Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Bills suck man.. pats will get what they deserve next week.. believe dat lol

I hope so, Bills gave that game away. Jets better be ready to hit these cheaters in the mouth, and the crowd must LOUD!!

GO JETS!

Originally Posted by rillo561

I hope so, Bills gave that game away. Jets better be ready to hit these cheaters in the mouth, and the crowd must LOUD!!

GO JETS!
you know if anything, i'd think you guys would want us to blow out the bills. you DO NOT want to face a belichick coached team after theyshoot blanks the week before. but i mean, you never know. all im saying is that don't expect us to play like that two weeks in a row.

that said, sanchez and co. are probably foaming at the mouth after watching our defense

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

KingFoamNYC wrote:

GO JETS!
you know if anything, i'd think you guys would want us to blow out the bills. you DO NOT want to face a belichick coached team after they shoot blanks the week before. but i mean, you never know. all im saying is that don't expect us to play like that two weeks in a row.

that said, sanchez and co. are probably foaming at the mouth after watching our defense

thats exactly how i felt, i wanted the pats to win. no one wants to face the belicheats after a loss, especially a tough one.

this is gonna be a straight smashmouth old school football game
pimp.gif

i can't wait till sunday, it's my lil sisters bday, sucks for her i ain't showing up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

GO JETS!
you know if anything, i'd think you guys would want us to blow out the bills. you DO NOT want to face a belichick coached team after they shoot blanks the week before. but i mean, you never know. all im saying is that don't expect us to play like that two weeks in a row.

I think the O-line and running backs are foaming, I really don't expect Sanchez to make too many throws, NE corners/safeties are better than Houston'sand I don't expect them to drop INT's like Houston did. Mayo might miss the game and that's HUGE, however I don't put anything passBellicheat, NE will come to play. Jets better be ready.

story from todays daily news :

Jets believe they are much better with Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick: Three Super Bowl rings apiece.

Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan: One win apiece.

The Jets' chances of upsetting the Patriots Sunday at the Meadowlands: Better than you might think, according to Ryan.

While acknowledging the obvious, that he and Sanchez can't compete against Belichick and Brady in a resume contest, Ryan cleverly set the emotional toneMonday for what promises to be a sizzling week of Jets-Patriots hype - a lot of (no) kiss-and-tell.

Ryan won't kiss Belichick's rings, and he'll tell you why.

"They're better than us in two spots that I know for sure, and that's at head coach and quarterback," he said. "But we'll find outwho has the better team right now.

"It's not about me against Belichick," he continued. "That would be one-sided, but I think I'll compete. I know I'll compete.He's going to get everything I've got. I think New England will get everything Sanchez has, too."

The Jets are a confident bunch, and with good reason. After Sunday's 24-7 rout of the Texans, fueled by Sanchez and a dominating defense, they feel readyfor a cage match with their longtime nemesis. They believe the Patriots, who opened the season last night against the Bills, are in for an eye-openingexperience when they turn on the Jets-Texans film this morning to begin preparation for the AFC East showdown.

"Like Rex always says, 'When an opposing team puts on our film, they need to fear us,'" cornerback Darrelle Revis said.

What the Patriots will see is a rookie who passed for 272 yards and a touchdown, a composed quarterback who made third-and-long situations seem like layups.Inexperienced quarterbacks are supposed make dumb mistakes on obvious passing downs, but there were no sacks, no interceptions (he was picked off on asecond-down pass) and, basically, no third-down disasters.

Consider: Not counting the kneel-down at the end of the game, Sanchez went 9-for-10 when it was third-and-7 or longer, with one harmless incompletion. As Ryansaid, "That's almost unheard of." He dazzled teammates and coaches with his pocket presence, avoiding pressure with his quick feet and deliveringpasses at various arm angles.

"I expected him to be good, but wow," Ryan said. "Just the way he was able to slide, step up, back, just the different things. Brady is the bestin the league at it, and Peyton Manning. Steve McNair was great at that. You can't be looking at the pass rush and play quarterback in this league. Heclearly has that kind of poise and that awareness that it takes to be a successful quarterback."

Thing is, the Jets will be playing with fire if they fall into too many third-and-long situations against the Patriots. The Texans weren't good enough orsmart enough to make Sanchez pay, but Belichick's defenses are famously difficult on rookie quarterbacks.

Under Belichick, the Patriots are 5-1 against rookie signal-callers, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Their combined passer rating is an atrocious 55.9.Belichick's defenses beat up on Chris Weinke, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Luke McCown and Vince Young, falling only to Ben Roethlisberger. And thePatriots avenged the loss to Roethlisberger that same season, intercepting him three times in a rout of the Steelers in the 2004 AFC Championship Game.

Nevertheless, Ryan likes his chances with Sanchez. So do his teammates.

"He has the coolness of a veteran," guard Brandon Moore said.

Ryan heard people referring to his quarterback as "Sanchize," as in franchise quarterback. The coach laughed.

