Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

How Slaton dropped to the 4th round baffles me.
I would never take a QB 1st, your receivers are bad but your RB's are alright.

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

1. (4) Tom Brady
2. (17) Reggie Wayne
3. (24) Marion Barber
4. (37) Steve Slaton
5. (44) Chad Ochocinco
6. (57) Ryan Grant
7. (64) Chris Cooley
8. (77) DeSean Jackson
9. (84) Larry Johnson
10. (97) Chris Chambers
11. (104) Joey Galloway
12. (117) Cedric Benson
13. (124) Devery Henderson
14. (137) Tampa Bay
15. (144) Neil Rackers

10 man League. what yall think
you're gonna pay for taking brady that high...only makes sense if TD passes are worth 6 instead of 4

Originally Posted by YuraS718

^ You had me until you said ESPN. We did an espn last year, and I would never go back to them.

JPZx what did you actually give up for A.P? And is this a money league, or just for fun with your friends?

Wondering how many of you are actually in money leagues? So far I'm in 2 $50 for the roster i posted up earlier, than I'm in a 10 man either $100/$150 per

In 1 league with NTers, 1 league with college friends that will probably end up with the winner getting free booze and what not, and 1 league with family andfamily friends that is $50/per team. Never done more than 1 league before.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

JPZx what did you actually give up for A.P? And is this a money league, or just for fun with your friends?
Portis, Grant, Hines and Santana. 4-for-1.....

People think that they get all those players and it's better than what the one player (Peterson in this instance) will get you through the season but thenagain you're wasting 3 more spots in order to get just a little more production than that one player Peterson would get you. I've been able to work afew trades like that in my league...

Money league w/ friends, winner gets $500.

Trying to trade for another top tier RB, preferably Matt Forte. Dude who has him is really lacking in WRs.

This is a keeper league, where we keep everyone.

QB: Warner, Hasselbeck, Stafford
RB: SJackson, Slaton, TJones, ABradshaw, RRice
WR: GJennings, RWilliams, TO, OchoCinco, DHester
TE: ODaniels
And then a couple IDPs.

Any chance I can trade for Forte and still keep Jennings, Jackson and Slaton?

DeadsetAce wrote:

need some advice...what's a reasonable RB to expect in return for TO?
IMO, I'd be aiming for S. Jackson, Chris Johnson, Slaton, Gore, or Portis... B. Jacobs if you're desperate.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Trying to trade for another top tier RB, preferably Matt Forte. Dude who has him is really lacking in WRs.

This is a keeper league, where we keep everyone.

QB: Warner, Hasselbeck, Stafford
RB: SJackson, Slaton, TJones, ABradshaw, RRice
WR: GJennings, RWilliams, TO, OchoCinco, DHester
TE: ODaniels
And then a couple IDPs.

Any chance I can trade for Forte and still keep Jennings, Jackson and Slaton?
Depending on how desperate dude is, you MIGHT be able to package TO/OchoCinto + Rice/Jones.

But if dude want's any two of your WR, don't (I say again DO NOT) doit. That's a pretty good roster you have.

I was thinking about offering Roy and TJones for Forte.

Too much, too little?

And don't worry, I'm not really trying to trade 2 of my WR's, although I think Forte just might be worth it, especially since its .5 point perreception

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

DeadsetAce wrote:

need some advice...what's a reasonable RB to expect in return for TO?
IMO, I'd be aiming for S. Jackson, Chris Johnson, Slaton, Gore, or Portis... B. Jacobs if you're desperate.

My opinion your way off. No1 in their right mind would trade any of those guys straight up for T.O. T.O is a 3rd rounder maybe even 4 in someleagues. There's so many better options than T.O at WR

IMO straight up trade for a RB your looking at Grant, K.Smith, Ronnie Brown, Thomas Jones.. maybe barber.

TO for a RB?

I don't think your getting any of the guys Fizzy said, and probably not K Smith or R Brown. Those guys got some decent upside this season. Barber andGrant are maybes, depending on the scoring in your league.

You're definitely looking at a middle tier RB for just TO, imo.

Realistically I would expect Addai, Parker, Benson, McFadden... guys that have equal upside

JPZ let me get in your league next year
laugh.gif

You musta been stuck in 2007 or the beginning of last season.

All good, happens to the best of us.

But if you feel like hollering at the owner of TO in your league, I'm SURE he'll work with you
laugh.gif

i did a mock auction, i swear i was playing with some clueless people
i got:

Rodgers
Forte
Grant
Boldin
Jennings
Megatron
Witten
Ravens

^ I like it outside of T. Jones. He ain't doing anywhere near that this year. You got CJ and Brady so you should be good.

People are sleeping on Greg Olsen and what he's about to do.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

I was thinking about offering Roy and TJones for Forte.

Too much, too little?

And don't worry, I'm not really trying to trade 2 of my WR's, although I think Forte just might be worth it, especially since its .5 point per reception
You have a good team, unfortunately I don't see how you can get forte w/o giving up one of your big three...i can see something like Jennings+ RRice for Forte working....

i wonder how many fantasy teams will use or change their name to "kiss the baby" this week....

Actually people are sleeping on him.....ADP is 82 which means he goes in the 8th Round in most leagues which is pretty late for top TEs.

Originally Posted by jose cansec0

People are sleeping on Greg Olsen and what he's about to do

trust me, no ones sleepin on olsen...hes EVERYONES pick to break out this year.

I was looking at him also, just didnt get to him, but I'm not upset over Cooley, I like him and feel like he'll have a better year thisyear. He had the 2nd most receptions for a TE, just didn't get those TDs

Anyone in here had an auction league draft yet? If you have, would it be possible to e-mail me results from it? If you can't do that, could you at leastpost how much some of the bigger names went for, and what the total budget was?

Back
Top Bottom