OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^I feel you one that. If Bale wasn't in it, I think that movie would have been VERY mediocre.

^I feel you one that. If Bale wasn't in it, I think that movie would have been VERY mediocre.

The Prestige is without a doubt one of my favorite movies, CP.
pimp.gif

The back and forth struggle between Angier and Borden... you get to see the tense rivalry between the too without it even being in real time. And then everything starts connecting with the present time. Awesome. By the way, the whole Bale twist at the end with his "helper"... I predicted it long before it was revealed to the viewers.... but in a different way. I thought Borden had actually learned Angier's very best trick before Angier even discovered it, and had done it to the point of perfection where he and the product of the trick could co-exist. (hopefully that makes sense, I'm trying not to spoil the movie
laugh.gif
). Turns out it was something simpler though.

Nolan is the freaking man. Anybody seen his 2002 film Insomnia? Stars Al Pacino as a detective and Robin Williams as a villain. Very, very odd role for Williams because a villain is not usually something he takes on but he plays it so freaking well. Dude brought a really creepy/chilling performance. Thought it was great.

The Prestige is without a doubt one of my favorite movies, CP.
pimp.gif

The back and forth struggle between Angier and Borden... you get to see the tense rivalry between the too without it even being in real time. And then everything starts connecting with the present time. Awesome. By the way, the whole Bale twist at the end with his "helper"... I predicted it long before it was revealed to the viewers.... but in a different way. I thought Borden had actually learned Angier's very best trick before Angier even discovered it, and had done it to the point of perfection where he and the product of the trick could co-exist. (hopefully that makes sense, I'm trying not to spoil the movie
laugh.gif
). Turns out it was something simpler though.

Nolan is the freaking man. Anybody seen his 2002 film Insomnia? Stars Al Pacino as a detective and Robin Williams as a villain. Very, very odd role for Williams because a villain is not usually something he takes on but he plays it so freaking well. Dude brought a really creepy/chilling performance. Thought it was great.

Al put me to sleep in that one, but I was
eek.gif
 with Robin Williams playing a bad dude. 

At that time, he was striking when the iron was hot.  Comin off Memento, Swank was getting loved from Boys Don't Cry, get Pacino to headline, with Robin as a bad dude, I remember the hype being big, but to me overall the movie was eh. 7/10 or so.  Memento though.  11/10
pimp.gif

Prestige confused the @#$% outta me.  I was like what the @#$% with the 50 hats out there? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
Friend of mine explained it, I was like ahhhhhhhh *lightbulb* 
laugh.gif

I wish Nolan had time to do something else before Dark Knight Returns, but I ain't mad.  Can't wait for that @#$% to hit. 

Al put me to sleep in that one, but I was
eek.gif
 with Robin Williams playing a bad dude. 

At that time, he was striking when the iron was hot.  Comin off Memento, Swank was getting loved from Boys Don't Cry, get Pacino to headline, with Robin as a bad dude, I remember the hype being big, but to me overall the movie was eh. 7/10 or so.  Memento though.  11/10
pimp.gif

Prestige confused the @#$% outta me.  I was like what the @#$% with the 50 hats out there? 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
Friend of mine explained it, I was like ahhhhhhhh *lightbulb* 
laugh.gif

I wish Nolan had time to do something else before Dark Knight Returns, but I ain't mad.  Can't wait for that @#$% to hit. 

i said the same thing JD. couple pages back

"the fighter was alright. remember the titans was better. raging bull was better. mighty ducks was better

christian bale made that movie. if he doesn't win an Oscar he was robbed. he stole every scene. to go from batman to a junkie like that is impressive"

shocked some people been calling it the best sports movie and what not. it's pretty average.

memento>inception didn't love the last third of the movie. visually the best thing all year though

i said the same thing JD. couple pages back

"the fighter was alright. remember the titans was better. raging bull was better. mighty ducks was better

christian bale made that movie. if he doesn't win an Oscar he was robbed. he stole every scene. to go from batman to a junkie like that is impressive"

shocked some people been calling it the best sports movie and what not. it's pretty average.

memento>inception didn't love the last third of the movie. visually the best thing all year though

I thought some of the boxing scenes looked pretty bad, especially in slow-mo.

Anyway, Shaq threw a hilarious no-look pass earlier while leading a "fast" break.
laugh.gif

I thought some of the boxing scenes looked pretty bad, especially in slow-mo.

Anyway, Shaq threw a hilarious no-look pass earlier while leading a "fast" break.
laugh.gif

If you havent seen it go rent a movie called Sugar about a latin amarican prospect making his way through the minors, it without question in my mind is the best sports movie I've ever seen.

If you havent seen it go rent a movie called Sugar about a latin amarican prospect making his way through the minors, it without question in my mind is the best sports movie I've ever seen.

it without question in my mind is the best sports movie I've ever seen.
Agreed.

Winter's Bone and Never Let Me Go were two more great movies of 2010.

Carey Mulligan is incredible. Her and Leo are slated to star in a Great Gatsby remake next year, too.

it without question in my mind is the best sports movie I've ever seen.
Agreed.

Winter's Bone and Never Let Me Go were two more great movies of 2010.

Carey Mulligan is incredible. Her and Leo are slated to star in a Great Gatsby remake next year, too.

Agreed on the boxing, Mark looked horrible throwin punches. 
ohwell.gif

Sugar.......KLJ used to talk about that if I remember correctly.  I'll keep an eye out, if I find it, I'll bring it up on the next movie day. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Agreed on the boxing, Mark looked horrible throwin punches. 
ohwell.gif

Sugar.......KLJ used to talk about that if I remember correctly.  I'll keep an eye out, if I find it, I'll bring it up on the next movie day. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Seen it. Very good movie, but I'm not sure I'd call it the best of all time. Maybe I need to watch it again to really compare it with the others.

Also, am I the only person who notices Rondo passing out of easy buckets for assists? I mean he's one of my favorite players in the league, even as a Knicks fan, but I swear he's passing out of wide open lay-ups trying to rack up assist numbers. Am I the only one that sees this as a bit ridiculous?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Seen it. Very good movie, but I'm not sure I'd call it the best of all time. Maybe I need to watch it again to really compare it with the others.

Also, am I the only person who notices Rondo passing out of easy buckets for assists? I mean he's one of my favorite players in the league, even as a Knicks fan, but I swear he's passing out of wide open lay-ups trying to rack up assist numbers. Am I the only one that sees this as a bit ridiculous?

Oh definitely, but Rondo's had a habit of passing up (no pun) easy layups in the past too. I think it's just more visible now thanks to it being so blatant.

Back
Top Bottom