Official 2009 New York Jets Offseason Thread... Welcome to the Jets, Mark Sanchez!

bkmac

Banned
*Dam itz Lou, sorry for biting on your format, but I'm sure you don't mind.*

[color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]New York Jets Free Agents[/color]

[table][tr][td]Pos[/td] [td]Player Name[/td] [td]FA Status[/td] [td]Previous Team[/td] [td]Current Team[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Jesse Chatman[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FB[/td] [td]Tony Richardson[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Wallace Wright[/td] [td]RFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]Joe Kowalewski[/td] [td]RFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PK[/td] [td]Jay Feely[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PK[/td] [td]Mike Nugent[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td]C.J. Mosley[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Eric Barton[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Marques Murrell[/td] [td]RFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Cody Spencer[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]Abram Elam[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]Kerry Rhodes[/td] [td]UFA[/td] [td]New York Jets[/td] [td]Free Agent
[/td] [/tr][/table][color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]
Free Agents that should be re-signed:
[/color]
  • Tony Richardson (should have been utilized more, when called upon, he did his job) [color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]CHECK![/color]
  • Jay Feely (did well replacing Nugent, who can't hit a long FG)
  • Eric Barton (he had a good season)
  • Elam (only if he'll sign for cheap) [color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]CHECK![/color]
  • Kerry Rhodes*.
*With Rhodes, if I'm not mistaken, we re-signed him already, but I could be wrong.*

[color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]Biggest Needs:[/color]
  • A ++$*$@@ Quarterback! (If Favre is coming back, he needs to let us know early, and not mess with us and tell us 'before it's too late'.)
  • A speedster at Wide Receiver. (David Clowney FTW, but he has to be used this upcoming season). Cotchery, I feel will only be a #2, and Coles is getting up their in age. We may look to the draft or Free Agency for a WR.
  • Defensive End/Line Backer, and a Cornerback to play along Revis.
[color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]Potential Free Agent Signings:[/color] http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html
  • I hear Byron Leftwich is looking to start for a team next season. (If he comes cheap, I don't see the real harm in signing him, and having him compete with Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff in the Pre-Season, assuming Favre does not return).
Not sure who else at the moment, I'll look into it though and edit this post.

Ah, it should be an eventful offseason for the Jets after coming off a very disappointing season. I failed to update the Season Thread on a weekly basis, but Ihope to not have that happen with this thread. I will try and update as much as possible. However, fellow Jets fans, feel free to update the thread on yourown. You know who you are!

With that said, I know we had a rough ending, but we have to stick together. We wouldn't call ourselves Jets fans if he we didn't stick with the teamthrough the rough times (that seemingly always happen). [color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]J-E-T-S JETS! JETS!JETS![/color]

Byron Leftwich???
sick.gif
no thanks.

The Jets really need to fill up that QB, we're looking good in a lot of other areas. Defense needs to be polished a little, and it doesn't hurt to signa big name WR.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Byron Leftwich???
sick.gif
no thanks.

The Jets really need to fill up that QB, we're looking good in a lot of other areas. Defense needs to be polished a little, and it doesn't hurt to sign a big name WR.
I'm not a big fan of the idea either, but from what I've heard, he fared well this season when coming in for Roethlisberger. And itwouldn't hurt to bring in a 'vet' to compete with our young guys.

Braylon Edwards has requested a trade so we should go after him big time or trade up for Crabtree since there are no QBs I'm interested in drafting tillnext year (Colt Mccoy
pimp.gif
)

Hopefully Favre doesn't come back, and clear out $12 mil.
Also there are plenty of players that need to restructure their contract... off the top of my head, guys like Brandon Moore, David Barrett and so on.
This draft/off-season I want to see us go for a playmaking WR, Strong Safety to compliment Rhodes (who was invisible this year), beef up the front on Defenseand since I doubt Eric Barton will be coming back, someone to compliment David Harris on the MLB.

Hire Rex Ryan as our HC, someone with a great resume as a DC and a coach the players are willing to play for.

Also I think the list is incorrect (not updated) as Kerry Rhodes signed a huge contract last year... 5 years / $37.5 mil.

