Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Above and beyond the fact that he put his and many others' lives at risk, he made his son miss his fantasy draft.
30t6p3b.gif

Didn't a few people say tonight's draft time conflicts with the Giants game? I know that's the way it turned out for me. Sorry to miss the draft but I'd rather be out and about than at my computer drafting a fantasy team.

The time should have been changed.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

30t6p3b.gif
at you fools who didn't show up.
im pissed. i had the window open with 1 hour to go and fell asleep. no excuses
30t6p3b.gif
my dad got into an accident so i couldnt be around a comp...
Hope everything's ok. Franchise, you jerk
laugh.gif
Word. I am a jerk.

My bad, man. I hope everything's ok.

[h2]The New Monta Ellis[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Thursday, October 14th, 2010 at 4:03 pm in Uncategorized.

MONTA ELLIS ARTICLE FROM TODAY’S PAPER.

By Marcus Thompson II

[email protected]

Perhaps no one is in a better position to evaluate Warriors guard Monta Ellis than teammate Andris Biedrins. He has seen Ellis at every stage of his career and seen him mature from a rookie who hardly spoke to the boisterous presence he is now.
Biedrins is amazed by the difference.
“He’s been changed,

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

30t6p3b.gif
at you fools who didn't show up.
im pissed. i had the window open with 1 hour to go and fell asleep. no excuses
30t6p3b.gif
my dad got into an accident so i couldnt be around a comp...
Hope everything's ok. Franchise, you jerk
laugh.gif
Word. I am a jerk.

My bad, man. I hope everything's ok.
laugh.gif
dont worry about it man, its all good

Why the hell did we draft during the Giants game? I was busy getting plastered at Yancy's watching the Giants haul @+%...

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

damnit. i realized the giants game and our draft is going to be a time conflict for me.
I'll most likely be at a bar or wherever the homies decide to watch it at...and doubt i'll make it back in time for the draft.

is it too late to change it?? Off line draft anyone?? 
laugh.gif

im kidding-- half kidding.  I'll take the L and pray yahoo hooks me up.
I think NTL realized first the draft and the game conflicted with each other.  

I'm going to say it right now so there's no confusion later - for me this isn't a money league anymore.

In other news....

Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com reports that Warriors backup power forward/center Louis Amundson needs surgery on his broken right index finger.

Amundson had just made his preseason debut on Saturday after recovering from a back ailment, but this news means that he won't be available for quite some time.

Originally Posted by What up

damnit. i realized the giants game and our draft is going to be a time conflict for me.
I'll most likely be at a bar or wherever the homies decide to watch it at...and doubt i'll make it back in time for the draft.

laugh.gif

I think NTL realized first the draft and the game conflicted with each other.  

I'm going to say it right now so there's no confusion later - for me this isn't a money league anymore.

Im going to say it now so there isnt confusion later - YOU BETTER PAY. 
Just because you decided that your life is more important than the rest of ours, doesnt mean you are exempt from paying your league fees.  The rest of us sacrificed part of our night.  Just because you were too selfish to do the same, doesnt mean you can get out of paying.

All that talk about pleasing everyone
laugh.gif

It becomes known that the draft time conflicts the game and a member of the league points this out.  There was talk about starting an off-line draft but the original draft time didn't change.

This was handled terribly.

P.S. Better pay?  Maybe we can meet up for the exchange.  IF I decide to pay, that is.

Like I said, when it comes to money, there's always a complaint.

I read NTL's reply, as well. I was having trouble with the draft and watching the game, as well. But I wasn't the only one who put Saturday as a time I could make the draft.

