OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

^
There's been talk of Roy coming off the bench (more then just starting the second half) but nobody is sure how he would react to that.  (My guess is, not well)  But as an organization, it's not so easy to just bring an 82 million dollar man off the bench like that.  Very dicey. 

Roy was 3 for 16 last night, why was he calling anybody out? 
ohwell.gif
  And he keeps talking like when his career first started, but yet, he can't play like he used too anymore, so why would everyone have to alter their games for him?  He's the one who should be adjusting to his limitations, not the other way around. 

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^Cousins is having an okay season now that he is starting. Monroe when given PT has played well as well. Favors started well, but has cooled down with Humphries getting most of the minutes now. Not sure why Cousins is ranked 10th when only three rookies are clearly having better seasons so far.

Why is Roy complaining again though? I understand he is injured, but I don't understand why he would diss Miller like that. Miller has been playing better than him this season so maybe he should be the one on the bench and not Batum. Drafting him in fantasy bball FTL.
I dunno, I guess I was expecting too much too soon from the bigs in the rookie class. From what I've seen out of all three, I honestly don't like much.

It seems like Roy/Miller feud will be the nail in the coffin. Things were already murky when Miller first came over last year and there was question as to how exactly they would fit together. They don't.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^Cousins is having an okay season now that he is starting. Monroe when given PT has played well as well. Favors started well, but has cooled down with Humphries getting most of the minutes now. Not sure why Cousins is ranked 10th when only three rookies are clearly having better seasons so far.

Why is Roy complaining again though? I understand he is injured, but I don't understand why he would diss Miller like that. Miller has been playing better than him this season so maybe he should be the one on the bench and not Batum. Drafting him in fantasy bball FTL.
I dunno, I guess I was expecting too much too soon from the bigs in the rookie class. From what I've seen out of all three, I honestly don't like much.

It seems like Roy/Miller feud will be the nail in the coffin. Things were already murky when Miller first came over last year and there was question as to how exactly they would fit together. They don't.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Def agree Pro, I know Rondo does things better then Rose in some areas, and Rose in others.  But I admit, I
laugh.gif
 when you give credit to Rondo for getting to the stripe?  What for?  So he can make Shaq and D12 look like Mark Price out there at the line? 
roll.gif

wink.gif

And nowadays, it's FOUR hall of famers that Rondo feeds.  And all of them are perfect compliments for him.  Ray and his shooting coming off screens, KG pick and pops or pick and rolls if they go the Philly route, Piece and his cuts or spot ups, and then dump in's to Shaq down low.  Be pretty damn fun to be a PG out there don'tcha think? 

Bottom line, PG's are blowing up in the league, it's insane, and a kid like D-Rose who has improved each of his 3 years (minus the stretch where he was injured and everyone thought he was a bum all of a sudden, hello Tyreke) is being bad mouthed because he doesn't earn free throws is completely beyond me.  I get stats are useful for some things, but to use lack of free throws against a guy is ridiculous to me.  But I know, stats take out biases, ya know, like the bias I have towards the Bulls. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I still say that it is not Rose's fault that he doesn't get to the line. 
He gets bumped, grabbed, hit, and damn nears falls on every lay-up attempt, he's just so strong that he finishes the play. 

He doesn't flop & exaggerate, he just finishes ... which to the refs, can look like the touch didn't affect the shot. 

If Rose didn't fall flat on his stomach/wrist yesterday, they wouldn't have called that. Trust me.
laugh.gif

I don't see how people can criticize him for this, he drives 70% of the time!!

Def agree Pro, I know Rondo does things better then Rose in some areas, and Rose in others.  But I admit, I
laugh.gif
 when you give credit to Rondo for getting to the stripe?  What for?  So he can make Shaq and D12 look like Mark Price out there at the line? 
roll.gif

wink.gif

And nowadays, it's FOUR hall of famers that Rondo feeds.  And all of them are perfect compliments for him.  Ray and his shooting coming off screens, KG pick and pops or pick and rolls if they go the Philly route, Piece and his cuts or spot ups, and then dump in's to Shaq down low.  Be pretty damn fun to be a PG out there don'tcha think? 

Bottom line, PG's are blowing up in the league, it's insane, and a kid like D-Rose who has improved each of his 3 years (minus the stretch where he was injured and everyone thought he was a bum all of a sudden, hello Tyreke) is being bad mouthed because he doesn't earn free throws is completely beyond me.  I get stats are useful for some things, but to use lack of free throws against a guy is ridiculous to me.  But I know, stats take out biases, ya know, like the bias I have towards the Bulls. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I still say that it is not Rose's fault that he doesn't get to the line. 
He gets bumped, grabbed, hit, and damn nears falls on every lay-up attempt, he's just so strong that he finishes the play. 

He doesn't flop & exaggerate, he just finishes ... which to the refs, can look like the touch didn't affect the shot. 

If Rose didn't fall flat on his stomach/wrist yesterday, they wouldn't have called that. Trust me.
laugh.gif

I don't see how people can criticize him for this, he drives 70% of the time!!

B Roy needs to sit his @## down somewhere. I fault Kobe for making that comment on who is better, Roy or Durant? lol

B Roy needs to sit his @## down somewhere. I fault Kobe for making that comment on who is better, Roy or Durant? lol

what did Roy say exactly?

and he should be the last one talking w/ them weak +$% knees..
edit: nvm i see it
30t6p3b.gif

he really did throw him under the bus
30t6p3b.gif

what did Roy say exactly?

and he should be the last one talking w/ them weak +$% knees..
edit: nvm i see it
30t6p3b.gif

he really did throw him under the bus
30t6p3b.gif

Wait, what am I missing?  What is wrong with Wall's knee where it will never be the same again?  Huh?  Flip just exaggerating I hope. 
ohwell.gif

Wait, what am I missing?  What is wrong with Wall's knee where it will never be the same again?  Huh?  Flip just exaggerating I hope. 
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
Tendinitis.

That quote is rather vague--was he referring to the rest of the season or his career?

ohwell.gif
Tendinitis.

That quote is rather vague--was he referring to the rest of the season or his career?

You know what...you're right. This is Flip Saunders saying this. Not a !#+%%@! doctor.

The fact that he's missed 8 games early in his first season IS alarming...but the injuries themselves aren't really anything to be concerned about long term. He hasn't sustained anything that suggests it could be long term.

I'm overreacting. +$+! You Flip.

You know what...you're right. This is Flip Saunders saying this. Not a !#+%%@! doctor.

The fact that he's missed 8 games early in his first season IS alarming...but the injuries themselves aren't really anything to be concerned about long term. He hasn't sustained anything that suggests it could be long term.

I'm overreacting. +$+! You Flip.

Yeah man, how a 20 year old kid gon have tendinitis for life? 
laugh.gif

He musta been talkin this year or something, I can't believe he would be that bad this early.  There's woulda had to have been a warning sign in the MRI's pre draft right?  Nobody folded his knee or nothin this season, I don't see how it could be for life. 
ohwell.gif

Yeah man, how a 20 year old kid gon have tendinitis for life? 
laugh.gif

He musta been talkin this year or something, I can't believe he would be that bad this early.  There's woulda had to have been a warning sign in the MRI's pre draft right?  Nobody folded his knee or nothin this season, I don't see how it could be for life. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom