***OFFICIAL 2010 Australian Open Tournament Post*** Edit: Congrats to Federer, S. Williams

eek.gif
I missed the first match, but MaSha's out already!?
I just hope Kirilenko does reasonably well, and that this wasn't just a one-off performance.
f9954e791c1a1ba7015e7980bff433ab-getty-95732091mb036_2010_australi.jpg
6c365839eb65039cf4ed39f94b3cbb0a-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg

laugh.gif
The fans won't like this...
aaaa940c810c0adea01e991b3a7686b1-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg

Anyone watching? This Luczak guy's really making Rafa work! He's playing well, while Rafa's just not as sharp as usual. Luczak serving for the 1stset.

EDIT ~ But Rafa comes back and takes the 1st set in a tie-break.
Few more pics
d221930ae80d636861f5db7818ea1611-getty-tennis-aus-open.jpg
57b306ccf3cfdd8c033f142fce522ced-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg
549467ecaa322099b1fadfbf3b84bd40-getty-tennis-aus-open.jpg
a02568f4ecf40b7e2b3337add12869db-getty-tennis-aus-open.jpg

One for the beasts.
2d2d2a1bb275de84412f859f2e5e085f-getty-tennis-aus-open.jpg

So when did Andy Murray switch from Fred Perry to Adidas? And is JMDP wearing the air zoom breathe cage 1's?

^^yup spotted that. Bit disapointed really, its all a bit Tim i'd given up on a grand slam after my first 5 years on tour Henman for my liking

Was hoping he'd get a Nike deal. Then again if he'd won one by now, he may have done.................

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Federer the Goat got this.
pimp.gif

I hope he takes this. He's on his longest drought ever here in Melbourne. He hasn't won here since 2007
laugh.gif
, that's a very long time on Fedsterms.

i was going to come in here and say it looks like serna lost some muscle mass and is in better shape

then she started to run out of gas late in the match

How the hell is Andreev a first round matchup to Fed? Andreev is killin it with the MONSTER forehands right....got Fed on a string right now

Just tuned into the Fed/Igor match... How did Fed lose the first set?
smokin.gif
Watching Igor's ground strokes, especially with his forehand, are landing so short (around the service line), I'm surprised Fed hasn't taken moreof an advantage on that. I don't like how all the players now are "whipping-up" on their forehands rather than hitting through the ball... Lol. The evolution of the modern tennis game I suppose.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

So when did Andy Murray switch from Fred Perry to Adidas? And is JMDP wearing the air zoom breathe cage 1's?
Yeah, he switched to Adi in December, I think... Djoker is now with Sergio Tacchini, but is wearing Adi shoes... JMDP's shoes are actually thenew "cages", Zoom Breathe 2K10 . The Breathe Free/Cage still has a big following, but this time it comes with Zoom (I think past models have alwayssat on Max)
NMZBGW-1.jpg

Gasquet never fails... He just put on one of all time epic chokes.

Up 2 sets to 0 and finds a way to lose. To make it worse in the 5th set he was up a break at 4-2 and ends up losing 4 straight games to give the match away. Ithought this could be the year where he makes some more consistent noise since I always thought the age of 23 was going to be his magic number but thisisn't a good way to start the year. This is the type of match where it makes me think he will never put it together...

@*@... A ballboy pissed himself
eek.gif
roll.gif

You're in Trouble: Ballboy Has Accident on Court, Delays Match

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Just when you thought you'd heard everything ...

American Donald Young beat Christophe Rochus 1-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round of the Australian Open Tuesday.

But just as Young had broken serve in the fourth set and started to take control of the match, there was an inexplicable delay.

Young explained: "A ballboy started peeing on himself. So that was really unfortunate.''

You mean that metaphorically, right?

"I looked back and it was dripping on the court,'' Young said. "He ran off. And when he ran off ..."

It left a trail on the court. Well, you can't just keep playing a major tennis tournament with urine on the court. For one thing, it looks bad. But for another, the players could slip in it and get hurt.

"They came out with the blower,'' Young said, "and it wasn't working, so ...''

The delay lasted half an hour.

Big John Isner pulls out the W....Now time for JMDP vs James Blake. Could be a great match if Blake brings the wood on the forehand. 2 MONSTER forehands shouldbe a GREAT MATCH.

Back
Top Bottom