Official 2009 Niketalk Secret Santa - Pictures Coming Now, Pg. 11..

Sounds like fun but I don't want someone sending me something really inappropriate. Parents will probably open it before I do
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

maybe OP you should set a minimum join date and amount of posts
enh, it's possible... with all the second, third, and 10th names people have though.. i just don't know how that would work too well.

If I get tracking numbers for the packages, i can know who is following through or not with 2 weeks to go.. and i could always try to get a couple of peoplesigned up as backup SS's, in case of flaking out.

Hopefully this works out. The last secret Santa event I took part in was for a car message board. That thing was a mess, and we did the swap in person.

Originally Posted by wj4

Hopefully this works out. The last secret Santa event I took part in was for a car message board. That thing was a mess, and we did the swap in person.
care to share the problems so we can try to avoid them here?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by wj4

care to share the problems so we can try to avoid them here?
This was about 3-4 years ago and involved about 20-30 people (in the SoCal chapter of the board). We are all somewhat local and knew most of theparticipants relatively well, live within 50 miles ranging from L.A. to the O.C. We had meets at different cities, ie Monday would be Huntington Beach,Tuesday would be West L.A., etc.

The plan was to do a secret Santa and get cool and thoughtful gifts under $x. We had planned a giant get together where all the gifts will be swapped, butthat fell through. So those who couldn't make it to a certain meet would give the gift to a 3rd person who say they will be at that meet to give it to thereceiver.

Apparently people were giving out a lot of gift cards instead of thoughtful gifts, and those gift cards went missing. 3rd person 'gave' the gift tothe receiver, but receiver never got it. This thing pretty much tore a lot of people apart.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom