unnamed team reached an impasse over trade compensation, according to the source. The exact compensation package San Diego is seeking is unknown, but the team does believe Jackson is a valuable player, so it's no surprise they want a lot in return for him.

San Diego's trade demands could decrease as Jackson's holdout continues or the Chargers' could let him sit out the season. Jackson has said he is prepared to sit out the entire season.

Jackson held out all of training camp and the preseason, seeking a five-year contract worth $50 million, with $30 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton. San Diego is balking at giving him a new deal.

Jackson was deemed a restricted free agent due to the lack of a collective bargaining agreement in 2011. If he doesn't play in the final six games of the year, Jackson will not accrue a year toward free agency. In that case, if there is no lockout in 2011, he'll still be a restricted free agent when the 2010 season ends.

Jackson faces a three-game suspension from the NFL after two drunken driving arrests and then must sit three more games because San Diego placed him on the roster exempt list. If he is traded, the NFL Players' Association will probably try to get Jackson off the exempt list and get him on the field after his NFL suspension is served.

In August, San Diego gave Seattle permission to talk to Jackson, but the Seahawks could not come to an agreement with the receiver.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com

[h1]Source: Vincent Jackson trade dead[/h1]
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

Trade talks over Vincent Jackson are dead between the San Diego Chargers and an unnamed team after agents for the holdout wide receiver agreed on terms for a new contract with the unnamed team, a league source told ESPN.com.

The agents for Pro Bowler Jackson and the unnamed team agreed to terms on a contract Saturday after the team was given permission by San Diego to talk to Jackson, according to the source.

Talks ended after the Chargers and the unnamed team reached an impasse over trade compensation, according to the source. The exact compensation package San Diego is seeking is unknown, but the team does believe Jackson is a valuable player, so it's no surprise they want a lot in return for him.

San Diego's trade demands could decrease as Jackson's holdout continues or the Chargers' could let him sit out the season. Jackson has said he is prepared to sit out the entire season.

Jackson held out all of training camp and the preseason, seeking a five-year contract worth $50 million, with $30 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton. San Diego is balking at giving him a new deal.

Jackson was deemed a restricted free agent due to the lack of a collective bargaining agreement in 2011. If he doesn't play in the final six games of the year, Jackson will not accrue a year toward free agency. In that case, if there is no lockout in 2011, he'll still be a restricted free agent when the 2010 season ends.

Jackson faces a three-game suspension from the NFL after two drunken driving arrests and then must sit three more games because San Diego placed him on the roster exempt list. If he is traded, the NFL Players' Association will probably try to get Jackson off the exempt list and get him on the field after his NFL suspension is served.

In August, San Diego gave Seattle permission to talk to Jackson, but the Seahawks could not come to an agreement with the receiver.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com

[h3]The Albert smear campaign continues [/h3]
September, 5, 2010
Sep 5

10:23

AM ET

By Matt Mosley
It's not that I feel sorry for Albert Haynesworth or anything, but the well-orchestrated campaign against him from within the Washington ******** organization is starting to get old. On Saturday night, the Washington Post once again delivered a scathing report about Haynesworth based on anonymous sources who claimed the defensive tackle was "awful" in Thursday's preseason finale.

3543.jpg

Haynesworth
I guess it's really shocking news that Haynesworth would not put forth maximum effort in a fourth preseason game when 31 of his teammates were not in uniform. There are major leaks coming from this coaching staff and I don't get the sense that coach Mike Shanahan's trying to identify the source. But all of this seems like overkill to me. It's not like the coaches need to build a case against Haynesworth. He spent the entire offseason indicting himself.

Now the Post is reporting that it's unlikely Haynesworth will start against the Dallas Cowboys next Sunday. I guess this is supposed to be compelling theater, but it's starting to seem redundant to me. The Seattle Seahawks dumped an expensive player in T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Saturday and the ******** should've done the same thing with Haynesworth.

As I've predicted for months, they'll likely end up deactivating him on a permanent basis at some point this season. If you're going to sit around and act shocked by a man's poor performance in a preseason finale, then go ahead and release him.

At first, some of us praised Shanahan for showing Haynesworth who's boss. But as the regular season looms, Shanahan and the organization's anonymous sources are looking pettier by the day. Maybe we should hold some of them accountable for their role in this mess.

[h3]The Albert smear campaign continues [/h3]
September, 5, 2010
Sep 5

10:23

AM ET

By Matt Mosley
It's not that I feel sorry for Albert Haynesworth or anything, but the well-orchestrated campaign against him from within the Washington ******** organization is starting to get old. On Saturday night, the Washington Post once again delivered a scathing report about Haynesworth based on anonymous sources who claimed the defensive tackle was "awful" in Thursday's preseason finale.

3543.jpg

Haynesworth
I guess it's really shocking news that Haynesworth would not put forth maximum effort in a fourth preseason game when 31 of his teammates were not in uniform. There are major leaks coming from this coaching staff and I don't get the sense that coach Mike Shanahan's trying to identify the source. But all of this seems like overkill to me. It's not like the coaches need to build a case against Haynesworth. He spent the entire offseason indicting himself.

Now the Post is reporting that it's unlikely Haynesworth will start against the Dallas Cowboys next Sunday. I guess this is supposed to be compelling theater, but it's starting to seem redundant to me. The Seattle Seahawks dumped an expensive player in T.J. Houshmandzadeh on Saturday and the ******** should've done the same thing with Haynesworth.

As I've predicted for months, they'll likely end up deactivating him on a permanent basis at some point this season. If you're going to sit around and act shocked by a man's poor performance in a preseason finale, then go ahead and release him.

At first, some of us praised Shanahan for showing Haynesworth who's boss. But as the regular season looms, Shanahan and the organization's anonymous sources are looking pettier by the day. Maybe we should hold some of them accountable for their role in this mess.

gunna that herzlich avy is
pimp.gif

wonder who's gonna swoop in for tj houz...dude can def. still do work in the right offense *cough, cough, NE, cough*

gunna that herzlich avy is
pimp.gif

wonder who's gonna swoop in for tj houz...dude can def. still do work in the right offense *cough, cough, NE, cough*

If they had cut Albert this year, with it being uncapped, what are the cap ramifications in future years?

Obviously they're out a lot of guaranteed cash for one year of less than they expected on the field, but what would it have done for their cap going forward?

If they had cut Albert this year, with it being uncapped, what are the cap ramifications in future years?

Obviously they're out a lot of guaranteed cash for one year of less than they expected on the field, but what would it have done for their cap going forward?

damn i like the move to minnesota, if true. i didnt cut him from my fantasy team yet in one league

damn i like the move to minnesota, if true. i didnt cut him from my fantasy team yet in one league

Back
Top Bottom