Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Man bad call on d lee but how crazy is this game!

I know I am really hard on him, but you cant be serious that it was a bad call.

Think I'm just hard on him to but man. 1 pt game with 11 secs left... This is crazy

Awful shot selection
30t6p3b.gif
. You gotta drive that Monta.

Dang.. ok... Can't believe that.... On to the grizz... Clock malfunction? Come on man! And the A's are losing to the giants after the loss last night. SMH at sports right now

good game guys.. stupid pass by cook, but GREAT shots by your guys and can't hate on that..

we survived this one

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Awful shot selection
30t6p3b.gif

Gotta drive it. 5+ secs left and you settle for a long two... 
sick.gif
 I got my hopes up to high.. should of known

Played hard, good game. It would be good to do something different than his other game winners but I can live with that shot.

Losing doesn't hurt us now, so I don't mind the L's...

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Awful shot selection
30t6p3b.gif
He just doesn't learn. If he got more calls maybe he would. Not a bad loss though all things considered.

I dont get the idea you all seem to agree upon, that it was an awful shot selection.

-Monta has been making those all season long in the clutch.
-He doesnt get fouls he deserves when he drives.
-It was an open look.

No problem with the shot at all. He makes it and you guys are all going crazy. It was a good look. He just missed it.

I thought it was an okay shot. For a last second situation, he's done that same move/shot; it would have been nice to see him switch it up, cuz I'm sure Thabo knew what he was going to do when he was guarding him. But nothing wrong with the shot (from my perspective).

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont get the idea you all seem to agree upon, that it was an awful shot selection.

-Monta has been making those all season long in the clutch.
-He doesnt get fouls he deserves when he drives.
-It was an open look.

No problem with the shot at all. He makes it and you guys are all going crazy. It was a good look. He just missed it.
I felt he could had gotten a better look instead of settling for a long jumper.  They were only down one and the shot he took was close to a three pointer.  I feel like this team is always going to be at a bind; good enough record that won't allow them for a good draft pick, but not good enough for the playoffs.

I have no problems with the shot at all. Thabo is an elite perimeter defender and Monta got a good look. If he makes it, nobody says anything.

I felt he could got a better look to but to say if he makes it we would go crazy thats true but every made shot doesn't mean it was a good decision. I've seen plenty of games where when it's released I scream no but it goes in anyways... I agree about not getting calls but hey. GS as a team doesn't get respect like that

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I have no problems with the shot at all. Thabo is an elite perimeter defender and Monta got a good look. If he makes it, nobody says anything.

thabo hasn't been that great this season defensively.. not sure if it's that biga$$ brace he's wearing on his leg or wa

i think monta should have attacked the rim

^He might not be as consistent as he was last year, but he is still one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

I missed the game too.
frown.gif
Yeah I agree that shot wasn't bad, he's made those before. That game tying three would've been nice if that was the final shot to win the game.

I think my problem with the last shot is despite making them all year, his jumpers just weren't dropping at all that night. Might've had a better chance making it driving in. Just my 2cents.

I agree but he made that 3 so he must of felt confident about it. IIRC, one game he drove inside and he was blocked, forgot which game, it was a bigger defender guarding him. If it was a smaller player he would've went in. I think if Curry had the ball in that situation he would've turned the ball over.
laugh.gif

Got an interview at Apple next week
pimp.gif
, first call from a company I actually really want to work for.
laugh.gif
Gotta ace it like no other....

Back
Top Bottom