Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Dean Smith had a ton of talent too, and only two rings to show for it.
Difference being - he built UNC. Roy is just benefiting from what he handed over to him - you and I could recruit five star talent if we tookover UNC tomorrow, and that's a fact.

Those other guys you listed built their programs mostly from scratch also.

congrats unc

finally, no more hansbrough, slurpfest, and his goofy looking dad, lol

roy with the high five x3, all he missing was the salute
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Hansbrough looked like he was breaking people during the hugs of joy.
smh.gif

[N.E.R.D] Spaz If you want to! [N.E.R.D.]

Hansbrough may not be the most talented individual, but he worked hard and stayed all four years (even though, yea, he won't do much in the NBA). And hewasn't the only one that won it. Team effort.

I'm off to Franklin Street! Haters enter:

superblyTRIFE wrote:
WACK.

And Roy Williams still sucks. Get at me next year and let's talk about how good of a coach he is.

eyes.gif
chill that man just coach his team to a 2nd championship in 6years...
indifferent.gif

JuicyJ, blazin, Ant, JND

congrats. I've done my fair share of hating the past 3 years. (and hansbrough will forever be trash and Roy still lets talent win games)

but...yall kicked it up another notch. Seems like somethin clicked halfway through the LSU game and there was no lookin back.

Lawson was incredible all tournament.

Ed Davis really added another dimension to the team as the season went on.

Became the team in the tournament that everyone expected in October/November.

Still not an all time great team. But hey, a title is a title.

Congrats to UNC and their fans. Roy finally wins one with "his players". Despite his shortcomings as an X's & O's coach he is one of fewrespectable coaches in the game and deserves this one.

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Congrats Heels. I can't even hate. Best team in the Nation. By far. Uggggh, you don't know how hard that was totype. Lawson, SMMFH. I'ma need Ed Davis to declare. He's gonna do damage.

i mean if they didnt win it this year that would be so pathetic.... they were so stacked this year.... next year should be interesting cause i dont see a clearfavorite.. unless aldrich and collins come back...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by pdoggy85

Does Roy get some credit now that he's got another ring? I mean, everyone said, "He didn't deserve the first one, he was playing with Doherty's guys." Now he wins one with his own guys only 4 years later. What can ya'll say now?
that he did a good job, and deserve some credit.

But it's honestly not fair how much talent he has had his entire tenure, and still somewhat sad he's only got 2 rings to show for it. Gotta be one of the lowest talent to ring ratio's of all time. (see how i snuck some hate in there with my congratulations?... +#%+ roy)
But that's the thing about college basketball. It's not the NBA. You play with your own hand. You don't play with whatever the ownerbuys you (well, usually). You recruit these guys, so you can't really be knocked for having superior talent. You can say "Oh, but he's at UNC. Hecan get whoever he wants." But what about Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, etc? Roy has 2 in 4 years.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Man I'm glad my boys handled business in the tourney...Franklin Street is going to be off the hook for the next month and a half...and ifyou think Carolina is going to suck next year, you're just "ignant"

You know it was a slow game when over half of the posts are about Thabeet's girl. . .

Ty Lawson
Weezy F. Ellington
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Tyler Hansbrough
Bobby Frasor

congratulations
pimp.gif

Roy: "I'm the luckiest coach in America"

you're damn right.
grin.gif

Back