[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

So they are officially going with Blanton in game 4. I havent really seen that guy pitch whats his stuff looking like?

No idea, but I doubt it. Last time they only did it for 1 game.

If you're gonna go, let me know. Maybe we can start an NT summit

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

So they are officially going with Blanton in game 4. I havent really seen that guy pitch whats his stuff looking like?

he pitched w/ oakland. yanks seen him before and if i remember right they hit him pretty good.

^Everyone hits him pretty good
laugh.gif

I hope the umps remember to bring their glasses the rest of the series.
tired.gif

If Howard knew he caught that ball, why wouldn't he go step on first base, he wouldn't even need to risk a bad throw. The ump needs to think when theyare lookin at stuff.

Rivera is so friggin money it's not even funny. I love watchin that guy pitch in clutch moments. He looks like it's game 30 of the regular seasonwith a 10 run lead.
pimp.gif

Blanton is solid in the playoffs, Cole will pitch just fine tomm (esp at home).

Its going to be a whole different kind of crowd at Philly, they will stand most of the game.

So Manuel came out and said Blanton is pitching game 4 and Lee is pitching 5. Yankees have to win 2 in Philly.

Anyway I was with friends last night watching the game and drinking so no NT for me. But AJ pitched great, thats what we gave him his $ for. He did what heneeded to do. Tex and Matsui with the HR's..niceee

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Blanton is solid in the playoffs, Cole will pitch just fine tomm (esp at home).

Its going to be a whole different kind of crowd at Philly, they will stand most of the game.

and the fact that the DH is gone
i have a feeling pedro gets another gm in new york
pimp.gif

So Phillie fans are ok with Blanton pitching game 4. From what Im hearing that guy doesnt have it.
yes. he has been one of the phils best pitchers this season.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

So Phillie fans are ok with Blanton pitching game 4. From what Im hearing that guy doesnt have it.
Mark Teixeira is 9 for 27 with three homers off Blanton, and Alex Rodriguez is 4 for 7 with two homers.

numbers against blanton

The right-hander is 0-3 with an 8.18 ERA in four career starts against the Yankees. He has allowed 22 hits, including five homers, and 12 walks in 22 innings.

the good thing is with Cliff Lee going in game 5, we wouldn't have to see him in either a game 6 or 7 at the stadium. In case it has to go that far,i'd be more confident in those final 2 games

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Mark Teixeira is 9 for 27 with three homers off Blanton, and Alex Rodriguez is 4 for 7 with two homers.

numbers against blanton

The right-hander is 0-3 with an 8.18 ERA in four career starts against the Yankees. He has allowed 22 hits, including five homers, and 12 walks in 22 innings.

Rays also had a history of bombing Blanton. how that work out?

It would be the first time in Lee's history that he would pitch short rest and we already saw what a tired Lee looked like
smh.gif

heres to hoping cliff lee breaks his finger so we don't have to hear mcCarver fap about his spike curve.........

what's with all of you saying every game is a must win? you guys are beating the expression to death. It's such a dumb statement to begin with. YouMUST win 4 games. that's it

Back
Top Bottom