OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by GZA73

Got two tix for game 1 NLDS field level. Hit me up!
laugh.gif
people already waving the white flag
roll.gif

Something to lighten the mood around here.

xpr688.jpg

laugh.gif

I'm gonna go to sleep telling myself that there's no way possible they could play like this in the playoffs.

its funny how the team won 84 games last year but went into the playoffs on a high note but this year they have a better record and are backpeddaling into theplayoffs.

the other nl teams not named the braves have been slumping too though but the dodgers need to step it up and look like their ready for the playoffs otherwiseeverything they worked hard for during the season is going to be over next weekend.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

its funny how the team won 84 games last year but went into the playoffs on a high note but this year they have a better record and are backpeddaling into the playoffs.

the other nl teams not named the braves have been slumping too though but the dodgers need to step it up and look like their ready for the playoffs otherwise everything they worked hard for during the season is going to be over next weekend.
There's all kind of stats that suggest how you play going into the playoffs doesn't really make a difference once you get there. Obviouslywe would rather be on a hot streak, but even if we were that wouldn't stop some light hitting first baseman from hitting a GS in game one and killing allof our momentum. I like our chances in the playoffs just as much as anybody else. The fact that the national media continually counts the Dodgers out can onlyhelp us IMO.

This slump against these horrible teams has come more or less because our OF stopped hitting. If they don't hit in the playoffs, nothing else is reallygoing to save us. I have all the faith in the world in those 3, and therefore I'm not really concerned.

true, the 2006 cardinals and tigers and a few other teams show that you can slump going in but i have my concerns if they end up getting the cardinals in thenlds. for whatever reason they tend to have a hard time against the cardinals, especially in st louis. hopefully im proven wrong though. although im not adodger fan, the city has been long overdue for the team to make a world series run.

Haven't posted a lineup in days so:

Furcal, SS

Hudson, 2B

Manny, LF

Kemp, CF

Loney, 1B

Loretta, 3B

Ethier, RF

Martin, C

Garland, P

I feel good about this game, let's see if Ethier can get it together (last I read he was like 3 for his last 21) or something.

Lets get it.

Come on Dodgers is it because you want to clinch while at home?
laugh.gif

Get it over with already.

Anyone else going on Friday or this weekend?

Let's start today on a good note
glasses.gif

They will win today, hopefully these dudes prove me right,
laugh.gif

The only team really winning right now is the Yankees,
grin.gif

The Cardinals clinched by being in a terrible, least competitive division in the NL.� You guys think Jonathan Broxton is bad, check out the stats for theCardinals All Star Closer in September, yikes
embarassed.gif

The Phillies will probably clinch tonight.

I think we will clinch tonight.

The Angels lost 4 straight before clinching on Monday.

The Red Sox had to wait in the clubhouse after losing to Toronto, they waited until the Angels beat the Rangers to celebrate
laugh.gif

The Twins and Tigers are still battling for the AL Central spot.

At this point, clinching at home doesn't sound like a bad idea
nerd.gif

I'm in line with the convo on PTI. It is what ballplayers do when they win a title, they celebrate by pouring beer and champagne. Alcoholic beverages,yes, Adenhart was killed by a drunk driver, not alcohol.

Driving drunk is different than drinking socially and safely.

I didn't find anything wrong with the celebration. Adenhart was not killed by alcohol, he was killed by a person (you can argue, two people since thegirl was drunk as well) that made a terrible decision by getting behind the wheel drunk.

It was a nice tribute IMO. They treat him as still being a part of the team, if Adenhart would've been there physically, he would've been doused inalcohol.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Thoughts on the Angels celebration with pouring alcohol on Adenhart's jersey?

I think it's cool, people will say "Oh the irony", but the fact is that they are showing love to their teammate.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It was a nice tribute IMO. They treat him as still being a part of the team, if Adenhart would've been there physically, he would've been doused in alcohol.
My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Come on Dodgers is it because you want to clinch while at home?
laugh.gif

Get it over with already.

Anyone else going on Friday or this weekend?
i have no tickets yet but im planning on going friday. i want that plaque real bad.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom