Official 2010 ECF series thread: Orlando magic vs. Boston Celtics (BOS leads 3-2)Not so fast BOS

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Boston has been getting OD calls all series, come on now.
laugh.gif

They just got outplayed tonight, as well as game 4 also. Boston could have closed this game out a few days ago.

They slept.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Now it's time to step up. The momentum is swinging towards Orlando right now but the Celtics are still in the driver's seat.
I'll go on record now, if we lose game 6, we lose the series. Game 7-like atmosphere Friday night.

I think ya'll will take game 6 in Boston and close it out

but if for some reason you don't, I'm 90% sure you will lose the series in Orlando[making history]. that atmosphere will be crazy

Boston's game 7 is Friday night for all intents and purposes. They might go from almost sweeping Orlando to being in the history books for the wrong reason. They still have the edge in the overall series score but that's about it. All else being equal I think this is Orlando's series to lose now...they look much better and more than one person is turning up for their offense now unlike the first 3 games...

Originally Posted by MR RASKATRIPAS

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Boston has been getting OD calls all series, come on now.
laugh.gif

They just got outplayed tonight, as well as game 4 also. Boston could have closed this game out a few days ago.

They slept.

Qouted for the "
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
mad.gif
" Boston fans blaming the refs...
I just want to see HISTORY...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

when a team is down 3-0 all likely hood they will lose in fact they have all lost

when a team is down 3-1 they have not always lost..... its possible

The Magic fall into the category of down 3-0 so your point about being down 3-1 is null.  It's not like every team that was down 3-0 got swept.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This guy really thought he had something
keep watching, some say the series was done........

It still doesn't change that what you said was wrong. 

because u dont agree with it makes it wrong
roll.gif
roll.gif

i dont think orlando will win this series, but u think this team  is thinking bout being 3-0 now, or the fact that they are 3-2 and one game away from tying this series?

I'm so glad Dwight is @%!$@%% these dudes up. They spent the first 3 games hacking and slapping him every time he touched the ball.

Payback's a %%@%@.

If that was a T on Perkins for the elbow, how was this NOT a T on Robin Lopez with the referee basically watching the entire play go down:

I COMPLETELY agree with Doc Rivers about the double technical stuff. Most of the time from what I've seen watching the games, the double Ts happen when refs are not even paying attention and then see two guys getting into it.

The double technical is a complete cop-out for an official.

Most of these technicals have got to go. The refs are just calling too many of them now. We WANT to see these players get emotional. We want to see them care. We want to see them jaw at each other, fight for rebounding position, set screens, run through screens, disagree with a few calls.

^I agree with everything said except for the last part... Few calls? These cats disagree with every call LOL. But yeah, if the Celtics were to lose, I wouldn't want them to lose because a key defensive player was out because of a few words.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^I agree with everything said except for the last part... Few calls? These cats disagree with every call LOL. But yeah, if the Celtics were to lose, I wouldn't want them to lose because a key defensive player was out because of a few words.
Yeah, that might have been an understatement. 
ohwell.gif

It annoys me that the refs are the center of attention in this series for the majority of fans posting in these threads. Really? The Magic were winning this game when Perkins was in there. 

If you think KENDRICK +$*#@$@ PERKINS was going to save them from Jameer hitting big shots, from Rashard Lewis finally waking up, from Ray Allen shooting 3 of 11, from Garnett shooting 5 of 14, from J.J. Redick continuing to emerge as the surprise player of the playoffs in my opinion, then you're delusional.

Talk about something else. We get it. It was a bad call to see Perkins get ejected. But to just stick with that and bring nothing else to the table as a fan of the NBA for the game that we all just watched is a cheap cop-out as a fan. The Magic won by 21 and Rasheed Wallace, Perkins' backup, scored 21 points in 18 minutes. MOVE THE *%!! ON.

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Yeah, that might have been an understatement. 
ohwell.gif

It annoys me that the refs are the center of attention in this series for the majority of fans posting in these threads. Really? The Magic were winning this game when Perkins was in there. 

If you think KENDRICK +$*#@$@ PERKINS was going to save them from Jameer hitting big shots, from Rashard Lewis finally waking up, from Ray Allen shooting 3 of 11, from Garnett shooting 5 of 14, from J.J. Redick continuing to emerge as the surprise player of the playoffs in my opinion, then you're delusional.

Talk about something else. We get it. It was a bad call to see Perkins get ejected. But to just stick with that and bring nothing else to the table as a fan of the NBA for the game that we all just watched is a cheap cop-out as a fan. The Magic won by 21 and Rasheed Wallace, Perkins' backup, scored 21 points in 18 minutes. MOVE THE *%!! ON.

Well said sir!! Magic beat the Celtics this game stamp it, ship it out!

Originally Posted by tmoney85

If that was a T on Perkins for the elbow, how was this NOT a T on Robin Lopez with the referee basically watching the entire play go down:

it was a double technical

JJ shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, unless you don't watch any Magic games. He is a very smart player and always performs well on both sides of the floor. The Celtics are showing their age right now. And how you gonna have two players get KO'D?
laugh.gif

Also, this was a feel good game for Bass. I like how Jameer told him to just keep his head up. Bass is a really good player.

with the momentum going our way and the Celtics being old and injured, we look like we can win this...even if we lose the series and i think we prevented the Celtics from winning the title.

Now if Van Gundy was smart he would lure Perkins into getting a technical in the next game. Just have some expendable player mix it up and get physical with Satan Jr so he'll lose his temper once again.

Dwight has to keep playing hard and continue handing out concussions.  Garnett don't really want to scrap with Dwight like that. 

tomorrow nights game is a toss up imo. if it was a team without a proven track record when it comes to winning big games, i would favor orlando in game 6, but boston has won some big games, they won a game with a similar situation 2 weeks ago to this day where it was win or have a game 7 on the road. orlando is a good road team and has momentum but momentum can only carry you so far. orlando is gonna come out and play a good game but i would think boston takes it late. the city of boston can't have 2 teams blow 3-0 lead in 2 weeks, can they?

win or lose, orlando played this series with some heart after falling down 0-3 so you gotta give them credit for that.

either way since im a fan of neither team i just want a good close entertaining game that either team still has a chance at winning late in the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

^ If the Magic don't go, who really cares who wins the finals?

trust me i agree...im just making a statement..i will not be watching the Finals if the Magic dont make it.
You'll be missed.

can't wait for tomorrow's game, it's gonna be very interesting. As much as I want the Magic to take it, I have a feeling Boston will beat 'em in a close one.

Back
Top Bottom