OFFICIAL 2010 NFL SEASON THREAD: BREAKING NEWS VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS

2 defensive starters already out for the season for the Patriots. 
eek.gif

happy.gif

And still no running game, I have a feeling they are going to turn into a team that is involved in a lot of shootouts, 38-35 style.  And with Brady and Welker both on one hit away knees, this could be a season that ends quickly for the Pats.  Here's hoping.
laugh.gif
  (I don't want anyone hurt, I just would enjoy them losing a lot this year, to us especially) 

2 defensive starters already out for the season for the Patriots. 
eek.gif

happy.gif

And still no running game, I have a feeling they are going to turn into a team that is involved in a lot of shootouts, 38-35 style.  And with Brady and Welker both on one hit away knees, this could be a season that ends quickly for the Pats.  Here's hoping.
laugh.gif
  (I don't want anyone hurt, I just would enjoy them losing a lot this year, to us especially) 

The Ravens traded for Josh Wilson? 
eek.gif

That's a great get. More mind-blowing than that is why Seattle would trade him for a fourth or fifth-round pick.

eek.gif

That's a great get. More mind-blowing than that is why Seattle would trade him for a fourth or fifth-round pick.

Months after the infamous job interview with Dez Bryant where Miami Dolphinsgeneral manager Jeff Ireland asked the wide receiver if his mother hadeven been a prostitute and subsequently apologized to the Dallas Cowboys rookie, Ireland is planning to seek out Bryant before or after this week's preseason game.

According to the Miami Herald, Ireland has "given thought to the Bryant situation in recent days and would like to speak with Bryant. Ireland and others within the Dolphins organization have discussed how to handle Thursday's likely meeting because the GM knows it will be an issue for the media and perhaps Bryant himself."

Per the report, Ireland wants to "try to make sure Bryant is OK with everything."

Bryant answered Ireland's question, saying his mother, who has been convicted of drug dealing, had never worked as a prostitute. However, he was offended by the question and made that known to reporters.

At the time of the incident, Ireland issued the following statement:

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting. Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him. I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

Bryant said recently that he doesn't hold a grudge.

"I'm pretty sure if I was to see him on the field, I would shake his hand, shake coach Sparano's hand," Bryant told Dallas reporters. "Just a lot of misunderstanding in that situation. Everything is fine."

Months after the infamous job interview with Dez Bryant where Miami Dolphinsgeneral manager Jeff Ireland asked the wide receiver if his mother hadeven been a prostitute and subsequently apologized to the Dallas Cowboys rookie, Ireland is planning to seek out Bryant before or after this week's preseason game.

According to the Miami Herald, Ireland has "given thought to the Bryant situation in recent days and would like to speak with Bryant. Ireland and others within the Dolphins organization have discussed how to handle Thursday's likely meeting because the GM knows it will be an issue for the media and perhaps Bryant himself."

Per the report, Ireland wants to "try to make sure Bryant is OK with everything."

Bryant answered Ireland's question, saying his mother, who has been convicted of drug dealing, had never worked as a prostitute. However, he was offended by the question and made that known to reporters.

At the time of the incident, Ireland issued the following statement:

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting. Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him. I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

Bryant said recently that he doesn't hold a grudge.

"I'm pretty sure if I was to see him on the field, I would shake his hand, shake coach Sparano's hand," Bryant told Dallas reporters. "Just a lot of misunderstanding in that situation. Everything is fine."

https://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco
OGOchoCinco

#promisetweet I f i am able to score week 1 in New England i will be taking the minute men rifle and firing as they do when the PATS score
Jay_Glazer

Giants are not interested in trading for matt leinart. They are looking for a veteran backup who's perfectly content w being eli's backup
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Haynesworth may be inactive in Week One[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 1, 2010 2:58 PM ET
Mike Shanahan's quest to show Albert Haynesworth who's boss has not ended yet.

While most ******** starters sit out or barely play in Thursday's preseason finale, Haynesworth will play and could see a big workload, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

Fair enough. The guy missed the whole offseason and has to catch up on work.  Shanahan may not stop there, however. 

La Canfora says the a member of Shanahan's staff told him Haynesworth could be deactivated in Week One against the Cowboys.  No matter what you think about Haynesworth, this is good news for Dallas.

We watched Haynesworth closely last week during an up-and-down performance.  He struggled on some running plays, but he also ended one Jets drive by himself with two good plays in a row.

Sitting Haynesworth in Week One won't help Shanahan's chances of winning.  And that's why we don't believe it will happen.

Link

https://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco
OGOchoCinco

#promisetweet I f i am able to score week 1 in New England i will be taking the minute men rifle and firing as they do when the PATS score
Jay_Glazer

Giants are not interested in trading for matt leinart. They are looking for a veteran backup who's perfectly content w being eli's backup
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Haynesworth may be inactive in Week One[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 1, 2010 2:58 PM ET
Mike Shanahan's quest to show Albert Haynesworth who's boss has not ended yet.

While most ******** starters sit out or barely play in Thursday's preseason finale, Haynesworth will play and could see a big workload, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

Fair enough. The guy missed the whole offseason and has to catch up on work.  Shanahan may not stop there, however. 

La Canfora says the a member of Shanahan's staff told him Haynesworth could be deactivated in Week One against the Cowboys.  No matter what you think about Haynesworth, this is good news for Dallas.

We watched Haynesworth closely last week during an up-and-down performance.  He struggled on some running plays, but he also ended one Jets drive by himself with two good plays in a row.

Sitting Haynesworth in Week One won't help Shanahan's chances of winning.  And that's why we don't believe it will happen.

Link

Yeah terrible signing but they have depth there

Ben meeting with Godell trying to get suspension cut to 4 or less. Judging the QBs this preseason the less the better for the team football wise

Yeah terrible signing but they have depth there

Ben meeting with Godell trying to get suspension cut to 4 or less. Judging the QBs this preseason the less the better for the team football wise

The pats were always going to be a shootout team with the runningbacks they have. They didn't bring in anyone new and didn't have much running game next year.

I think Brady will be better then last year and they'll just air it out.

The pats were always going to be a shootout team with the runningbacks they have. They didn't bring in anyone new and didn't have much running game next year.

I think Brady will be better then last year and they'll just air it out.

snyderjones810a.jpg

So I guess there's no logical reason why "rival" owners like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder, who both have marketing deals with Papa John's, shouldn't join forces in an ad campaign that will be revealed during their teams' season-opening meeting on NBC. A little bit of commerce never soiled anyone's reputation.

"Only Papa John's Pizza can bring the Cowboys & ******** together!" the Papa John's Facebook page says. "Papa John Schnatter had a commercial shoot on 9.1.10 with Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, & ******** owner, Dan Snyder. Check out the Cowboys vs ******** game on 9.12.10 for the real thing, but until then here are a few behind the scenes pics of this winning trio!"

Link

snyderjones810a.jpg

So I guess there's no logical reason why "rival" owners like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder, who both have marketing deals with Papa John's, shouldn't join forces in an ad campaign that will be revealed during their teams' season-opening meeting on NBC. A little bit of commerce never soiled anyone's reputation.

"Only Papa John's Pizza can bring the Cowboys & ******** together!" the Papa John's Facebook page says. "Papa John Schnatter had a commercial shoot on 9.1.10 with Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, & ******** owner, Dan Snyder. Check out the Cowboys vs ******** game on 9.12.10 for the real thing, but until then here are a few behind the scenes pics of this winning trio!"

Link

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

eek.gif

Yeah, he'll  flourish well in Baltimore. On the compensation end I agree but I see this as an occuring trend from their front office, see the Whitehust deal
roll.gif
 Moving down 20 spots in the '10 draft, giving up '11 3rd round pick, then signing him to a 5 mil/yr contract.

But Walter Thurmond pretty much "won" the starting job from him.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

eek.gif

Yeah, he'll  flourish well in Baltimore. On the compensation end I agree but I see this as an occuring trend from their front office, see the Whitehust deal
roll.gif
 Moving down 20 spots in the '10 draft, giving up '11 3rd round pick, then signing him to a 5 mil/yr contract.

But Walter Thurmond pretty much "won" the starting job from him.

Back
Top Bottom