"Who am I to argue that?" he asked.

rex ryan has officially become my dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

"It was Rex-rated."

roll.gif

ill give it to u, i never was a fan of anything Jets-related but this sanchez character is a likable guy......next week the Student meets the Principle
pimp.gif

the whole attitude of this team has me smiling all day. finally we seem to be going in the right direction. i know it's gonna take alot of work but i think rex just might be the guy to get us that ring
pimp.gif

and say what u want but i think we're gonna beat the pats this week. home opener, fans gonna be goin nuts
pimp.gif

i swear i'm giddy right now
laugh.gif
this man, knows whats up. lol

im sitting here...getting over last night's win and starting to think about next week. this game should be solid. jets opening up at home, fans are goingto be going nuts, big hostile environment for us. patriots coming off an ugly win, looking to show that we are a legitimate team. gonna be good. i can'twait.

story from todays daily news :

Jets believe they are much better with Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick: Three Super Bowl rings apiece.

Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan: One win apiece.

The Jets' chances of upsetting the Patriots Sunday at the Meadowlands: Better than you might think, according to Ryan.

While acknowledging the obvious, that he and Sanchez can't compete against Belichick and Brady in a resume contest, Ryan cleverly set the emotional tone Monday for what promises to be a sizzling week of Jets-Patriots hype - a lot of (no) kiss-and-tell.

Ryan won't kiss Belichick's rings, and he'll tell you why.

"They're better than us in two spots that I know for sure, and that's at head coach and quarterback," he said. "But we'll find out who has the better team right now.

"It's not about me against Belichick," he continued. "That would be one-sided, but I think I'll compete. I know I'll compete. He's going to get everything I've got. I think New England will get everything Sanchez has, too."

The Jets are a confident bunch, and with good reason. After Sunday's 24-7 rout of the Texans, fueled by Sanchez and a dominating defense, they feel ready for a cage match with their longtime nemesis. They believe the Patriots, who opened the season last night against the Bills, are in for an eye-opening experience when they turn on the Jets-Texans film this morning to begin preparation for the AFC East showdown.

"Like Rex always says, 'When an opposing team puts on our film, they need to fear us,'" cornerback Darrelle Revis said.

What the Patriots will see is a rookie who passed for 272 yards and a touchdown, a composed quarterback who made third-and-long situations seem like layups. Inexperienced quarterbacks are supposed make dumb mistakes on obvious passing downs, but there were no sacks, no interceptions (he was picked off on a second-down pass) and, basically, no third-down disasters.

Consider: Not counting the kneel-down at the end of the game, Sanchez went 9-for-10 when it was third-and-7 or longer, with one harmless incompletion. As Ryan said, "That's almost unheard of." He dazzled teammates and coaches with his pocket presence, avoiding pressure with his quick feet and delivering passes at various arm angles.

"I expected him to be good, but wow," Ryan said. "Just the way he was able to slide, step up, back, just the different things. Brady is the best in the league at it, and Peyton Manning. Steve McNair was great at that. You can't be looking at the pass rush and play quarterback in this league. He clearly has that kind of poise and that awareness that it takes to be a successful quarterback."

Thing is, the Jets will be playing with fire if they fall into too many third-and-long situations against the Patriots. The Texans weren't good enough or smart enough to make Sanchez pay, but Belichick's defenses are famously difficult on rookie quarterbacks.

Under Belichick, the Patriots are 5-1 against rookie signal-callers, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Their combined passer rating is an atrocious 55.9. Belichick's defenses beat up on Chris Weinke, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Luke McCown and Vince Young, falling only to Ben Roethlisberger. And the Patriots avenged the loss to Roethlisberger that same season, intercepting him three times in a rout of the Steelers in the 2004 AFC Championship Game.

Nevertheless, Ryan likes his chances with Sanchez. So do his teammates.

"He has the coolness of a veteran," guard Brandon Moore said.

Ryan heard people referring to his quarterback as "Sanchize," as in franchise quarterback. The coach laughed.

"Who am I to argue that?" he asked.

rex ryan has officially become my dude
pimp.gif

Nice post, this has me hyped up for Sunday. It should be a great game, no injuries either.

Also to add to that Jersey discussion on the last page,

David Harris is another solid choice with Revis.

I try to stick to guys that we have had from the Start. (Drafted)

I have a replica Cotchery and a authentic Mangold. (Also a authentic Farve, damn hype)

Revis is a great choice over Jenkins. Great player, just is a guy that may not be around after next season.

I have a Authentic USC Sanchez that I got for 35 shipped on draft day before the prices hiked up ( It is real)

Don't know if I am wearing Mangold or the USC Dirty jersey sunday.

Rex is football's Ozzie Guillen...I love this dude.

Being a Knicks, Mets and Jets fan is usually a #!@#@* thing but I like this Jets team prolly better than any of my team's since the '06 mets. Theseguys seem to be such a cohesive unit, no softees who play @+@#% ball, were smash mouth finally. I can't +***+#@ wait till next week.

