OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

I had to check the title to make sure I was at the right thread
laugh.gif

Great movies btw

muwahahahah, 2014 is coming into play rather nicely. 
laugh.gif

Man, I'll give 127 a try tonight, if it sucks, Ima make ya'll read another long @#$ post. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JPZ, I hear ya, I was skeptical, but check the preview, somehow it didn't look hokey at all. 

muwahahahah, 2014 is coming into play rather nicely. 
laugh.gif

Man, I'll give 127 a try tonight, if it sucks, Ima make ya'll read another long @#$ post. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JPZ, I hear ya, I was skeptical, but check the preview, somehow it didn't look hokey at all. 

Black Swan is not winning best picture, trust me on that I would be shocked if anything other than the Kings Speech won, it is a prototypical Oscar movie.

IMO best movies of the year go (I have not seen the kings speech yet)

True Grit
The Town
Inception
Social Network
Black Swan
The Fighter

The lock award winner IMO, Kings Speech for best picture, Bale is a stone cold lock for best supporting, Mellisa Leo is a lock for best supporting, Aaron Sorkin is a lock for best original screen play.

Black Swan is not winning best picture, trust me on that I would be shocked if anything other than the Kings Speech won, it is a prototypical Oscar movie.

IMO best movies of the year go (I have not seen the kings speech yet)

True Grit
The Town
Inception
Social Network
Black Swan
The Fighter

The lock award winner IMO, Kings Speech for best picture, Bale is a stone cold lock for best supporting, Mellisa Leo is a lock for best supporting, Aaron Sorkin is a lock for best original screen play.

Haven't seen 127 yet so I can't vouch for it CP...
laugh.gif
I've seen literally every movie I wanted to this year except that and Buried with Ryan Reynolds...

Who saw Tron? I really, really liked it. It's not a great movie, but the audio/visual experience in IMAX 3D really played it up... Just a movie I really enjoyed, despite it not being as strong a movie as many of the others this year.

Haven't seen 127 yet so I can't vouch for it CP...
laugh.gif
I've seen literally every movie I wanted to this year except that and Buried with Ryan Reynolds...

Who saw Tron? I really, really liked it. It's not a great movie, but the audio/visual experience in IMAX 3D really played it up... Just a movie I really enjoyed, despite it not being as strong a movie as many of the others this year.

Yeah I saw Buried, not bad.  Kinda/sorta done before, this is just longer basically.  Hour and a half, in, out, done.  Real fast, real simple.  You keep waiting to unlock the puzzle so to speak. 

Tron is one I have not seen yet.  Never saw the original, so wasn't sure if I needed to check the second.  I'll get around too it. 

What was the premise of Kings Speech?  Heard of it, know nothing of it though. 

Any of you ever watch the movie Chocolate?  Martial arts movie about a little girl.  The fight scenes in that movie are
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah I saw Buried, not bad.  Kinda/sorta done before, this is just longer basically.  Hour and a half, in, out, done.  Real fast, real simple.  You keep waiting to unlock the puzzle so to speak. 

Tron is one I have not seen yet.  Never saw the original, so wasn't sure if I needed to check the second.  I'll get around too it. 

What was the premise of Kings Speech?  Heard of it, know nothing of it though. 

Any of you ever watch the movie Chocolate?  Martial arts movie about a little girl.  The fight scenes in that movie are
eek.gif
pimp.gif

King's speech is basically about the newly crowned King George who comes to power after his father dies. The crux of the story revolves around his speech impediment, and because England is on the brink of WWII, he has to work towards fixing his speech and leading his country. Firth has to win the Oscar for his performance, absolutely masterful.

King's speech is basically about the newly crowned King George who comes to power after his father dies. The crux of the story revolves around his speech impediment, and because England is on the brink of WWII, he has to work towards fixing his speech and leading his country. Firth has to win the Oscar for his performance, absolutely masterful.

His brother actually takes the throne after his father passes away but steps down because he's too in love with his wife, thus making KG(Firth) have to take the throne. It's really well paced and gives insight on what a difference a speech impediment can make on someones life. Geoffrey Rush was also great as the 'therapist.' HBC aswell, ALL the actors did great in their roles, if it wins Best Picture I won't be mad. I just want Inception to win because that to me was the best movie of the year, it's probably not "Oscar worthy" to the Academy but whatever, eff them.

His brother actually takes the throne after his father passes away but steps down because he's too in love with his wife, thus making KG(Firth) have to take the throne. It's really well paced and gives insight on what a difference a speech impediment can make on someones life. Geoffrey Rush was also great as the 'therapist.' HBC aswell, ALL the actors did great in their roles, if it wins Best Picture I won't be mad. I just want Inception to win because that to me was the best movie of the year, it's probably not "Oscar worthy" to the Academy but whatever, eff them.

I see this thread is going this direction again.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 @ that Lakers/Cavs score.

laugh.gif
 @ Lebron's tweet. I'm surprised there wasn't a 10 page thread on it.

Looking forward to the Heat/Clippers game.

I see this thread is going this direction again.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 @ that Lakers/Cavs score.

laugh.gif

Looking forward to the Heat/Clippers game.

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

There was, you weren't looking hard enough. 
wink.gif

Kings Speech sounds worth a look, I'll keep an eye out for it. 

Machette was oscar worthy imo.  Anything QT or Robert Rod and I'm watchin it.  Nolan is earning that rep with me as well. 

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

There was, you weren't looking hard enough. 
wink.gif

Kings Speech sounds worth a look, I'll keep an eye out for it. 

Machette was oscar worthy imo.  Anything QT or Robert Rod and I'm watchin it.  Nolan is earning that rep with me as well. 

I must be the only one who thought The Fighter was just okay (aside from Bale, who was brilliant).

I must be the only one who thought The Fighter was just okay (aside from Bale, who was brilliant).

Back
Top Bottom