|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Flyers gotta resign Knubs today. They need him
ohwell.gif

smh.gif
if he wants 3>.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Rumor: Montreal interested in Scott Gomez

Why they would be interested in him & his contract is beyond me

That should make you happy
laugh.gif

As the first day of free agency approaches, this would be my plan if I was the GM of the Rangers:

• Break down the team and completely rebuild
  • Stay away from high priced free agents because it always turns into a disaster
  • Stay away from Dany Heatley
  • Trade away the big contracts and try to collect as many prospects and draft picks as possible
  • Bring up the kids and let them compete for jobs
The next thing might sound absolutely ridiculous but it is something you MUST do if you want to rebuild.
  • TRADE HENRIK LUNDQVIST
You can't rebuild with such a good goalie. The Rangers will never get a top 5 draft pick with him in net. It just won't happen. I would trade himfor the best package of picks/prospects you can get.

I'm tired of the mediocrity of this franchise. Its time to start rebuilding through the draft instead of rebuilding on July 1st.

Although this will never happen in NY, this is just the plan I would go with if I was GM.

^You guys just committed ROBBERY. Wow.........not only did you get Higgins but you got Ryan as well.....My lord.........

Gomez leaving is huge for you guys. You overpaid for him with him having one good year with the Devils. Good for the Rangers lol.

The Devils have resigned Oduya to a 3 year 10.5mil contract. This IMO is huge as with a coach who will allow defenseman to get involved I see Oduya becoming agreat piece for the Devils. He has the potential to be a 40-50 point dman which is great for them.

It really is pretty interesting that he almost scored 30 points with literally zero PP time for most of the season. Compared to other defensemen:

Even Strength/PP Points
Oduya - 23/5
Green - 34/38
Lidstrom - 25/33
Rafalski - 31/28
Boyle - 24/32
Streit - 25/29
Chara - 20/24
Wideman - 24/25
Phaneuf - 26/21
Pronger - 19/28
Martin - 14/18

^I've been told Dany Heatley will be going to the EDMONTON OILERS. We'll see how legit that info is soon enough. Dustin Penner is the big name going toOttawa as well as others who have not been named just yet. Ottawa does have to pay Heatley $4 million at midnight as a bonus (must be nice
laugh.gif
), so if they don't complete the deal before 12, Ottawa is going to getsomething to make up for the $$ spent.

It's believed the Los Angeles Kings will pitch an offer to Detroit Red Wings star forward Marian Hossa if he hits the unrestricted free agent market tomorrow at noon ET.

eek.gif
eek.gif

If Lightning GM Brian Lawton and co-owner Oren Koules had their way, the team would have traded captain Vincent Lecavalier to the Montreal Canadiens over the weekend.
According to several published reports, Tampa Bay co-owner Len Barrie vetoed a trade that would have sent Lecavalier to the Habs.

It's not known what type of package the Canadiens were pitching for Lecavalier, but sources suggest it did not include All-Star defenseman Andrei Markov.

Word around Montreal during the draft had the Habs and Lightning inching very closely to a deal, but obviously nothing happened. The Gazette reports a deal was in place and it fell through.

mad.gif
i wanted the habs to take briere.

Knubs wanting a multi year deal. SMH. We gotta resign Cobourn, Parent, and Pronger next year, so he's pretty much gone
tired.gif

we about to sign bouch
pimp.gif

Sources say Chris Neil turned down the Ottawa Senators' offer of $1.7-million per year and will likely go to free agency unless there are further developments tonight.

It is believed the Toronto Maple Leafs have pitched an offer to Mike Cammalleri

Just from what I've been told by buddies of Cammalleri, he's seriously thinking about signing here in Toronto. We'll see though, heneeds a star to play with him (Iginla) in order to put up good numbers.......

well %#&$
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i think it's gonna be near impossible signing a player like Malhotra orLaRose for cheap... similar players are demanding more $$

Originally Posted by cquan05

Just from what I've been told by buddies of Cammalleri, he's seriously thinking about signing here in Toronto. We'll see though, he needs a star to play with him (Iginla) in order to put up good numbers.......
Thank God because I definitely don't want the Rangers to overpay for him.

Back
Top Bottom