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Hopefully Favre doesn't come back, and clear out $12 mil.
Also there are plenty of players that need to restructure their contract... off the top of my head, guys like Brandon Moore, David Barrett and so on.
This draft/off-season I want to see us go for a playmaking WR, Strong Safety to compliment Rhodes (who was invisible this year), beef up the front on Defense and since I doubt Eric Barton will be coming back, someone to compliment David Harris on the MLB.

Hire Rex Ryan as our HC, someone with a great resume as a DC and a coach the players are willing to play for.

Also I think the list is incorrect (not updated) as Kerry Rhodes signed a huge contract last year... 5 years / $37.5 mil.
Brought up some good points, as far as contracts and the draft goes.

- Rex Ryan FTW
pimp.gif
And yes, Bob Sutton has to GO, he's such a
sick.gif
DC. Hell, I'll let Ryan be HC/DC all in one
grin.gif

- Thanks for clearing up the Rhodes situation. I knew he signed a big contract.

some news on Rex Ryan.

A source close to Ryan said he had been excited to be contacted by the Jets, which isn't surprising [beyond the obvious reason of him wanting to become ahead coach]. I remember meeting Ryan last summer - coincidentally at Eric Mangin's charity football camp - and him saying the Jets had always been aspecial franchise to him. Ryan's father, Buddy, as most of you know, joined Weeb Ewbank's defensive staff in 1968 and coached in that season'sSuper Bowl. [Super Bowl III - not that I have to remind you I'm sure - occurred 40 years ago today.

and..

The Jets have a new front-runner in their search for a head coach. Jets owner Woody Johnson and general manager Mike Tannenbaum met with Baltimore Ravensdefensive coordinator Rex Ryan for five hours Sunday in Baltimore and the two sides hit it off in a big way, according to a person with knowledge of themeeting. That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for Ryan or the Jets. Ryan, whose 3-4 defense has forcedeight turnovers in two postseason games and ranked second in the NFL this past season, also interviewed with the Rams Sunday. He's the eighth candidateinterviewed by the Jets. "Rex likes the owner," the person said. "He was impressed that the owner flew down to meet with him. The Jets were veryserious. I can tell you that Rex is leaning toward the Jets and the Jets are leaning toward Rex. "In fact, the Jets told Rex that they're prepared towait until after the Super Bowl to hire him if they have to."

Pretty big news IMO, as Rex Ryan was my number 1 choice to coach the Jets. Didn't want Spagnuolo as he prefers the 4-3 when we're already set up withthe 3-4. I think we have the tools to be a very dominant defense, and Rex Ryan has the chance to put his tweaks in.
Another positive if he comes is the next DC which would probably be current linebackers coach for the Ravens Mike Pettine. He stated that he would go whereverRex Ryan goes.

Looks like Rex Ryan will be our head coach...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3843174
[h2]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3843174[/h2]
The New York Jets will formally offer their head coaching job to Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who has told confidants he will accept the position, several sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

The Jets notified other candidates, including offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, of their plans to hire Ryan, the sources said. A formal announcement is expected Monday, with a news conference likely on Wednesday.
A Jets team spokesperson declined comment.

Ryan told ESPN's Rachel Nichols late Sunday that he could find out about the Jets' job as early as tonight. "We'll see. There were no pre-arrangements made or anything, though. I was completely focused on our team."

When asked if he would accept the Jets' job if offered, Ryan said: "Sure. Any coach who believes in himself wants the opportunity, and it's a great franchise."

It is.

I just look at the roster, and....

man...lot of decisions to be made.

The team made a run to win this year, I can't blame them, and I was happy they did...now we're stuck with the consequences.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Meh.

This team has a lot of problems. It's a mess.
I've to respectfully disagree with you. Did you watch any of the Jets' game before their disastrous collapse, especially the gamesagainst the pats (2nd meeting) and the Titans? The potential is there, but the coaches did an atrocious job (no halftime adjustments, etc.) down the stretch(of course Favre didn't help with those rookie INTs.)

Based on what's been happening, I'm not surprise that Ryan would be the captain of our ship and I couldn't be more happier!

Ravens 'D' coordinator Rex Ryan agrees to four-year deal with Jets
By RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, January 19th 2009, 10:36 AM

It's official: Rex is a Jet.

