OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif
Ryan Garko stays in Walnut?
Go say hi.
smile.gif

Lakeview Terrace was filmed there, I'll tell Samuel Jackson to say wassup.

for the million *%**!@% time if a guy never bunts dont *%**!@% asking him to. martin looks so bad out there trying to

^He likes Matt Kemp.

(list of our favorite rivals......Me: Andre Ethier, Chris: Matt Kemp, Paul: Jason Schmidt
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

went to the game and after ishikawa hit that homer...the beat LA chants got louder and right when that happened thats when the dodgers made theirrun...matt
pimp.gif
...then me and a couple dodger fans in my section basicallywere the only ones going crazy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

What ever happened to the mini summit that was talked about earlier in the season?
bright nikes is going to be making tacos in the lot on the 18th this month. mini summit time.

[h1]Arroyo And Harang Clear Waivers[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 10 at 3:32pm CST]

Bronson Arroyo and Aaron Harang cleared waivers, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Both pitchers have large contracts through 2010 and club options for 2011 with $2MM buyouts. Arroyo makes $9.5MM this year and $11MM next year; Harang makes $11MM this year, and $12.5MM next year. The Reds would likely have to take on salary in any trades involving the starters, who can now be traded to any team.

Arroyo, 32, has allowed 159 hits in 144.2 innings and a career-high homer rate has led to 25 longballs. He's struck out 82 and walked 55, so it's no surprise that teams were unwilling to pick up his contract.

Harang, 31, has struck out 132 and walked just 38, but he's been about as hittable and homer-prone as Arroyo.

A change of scenery might help either of these guys. I prefer Harang.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

What ever happened to the mini summit that was talked about earlier in the season?
bright nikes is going to be making tacos in the lot on the 18th this month. mini summit time.
youuuu guys ain't ready.

I can get cheap field tickets (mon-thurs).

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

A change of scenery might help either of these guys. I prefer Harang.
Padilla or Harang?

[h1]Dodgers almost had dream 'pen, but balked[/h1]

[h2]by Ken Rosenthal[/h2]
Ken Rosenthal has been the senior baseball writer for FOXSports.com since Aug. 2005. He appears weekly on the FSN Baseball Report and MLB on FOX.

The Dodgers were close to acquiring Padres closer Heath Bell at the non-waiver deadline.
Real close.
The Dodgers offered a multi-player package that the Padres were willing to accept, then had misgivings and chose not to complete the deal, two major-league sources say.

Another source, however, puts the onus for the failed negotiations on the Padres, saying that the team changed the players it wanted from the Dodgers at the end.

The talks had a "lot of momentum," one of the sources says, and continued right up until the non-waiver deadline at 4 p.m. ET on July 31.

Regardless of what happened - or, to be more accurate, did not happen - the Dodgers could use the right-handed Bell.

One of the team's right-handed setup men, Ron Belisario, missed one month with a strained elbow before getting activated on Saturday.

Another, Ramon Troncoso, allowed six runs in a combined 2/3 of an inning in two appearances against the Braves over the weekend.

Now imagine if the Dodgers had acquired Bell.

The combination of Bell and newly acquired lefty George Sherrill would have given the Dodgers a powerful right-left setup tandem in front of closer Jonathan Broxton.

The increased bullpen depth also would have allowed manager Joe Torre to rely less on his starters, who rank 12th in the National League in innings per start.

The Dodgers, who announced Monday that right-hander Chad Billingsley will miss his next turn due to a strained left hamstring, are looking for another starter.

As for the Padres, their trade of right-hander Jake Peavy should make it much easier for them to retain Bell and first baseman Adrian Gonzalez in 2010 and beyond.

The team once again will be open to listening to offers for both this offseason. But the Peavy deal greatly reduced the financial pressure to make such a move.

great win last night

[h3]Groin strain may sideline Hudson[/h3]Dodgers second baseman injured in opener victory
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

08/11/09 2:43 AM ET

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Dodgers expect to be without All-Star second baseman Orlando Hudson on Tuesday night after he suffered a slight groin strain in an awkward slip in the bottom of the sixth inning of Monday night's 4-2 win over the Giants.

Hudson, who extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a double in the top of the sixth inning, was injured when Giants leadoff hitter Eugenio Velez's sharp ground ball bounced off first baseman Mark Loretta's glove.

Hudson was moving to back up Loretta when he tried to change direction for the carom and his feet went out from under him as he felt a twinge.

"I don't wear spikes," Hudson said. "I never do. Always wear rubber [cleats]. It's just one of those things."

Hudson remained in the game for two more innings. He started a double play on a grounder by the next batter, Freddy Sanchez, and threw out Pablo Sandoval for the third out of the sixth inning.

He was removed after striking out in the top of the eighth and replaced by Juan Castro, who stole a hit with a diving stop on Ryan Garko's sharp grounder to end the game.

Manager Joe Torre said he expected Hudson to miss at least Tuesday night's game.

Back
Top Bottom