[table][tr][th=""]TEAM NAME
[/th][th=""]SAT
Oct 16
[/th][/tr][tr][td]Luong1209
[/td][td]Until 10PM
[/td][/tr][tr][td]What up
[/td][td]"[/td][/tr][tr][td]dont be a menace
[/td][td]-after 2pm
[/td][/tr][tr][td]NothingToL0se
[/td][td]-morning + after 7pm
[/td][/tr][tr][td]acidicality
[/td][/tr][tr][td]GSDOUBLEU
[/td][td]-after 7pm
[/td][/tr][tr][td]dland24
[/td][td]-after 7pm
[/td][/tr][tr][td]FRANCHISE 55
[/td][td]anytime
[/td][/tr][tr][td]offbad
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew630
[/td][td]Mornings/Nights
[/td][/tr][tr][td]daprescription
[/td][td]anytime[/td][/tr][tr][td]Paul Is On Tilt
[/td][td]Anytime
[/td][/tr][/table]

I just sucked it up and drafted while watching the game. Of course most of my attention was on the game and my team suffered.

Seriously, changing this back and forth from a live draft to an offline draft sucked. Trying to accommodate 12 different schedules. I've stated that a Live Draft would be option A and others agreed. A Live Draft was preferred. You wanted to change the draft time... to what? That was the day. Either you made it or you didn't.

If the intention all along was to accommodate 12 different schedules, then Saturday didn't work for everyone so it shouldn't have been an option. Some people's schedules change, especially when it was announced there would be a game on Saturday night. And not everyone wants to spend a Saturday night at home watching the game. If you had plans and decided to cancel because of this draft, I'm sorry for that. But if real life calls, I'm answering 10 times outta 10 especially if there was talk of an offline draft.  As a commish, you should have said an offline draft was not an option and the time was not being changed.  It's not even about the $10, but don't strongarm me into this because as I said, this was handled poorly.

Dland, call me selfish or inconsiderate all you want, your opinion means jack **$# to me.

Handled terribly? Are you kidding me? Heres the timeline of what happened and you tell me which part was handled poorly.

1) The league was made and we were told we would have an online draft if EVERYONE said they could make it. If not we were going to do an offline draft.
2) We all started filling in our availability in the grid.
3) Didnt look like there was going to be a time were everyone could make it, so we were going to go offline.
4) Offbad tried to accommodate the league, and said he could become available on Saturday night if it would help.
5) Acid, NTL and I agreed to become available as well.
6) Now that everyone posted that they were available on Saturday night at 7:00pm, we move forward with an online draft.
7) NTL mentioned that he forgot about the Giants game. Jokingly asked to the time to change (which no one responded to). Then said he hoped Yahoo hooked him up.
8.) The draft took place on Saturday night at 7:00pm.

Now explain to me which part of this was handled terribly?

Originally Posted by What up

If the intention all along was to accommodate 12 different schedules, then Saturday didn't work for everyone so it shouldn't have been an option. Some people's schedules change, especially when it was announced there would be a game on Saturday night. And not everyone wants to spend a Saturday night at home watching the game. If you had plans and decided to cancel because of this draft, I'm sorry for that. But if real life calls, I'm answering 10 times outta 10 especially if there was talk of an offline draft.  As a commish, you should have said an offline draft was not an option and the time was not being changed.  It's not even about the $10, but don't strongarm me into this because as I said, this was handled poorly.

Dland, call me selfish or inconsiderate all you want, your opinion means jack **$# to me.
I dont care what it means to you.  Im just making a point.  You can say peoples schedules change all you want, but NTL was the only one who said anything about not being available.  And if its not about the ten bucks, what is it about?

@$** outta here, "jokingly ask."

Dude said the draft and game conflict. He won't be there. Considering the commish wanted this time to work for everyone, as soon as NTL said that, Sat 7:00pm was no longer a valid time. Not to mention most in the league are Giants fans so might want to watch the game somewhere other than at home. The fact that "no one responded" was where it was handled terribly.

There were weekdays where only 1 or 2 people weren't available and those days were quickly dismissed. Saturday should have been one of those days as well because it didn't work for NTL and myself (anyone else?) That's what it's about.

laugh.gif

What exactly would you call this then?  Jokingly asked is EXACTLY what he did.  

And also, what exactly would you like to happen? Should we redraft? Would that work for you? Or are you just going to spitefully play this league out and not pay?

Back
Top Bottom