Jets always(until last year) repped NJ though. NY/NJ jets..
Giants were always NY.

DMX.....while the Pats have been our daddy for ages... it's the end of the Mangina Era.(thank god).... the rules have changed. Lets hope the Jets win asqueaker

another story from todays paper on Rex
pimp.gif

With Bill Belichick and Patriots coming to town, Rex Ryan out to ring in new era for Jets

Rex Ryan threw all his 340 pounds right into the middle of the long-running Border War between the Jets and Patriots when he declared in June he was not hereto kiss Bill Belichick's rings.

Now that Patriots week is here, and the Jets are feeling good about themselves, he's not about to pucker up. Neither are his players, who arelining up to have his back. Now they also have to fight for him on Sunday against the coach in the gray hoodie.

"You think he's going to retract that statement?" linebacker Bart Scott, who was with Ryan in Baltimore, said Minday. "We come here, we putall the work and all the hours in, why should we think we have to bow down and be inferior to anybody, despite how many rings they got, how many playoff winsthey have?"

It was only seven days before kickoff, but the Jets were already getting themselves worked up. In the old days with Eric Mangini, the players could barelyacknowledge who the next opponent was without the fear of getting fined. Ryan sets the tone with his trash-talking and encourages his players to say what'son their minds as long as they can back it up.

The Jets are very much looking forward to seeing Belichick and Tom Brady.

"I'm not here to say, 'Let me bow down, please don't beat us too bad,'" Scott said. "No ... let's go out here andlet's play and let's smack each other in the face and see who comes out on top."

Ryan is deflecting the pressure off his players and putting it on himself. He has changed the culture around the Jets already. They were so inhibited byMangini, they came off as robots. Ryan has quickly transformed the Jets into a loose team with attitude. Of course, it looks great after they beat up on theTexans, a finesse team, as Ryan told his players in a salty speech Saturday night.

But now Ryan and Mark Sanchez, the rookie phenoms who were the talk of the town yesterday, take a big step up in class. Belichick will find a way to preventthe blitz-happy Jets from swarming all over Brady. But his players like how the coach stood up for them with the kiss-the-rings stuff.

"I laughed," receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. "A lot of people want to say it. But some people just try to take the easy way out and don'treally want to say what they feel. He said what he feels, what he was feeling it at the moment. You got to love it. He's part of this team, he'sleading this team, so he's our head man, so whatever he says, we're going to be behind him."

Ryan did go out of his way yesterday not to be disrespectful to Belichick. He even reiterated what he said over the summer:

"They are better than us at two spots that I know of for sure, and that is at head coach and quarterback," Ryan said. "We'll find out whohas the better team right now. It's not about me against Belichick. That would be one-sided, but I think I will compete. I know I will compete. He'sgoing to get everything I got. I think New England will get everything Sanchez has, too."

Of course, Ryan is sending a message to his players with his self-deprecation, not that his assessment is wrong. He's providing them motivation to playeven harder to help the rookie quarterback and rookie coach overcome the Pats' Hall of Fame duo.

"We're coming, we're coming to play," cornerback Darrelle Revis said. "We're not going to back down. We don't care whois on the other side of the ball."

The last time Ryan faced Belichick still haunts him. It was Dec.3, 2007, and he felt personally responsible for allowing the Patriots' undefeated season tocontinue. The Ravens were having a miserable year and were trying to salvage some respect by ending the Patriots' run to perfection. They were 4-7 with afive-losing streak going into their Monday night home game against the Patriots, who were 11-0.

The Ravens had the Patriots down 24-20. New England had a fourth-and-inches at the Ravens' 30. Brady was stuffed on a quarterback sneak with just under twominutes left. But Ryan, on the sidelines as Baltimore's defensive coordinator, called timeout right before the play. The Pats were going to a no-huddle,which prevented Ryan from substituting for the Ravens' quick personnel he was using and replacing with the bulkier short-yardage group: one defensivetackle with the other 10 players either linebackers or defensive backs. So he called time.

The Patriots and Ravens players didn't see Ryan signaling for the timeout and they went through with the play. The Ravens thought they had the Patsstopped, but the officials ruled that Ryan's timeout had been granted. The Patriots then went on to score the winning touchdown.

"I'm still not over it," Ryan said yesterday. "Maybe this game can help me get over it. I'm just thankful the Giants beat them (in theSuper Bowl). And I like New England - not anymore, but I used to. If the Giants don't beat them, I go down in infamy, the guy that called thetimeout."

It's a much bigger game against the Patriots for Ryan now. He implored the Jets fans to make it "absolutely miserable" for teams to playthe Jets at their stadium. He will probably kiss their rings if they do.

yo seriously i gotta calm down, this feels like the superbowl to me
laugh.gif

football got too interesting too fast
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom