OFFICIAL 2010 NFL SEASON THREAD: BREAKING NEWS VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS

packers family night tonight
pimp.gif

Preview of next off-season...

Titans running back Chris Johnson vows to be a good teammate, keep a good attitude, and do everything the organization asks of him this season.

The way he sees it, the blockbuster contract he didn't get this summer already has been promised for next summer. And if he doesn't get it by then, he said, he won't budge on his demands.

"I couldn't be in here mad. If I was going to come in here mad, I shouldn't have taken the little (money) they gave me,'' Johnson said of the compromise he reached with the Titans last month. "Basically I have to come in here and have a great year and get my history deal next year.
"I felt like I deserved it this year, but … I can say it won't happen again. This is the last time without me having a long-term deal. It's a must.''

"I feel like a lot of teams around the league would be willing to pay me, but I want to be here. And I feel like the way we worked it out for me to come this year, they pretty much know already I should have a deal next year. I know there is nothing I can do now. I just have to wait 'til next year.''
Johnson, who skipped all of the voluntary offseason workouts and practices, reiterated that he's going to work hard to have an even better season than last year.

After rushing for a league-leading 2,006 yards, compiling 2,509 all-purpose yards and taking home the NFL Offensive Player of the Year award, his goals include 2,500 rushing and 3,000 all-purpose yards.
"When it is all said and done, he wants to play football,'' tight end Bo Scaife said. "Usually production gets rewarded, but not in every case. You don't know exactly what is going to happen, but if you just go out there and do your thing, something good usually happens. … But we all know we are glad to have C.J. in this locker room.''
If he has another season like last year, I wonder if Bud will really open that check book?... probably not
smh.gif

FYI - largest extension for a RB was McFloppy's main man Shaun Alexander 8yr/62 million (15 guaranteed) after his "MVP" season.
laugh.gif

Preview of next off-season...

Titans running back Chris Johnson vows to be a good teammate, keep a good attitude, and do everything the organization asks of him this season.

The way he sees it, the blockbuster contract he didn't get this summer already has been promised for next summer. And if he doesn't get it by then, he said, he won't budge on his demands.

"I couldn't be in here mad. If I was going to come in here mad, I shouldn't have taken the little (money) they gave me,'' Johnson said of the compromise he reached with the Titans last month. "Basically I have to come in here and have a great year and get my history deal next year.
"I felt like I deserved it this year, but … I can say it won't happen again. This is the last time without me having a long-term deal. It's a must.''

"I feel like a lot of teams around the league would be willing to pay me, but I want to be here. And I feel like the way we worked it out for me to come this year, they pretty much know already I should have a deal next year. I know there is nothing I can do now. I just have to wait 'til next year.''
Johnson, who skipped all of the voluntary offseason workouts and practices, reiterated that he's going to work hard to have an even better season than last year.

After rushing for a league-leading 2,006 yards, compiling 2,509 all-purpose yards and taking home the NFL Offensive Player of the Year award, his goals include 2,500 rushing and 3,000 all-purpose yards.
"When it is all said and done, he wants to play football,'' tight end Bo Scaife said. "Usually production gets rewarded, but not in every case. You don't know exactly what is going to happen, but if you just go out there and do your thing, something good usually happens. … But we all know we are glad to have C.J. in this locker room.''
If he has another season like last year, I wonder if Bud will really open that check book?... probably not
smh.gif

FYI - largest extension for a RB was McFloppy's main man Shaun Alexander 8yr/62 million (15 guaranteed) after his "MVP" season.
laugh.gif

Damn, that was a very good article about the CBA and how the players feel. Doesn't sound too good for next year.

Damn, that was a very good article about the CBA and how the players feel. Doesn't sound too good for next year.

Now he's lean again, looking and performing like the receiver who came of Southern California in 2005 as a top-ten draft pick rather than a man cast for The Biggest Loser.

Williams, reunited with his college coach, Pete Carroll, is one of the most intriguing storylines in Seahawks camp with his make-or-break comeback attempt.

"I can do what my mind pictured for myself, the way I want to look and run," says Williams, 26, whose outstanding start to training camp follows his stellar work in OTA sessions. "How I picture myself, I can apply that and actually do it, as opposed to being a little heavier and not being able to cut as much."

USA today article on Mike Williams possible comeback

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2010-08-08-mike-williams-camp-report_N.htm

Now he's lean again, looking and performing like the receiver who came of Southern California in 2005 as a top-ten draft pick rather than a man cast for The Biggest Loser.

Williams, reunited with his college coach, Pete Carroll, is one of the most intriguing storylines in Seahawks camp with his make-or-break comeback attempt.

"I can do what my mind pictured for myself, the way I want to look and run," says Williams, 26, whose outstanding start to training camp follows his stellar work in OTA sessions. "How I picture myself, I can apply that and actually do it, as opposed to being a little heavier and not being able to cut as much."

USA today article on Mike Williams possible comeback

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2010-08-08-mike-williams-camp-report_N.htm

Adam Schefter Twitter:

Jets chairman and CEO Woody Johnson told @JeremySchaap that his gut feeling is CB Darrelle Revis will not play this season. 2 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Adam Schefter Twitter:

Jets chairman and CEO Woody Johnson told @JeremySchaap that his gut feeling is CB Darrelle Revis will not play this season. 2 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

Originally Posted by TheGift23

MilkandCookies

3a53693a43ecf754e172fbbbdb7242e5bd21a6d4_t.gif
I apologize for responding so late. IT'S SICK, Thanks Gift.BTW I hope you're secretly rooting for the Raiders this year cuz i think ya boy J. Campbell is gonna continue the pattern of improvement.

Back
Top Bottom