As expected, the Jets agreed to terms Monday on a four-year contract with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, according to a league source.

Ryan likely will land a deal in the $11 million to $12 million range, based on the contract former Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo signed Saturday with the Rams. Spagnuolo received $11.5 million over four years.

Ryan will be formally introduced Wednesday at a news conference. His agreement was in place late Sunday night, not long after the Ravens' loss to the Steelers in the AFC championship game.

Ryan will be the Jets' fourth head coach since 2000.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...vens_d_coordinator_rex_ryan_agrees_to_-5.htmlhttp://www.nydailynews.co...ex_ryan_agrees_to_-5.html

Rex Ryan FTW
pimp.gif

It looks like Brian Schottenheimer will stay though
ohwell.gif
[h2]REPORT: SCHOTTENHEIMER TO STAY WITH JETS[/h2]
Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2009, 9:39 a.m. EST

One of the first questions Rex Ryan would face once he's formally announced as the Jets head coach has reportedly been answered. Sportsnet New York is reporting that offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will stay with the team.

Late last week, reports surfaced that Schottenheimer wanted out of New York if he didn't get the head coaching job. The reality, however, was that he was contractually obligated to remain with the Jets until they told him his services were no longer needed.

The Jets finished ninth in the NFL in scoring in 2008 and 16th in total yards. They mustered just 20 points in the season's final two games, however, and the losses to Seattle and Miami erased any chance they had of playing playoff football.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/19/report-schottenheimer-to-stay-with-jets/http://www.profootballtal...heimer-to-stay-with-jets/

It's a start fellas... now let's hope Ryan gets rid of Sutton and then we can focus on the Free Agents and the Draft.

now all we need is ray lewis , not that far fetched that he leaves the ravens.

what do you guys think about goin after matt lienart . he might do better with a change of scenery. if favre does go , which i think he will, lienart might bea choice ......

Originally Posted by onewearz

now all we need is ray lewis , not that far fetched that he leaves the ravens.

what do you guys think about goin after matt lienart . he might do better with a change of scenery. if favre does go , which i think he will, lienart might be a choice ......
- Ray Lewis, I feel like he will be a Raven for life. Suggs or Bart Scott, on the other hand...
- Leinart, eh'. I have no idea what goes on with our QB situation. It'd be nice if Favre would let us know what he plans on doing already.

Meh.

This team has a lot of problems. It's a mess.
I have to disagree with you. We have the personnel to be a very good team, minus some problems in other areas (mainly QB). I feel with Rex Ryanguiding the ship, we can significantly be better on defense. Yes he may have better players on his side with the Ravens, but the Jets have pretty damn goodplayers on defense as well.
We just need some help on certain areas as I stated before (another ILB, SS and CB to compliment Revis), but that can be done via draft and free agency. Theonly thing I'm worried about is how our QB situation will be handled, and if it will continute to escalate and negatively impact our team heading intomini-camp.

With Shotty Jr. coming back as only a OC, I think that it's a good move. His offensive gameplan were near perfect, shown in games vs. the Titans, Pats andCards, but Favre's unability to complete passes in the last 5 games, alongside the weak gameplanning by Manigini really hurt us. I still think he's theright OC.

Now it's time to figure out what to do with old-man Favre, and have a gameplan for the draft and free agency coming up. I would want to see Bart Scott comein.
pimp.gif

If you don't have a QB, you don't have a team.

On top of that..

Spent money on aging guys Faneca and Jenkins. Thomas Jones is not getting any younger, either.

There is no #1 WR

Secondary has question marks outside of Revis and Rhodes

Gholston gave nothing.

On top of that..

Spent money on aging guys Faneca and Jenkins. Thomas Jones is not getting any younger, either.

There is no #1 WR

Gholston gave nothing.
I definetely agree with your post, especially with our QB situation.
But you can't say that a lot of our needs can be looked after via draft/ free agency.

http://allen3xis.u.yuku.com

On top of that..

There is no #1 WR

Gholston gave nothing.- allen3

I never knew that the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer as their qb.

Jenkins is only 29, so I think he can be productive for another 3 years.

Faneca is getting old, but the beauty is that he plays on the OL. Usually the OL players can still be a contributor even when they're old. In fact, some ofthem even play better as they age.

As for WR, and the secondary, that is why we've the draft and free agency. Honestly, the Jets have two good WRs, the problem is that we don't have aburner. Actually, we may have one in Clowney, but he wasn't use properly (heck, he didn't get any playing time when he came back from injury.)

Gholston, I know didn't show us anything in his rookie year. But which rookie wouldn't have problems adjusting from a DE to LB?

We broke the bank last year... now we gotta pick up the pieces.
ohwell.gif
smh.gif

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary09.html

For those that don't know, numbers in parentheses are NEGATIVE numbers.

[h1]New York Jets Salary Cap
[/h1]
Estimated NFL Salary Cap Limit: $123,000,000
Jets Adjusted Cap: $123,000,000

Current Estimated Cap Space: ($16,584,125)
[h1]Active Roster
[/h1] [table][tr][th=""]Name[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Base
Salary[/th] [th=""]Prorated
Bonus[/th] [th=""]Roster
Bonus[/th] [th=""]Other
Bonus[/th] [th=""]Cap
Value[/th] [th=""]Dead Money
if Cut[/th] [th=""]Cap Savings
if Cut[/th] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]Top 51[/td] [td]$76,085,000[/td] [td]$22,535,821[/td] [td]$34,670,000[/td] [td]$2,981,100[/td] [td]$136,271,921[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td]ALL[/td] [td]$76,395,000[/td] [td]$22,535,821[/td] [td]$34,670,000[/td] [td]$2,981,100[/td] [td]$136,581,921[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Favre, Brett[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]$13,000,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$13,000,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$13,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pace, Calvin[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$750,000[/td] [td]$1,833,333[/td] [td]$9,000,000[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$11,833,333[/td] [td]$18,666,667[/td] [td]($6,833,334)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rhodes, Kerry[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]$700,000[/td] [td]$666,666[/td] [td]$9,000,000[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$10,616,666[/td] [td]$18,333,694[/td] [td]($7,717,028)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Faneca, Alan[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]$7,000,000[/td] [td]$840,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$8,090,000[/td] [td]$15,360,000[/td] [td]($7,270,000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Revis, Darrelle[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$1,265,916[/td] [td]$5,700,000[/td] [td]$100,000[/td] [td]$7,525,916[/td] [td]$8,074,664[/td] [td]($548,748)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coles, Laveranues[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$6,000,000[/td] [td]$1,000,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,000,000[/td] [td]$7,000,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ellis, Shaun[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$4,650,000[/td] [td]$2,225,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$6,875,000[/td] [td]$2,225,000[/td] [td]$4,650,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Woody, Damien[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]$5,600,000[/td] [td]$510,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$400,000[/td] [td]$6,510,000[/td] [td]$6,940,000[/td] [td]($430,000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jenkins, Kris[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$750,000[/td] [td]$900,000[/td] [td]$4,000,000[/td] [td]$750,000[/td] [td]$6,400,000[/td] [td]$4,350,000[/td] [td]$2,050,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ferguson, D'Brickashaw[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]$2,922,500[/td] [td]$2,577,500[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$6,000,000[/td] [td]$7,732,500[/td] [td]($1,732,500)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Moore, Brandon[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]$620,000[/td] [td]$225,479[/td] [td]$5,000,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$5,845,479[/td] [td]$384,292[/td] [td]$5,461,187[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coleman, Kenyon[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$3,000,000[/td] [td]$1,250,588[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$150,000[/td] [td]$4,650,588[/td] [td]$3,751,765[/td] [td]$898,823[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Barrett, David[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]$3,710,000[/td] [td]$842,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$4,552,000[/td] [td]$842,000[/td] [td]$3,710,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thomas, Bryan[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$1,900,000[/td] [td]$1,600,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$3,750,000[/td] [td]$3,200,000[/td] [td]$550,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cotchery, Jerricho[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$1,780,000[/td] [td]$1,666,666[/td] [td]$225,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$3,671,666[/td] [td]$6,666,665[/td] [td]($2,994,998)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gholston, Vernon[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$2,900,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$2,900,000[/td] [td]$18,680,000[/td] [td]($15,780,000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bowens, David[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$2,000,000[/td] [td]$133,334[/td] [td]$500,000[/td] [td]$100,000[/td] [td]$2,733,334[/td] [td]$133,334[/td] [td]$2,600,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jones, Thomas[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$900,000[/td] [td]$1,500,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$100,000[/td] [td]$2,500,000[/td] [td]$3,000,000[/td] [td]($500,000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baker, Chris[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]$2,100,000[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$2,350,000[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$2,100,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mangold, Nick[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$882,500[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$195,500[/td] [td]$1,608,000[/td] [td]$1,765,000[/td] [td]($157,000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Keller, Dustin[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]$662,500[/td] [td]$660,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$1,329,780[/td] [td]$4,810,000[/td] [td]($3,480,220)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pouha, Sione[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$980,000[/td] [td]$250,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$20,000[/td] [td]$1,250,000[/td] [td]$750,000[/td] [td]$500,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Harris, David[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$350,000[/td] [td]$395,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$1,205,000[/td] [td]$700,000[/td] [td]$505,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dearth, James[/td] [td]LS[/td] [td]$845,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$100,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$945,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$945,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clemens, Kellen[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$402,500[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$932,500[/td] [td]$402,500[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kassell, Brad[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$745,000[/td] [td]$145,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$20,000[/td] [td]$910,000[/td] [td]$290,000[/td] [td]$620,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Smith, Eric[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$143,125[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$673,125[/td] [td]$143,125[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Smith, Brad[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$118,250[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$648,250[/td] [td]$118,250[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington, Leon[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$107,312[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$637,312[/td] [td]$107,312[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hunter, Wayne[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]$620,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$627,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$627,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Coleman, Drew[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [td]$23,250[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$553,250[/td] [td]$23,250[/td] [td]$530,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Herron, Noah[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$535,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$542,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$542,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lowery, Dwight[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]$385,000[/td] [td]$116,125[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$508,405[/td] [td]$348,375[/td] [td]$160,030[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stuckey, Chansi[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$8,693[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$475,973[/td] [td]$17,386[/td] [td]$458,587[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turner, Robert[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brown, Kareem[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Murrell, Marques[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trusnik, Jason[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$467,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DeVito, Mike[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$668[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$460,668[/td] [td]$668[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hodges, Reggie[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$460,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ainge, Eric[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]$385,000[/td] [td]$41,250[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$433,530[/td] [td]$123,750[/td] [td]$309,780[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ihedigbo, James[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]$385,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$392,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$392,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mason, Marcus[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$385,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$392,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$392,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Woodhead, Danny[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$385,000[/td] [td]$666[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$385,666[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [td]$384,332[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Caulcrick, Jehuu[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cummings, Kenwin[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniels, Stanley[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Henry, Marcus[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pitoitua, Ropati[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Renkart, Brandon[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Schaefering, Brian[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Whittaker, Huey[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$310,000[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$7,280[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [td]$0[/td] [td]$317,280[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h1]Dead Money 2009
[/h1][table][tr][th=""]Name[/th] [th=""]Position[/th] [th=""]Cap Charge[/th] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td][/td] [td]$3,312,204[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McMackin, Shawn[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Valentine, Justin[/td] [td]FB[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lyles, Nate[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pennington, Chad[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]$3,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Caulcrick, Jehuu[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Raymond, Paul[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pitoitua, Ropati[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mattison, Bryan[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Garner, Nate[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]$45,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bender, Jacob[/td] [td]T[/td] [td]$55,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pociask, Jason[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]$42,032[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cummings, Kenwin[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]$1,334[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Graham, Ben[/td] [td]P[/td] [td]$80,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Henry, Marcus[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]$79,500[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'd imagine Tannenbaum is gonna re-work a LOT of bonuses around so we actually have some room for a couple FA/Draft signings, but we won't be in themarket for the MARQUEE players this year unless they're signing for cheap.

Exactly..

we don't get to spend that kinda dough in back to back years.

I'm not mad they went after last year, not at all.

Jets fans, yall seriously like this move??

From One inexperienced head coach to another.
This just doesn't make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom