OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

As a Knicks fan, I'm fine with this deal.
Nuggets want Knicks' Gallinari, Felton and Curry

By Mark J. Miller

Carmelo AnthonyThe Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks are still talking about a possible Carmelo Anthony(notes) trade, but the folks in Denver want a whole lot in return from the Knicks to get a deal done.

The New York Daily News reports that the Nuggets want Danilo Gallinari(notes), Raymond Felton(notes) and Eddy Curry(notes) as well as a first-round pick. In return, the Knicks would get Anthony and point guard Chauncey Billups(notes), the Daily News notes.

It is believed that Knicks team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni feel the team would be giving up too much, according to the Daily News, adding that Garden chairman James Dolan has had direct involvement in the negotiations and may ultimately overrule his basketball staff.

The paper notes that the Nuggets are focused on trading Anthony to the Knicks or the Chicago Bulls while the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks remain "outside possibilities" and the New Jersey Nets are a "wild card," according to the Daily News.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Was there any talk about what Memphis would want if they do decide to give up Mayo?
The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs.
Y!

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Was there any talk about what Memphis would want if they do decide to give up Mayo?
The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs.
Y!

If they feed him, Wade could do something tonight. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I'll take him on the Kings tho.
Pass, it would be basically the same situation as Memphis for OJ. There is no way he would fit in
laugh.gif

Having said that........... JT for OJ+Thabust
nerd.gif

OJ wouldn't be sitting on the bench if he was on the Kings. If Beno struggles on defense, Mayo has to come in asap.

You know the Grizz wants Garcia tho. Now he doesn't have to off himself to make you happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I'll take him on the Kings tho.
Pass, it would be basically the same situation as Memphis for OJ. There is no way he would fit in
laugh.gif

Having said that........... JT for OJ+Thabust
nerd.gif

OJ wouldn't be sitting on the bench if he was on the Kings. If Beno struggles on defense, Mayo has to come in asap.

You know the Grizz wants Garcia tho. Now he doesn't have to off himself to make you happy.
laugh.gif

Wait a second, didn't Hollinger do a nice piece on the Bulls a few weeks back, then they got murked? 

And he brought up a nice piece on Indy today? 
nerd.gif

And I know there were some others, but I forgot who.  I know I seen him mention jinxing a few teams this year. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wait a second, didn't Hollinger do a nice piece on the Bulls a few weeks back, then they got murked? 

And he brought up a nice piece on Indy today? 
nerd.gif

And I know there were some others, but I forgot who.  I know I seen him mention jinxing a few teams this year. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]A fun time waster...[/h1][h1]NBA’s Greatest Shots – Court Location & Video[/h1]http://hoopism.com/?p=1083

– February 14, 2011

Our Valentines day gift for hoops fans, the visualization below is an Interactive video collection of the most important and amazing shots in NBA history, mapped by location and year. We asked the authors of some of our favorite basketball blogs to submit their favorites and then rounded out the list to get to 65 total shots.

The court is divided by camera view. Shots that are scored on the left side of the video frame are on the left side of the court diagram (blue circles). Shots scored on the right side of the video frame are on the right side of the court diagram (white circles). So if you see a white circle on the left side of the court, that shot was taken beyond half court. Just click the circle to call up the video of the shot.

We actually got the inspiration for this visualization from a poster on the wall in a local bar. The poster maps the most important plays in Celtics history on a single illustration of the court. We were excited about mapping the greatest shots for the entire history of the NBA, but adding the video really made the project compelling for us.

We were pretty happy with the variety of shots both in terms of location distribution, and in terms of what makes them great. The shots range from game winning buzzer beaters, to devastating dunks, and half court shots. A couple of our favorites: Jeff Malone’s 1984 running out of bounds 3 point shot, Shaq tearing down the back board and hitting himself in the head with the shot clock, and Kevin Johnson’s 1994 dunk on Olajuwon.

We were psyched that some of the bloggers we read were willing to submit shot suggestions. They came up with a lot of shots we would not have thought of. You can find their suggestions in the “contributor

[h1]A fun time waster...[/h1][h1]NBA’s Greatest Shots – Court Location & Video[/h1]http://hoopism.com/?p=1083

– February 14, 2011

Our Valentines day gift for hoops fans, the visualization below is an Interactive video collection of the most important and amazing shots in NBA history, mapped by location and year. We asked the authors of some of our favorite basketball blogs to submit their favorites and then rounded out the list to get to 65 total shots.

The court is divided by camera view. Shots that are scored on the left side of the video frame are on the left side of the court diagram (blue circles). Shots scored on the right side of the video frame are on the right side of the court diagram (white circles). So if you see a white circle on the left side of the court, that shot was taken beyond half court. Just click the circle to call up the video of the shot.

We actually got the inspiration for this visualization from a poster on the wall in a local bar. The poster maps the most important plays in Celtics history on a single illustration of the court. We were excited about mapping the greatest shots for the entire history of the NBA, but adding the video really made the project compelling for us.

We were pretty happy with the variety of shots both in terms of location distribution, and in terms of what makes them great. The shots range from game winning buzzer beaters, to devastating dunks, and half court shots. A couple of our favorites: Jeff Malone’s 1984 running out of bounds 3 point shot, Shaq tearing down the back board and hitting himself in the head with the shot clock, and Kevin Johnson’s 1994 dunk on Olajuwon.

We were psyched that some of the bloggers we read were willing to submit shot suggestions. They came up with a lot of shots we would not have thought of. You can find their suggestions in the “contributor

That 1st quarter was fun to watch.
sick.gif

It's the Pacers though.

(Not trying to take anything away).

That 1st quarter was fun to watch.
sick.gif

It's the Pacers though.

(Not trying to take anything away).

Back
Top Bottom