OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

lets go Doyers!

lineup for today
Furcal SS
Pierre LF
Ethier RF
Kemp CF
Loney 1B
Blake 3B
Belliard 2B
Martin C
Billingsley P

smokin.gif

smh.gif
Bills

Lets go boys

i know we won the series, but games like this deep into the season are must wins especially with Colorado breathing down our necks.

Bills hasn't looked sharp at all, its not like his velocity has been crap - its just his location especially on his breaking ball has been right over theplate.

The time is now to give him a start or two off.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Bills hasn't looked sharp at all, its not like his velocity has been crap - its just his location especially on his breaking ball has been right over the plate.

The time is now to give him a start or two off.

smh.gif
he's been throwing
grin.gif
. i hope nothing is wrong with him

lead back to three games

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

he's been throwing
grin.gif
. i hope nothing is wrong with him
I'm sure its a mix of his "freak" leg injury that needed surgery in the off-season - could be fatigue since he needs those treestumps when he pitches.

That hamstring injury or whatever he had didn't help either ... and since the ASG he hasn't been the same
sick.gif

[h1]Dodgers' Bowa, San Francisco's Penny make up[/h1]
By Gideon Rubin, Special to the Daily News

Updated: 09/13/2009 12:10:33 AM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO - In a day, Brad Penny went from wearing a chip on his shoulder to carrying an olive branch.

The former Dodgers All-Star, who joined the San Francisco Giants last month in a deadline waiver deal and is scheduled to pitch against his former team today, said he ended his feud with third-base coach Larry Bowa in a private meeting before Saturday's game.

Penny severed ties with the Dodgers in acrimonious fashion in the off-season. He criticized their coaching staff and singled out Bowa for talking behind his back after signing a free agent contract with Boston.

Bowa fired back by questioning Penny's work ethic and his commitment to the team.

Penny added to the controversy shortly after arriving in San

[table][tr][td]
dodgers.jpg

[font=arial, helvetica]GO INSIDE THE DODGERS:[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]For the best around-the-clock coverage of the Dodgers, visit our Inside the Dodgers blog.[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Francisco by telling a reporter who noted there would be 42,000 Dodgers-hating fans in attendance when he pitched against his former team. Penny said there would be "42,001," according to published reports.
Bowa confirmed a Giants beat writer brokered the meeting.

"Me and Larry talked and it's over with," Penny said. "We both apologize. He wished me the best of luck and I wished him the best of luck.

"That's the last you're going to hear about it."

Bowa wouldn't talk specifics about a meeting he said was private, but he did acknowledge some misunderstanding about Penny's workout program fueled the exchange. He said he was unaware Penny was working out at his Los Angeles home instead of at Dodger Stadium.

Penny spent five years with the Dodgers but was dogged by a shoulder injury in 2008, when he went 6-9 with a 6.27 ERA, by far his worst year with the team. He was 7-8 with a 5.61 ERA in Boston when the Red Sox unloaded him, but has been dominant since joining the Giants. He's topped out at 98 mph and is 2-0 with a 1.20 ERA in two starts.

"I never questioned his injury, I questioned his work ethic," Bowa said Saturday. "I questioned the dedication to going to meetings and helping the young kids out about how to pitch to certain guys."

Dodgers manager Joe Torre has refused to weigh in on the situation in the past and said he was unaware of Saturday's meeting. He apparently doesn't share Bowa's view of Penny.

"Brad and I had a fine relationship," Torre said. "We never had any issues. As far as I was concerned, when he was up to pitching physically he went out there and worked at it."

Injury update

Injured starters Randy Wolf (elbow) and Clayton Kershaw (shoulder) threw on Saturday. Wolf (El Camino Real High of Woodland Hills/Pepperdine) threw on a flat surface for the first time since experiencing soreness in his left, throwing elbow during a between-starts side outing Tuesday. Kershaw threw off a mound.

Sucks we couldn't get a win vs penny, but im happy with taking 2 out of 3. Got to take care of business at home vs the pirates, and hopefully the giantshelp us out vs the rockies.

They've got a killer record vs. the Rox at home. I think they've only lost 2 against them at ATT

I read that makeup session article while waiting in the terminal. Some dudes are too dudely I guess
laugh.gif

Doggies need to fatten up in this coming week.

Flying home Thursday, going to the game on Friday
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still browsing ebay for weekend tickets

Gonna be my first regular season game at Dodger Stadium this year
smh.gif

Really......check the thread. I'm not the one sweating and I don't think the team is either.

At the end of the day, worst case scenario, we win the Wild Card.

This team hasn't concerned themselves with the Rockies all year, why should I?

Just keep on winning....as they say in the clubhouse "Winning takes care of everything"
smokin.gif

Time to stop %@#@##% around at home, last two homestands have been dreadful.

BTW- Show up early on the two giveaway nights. They are changing the giveaway policy, so it may take you longer to get in the gate. Just a heads up.

I still think the Dodgers are taking the West, but i bet it's closer than Dodgers fans are comfortable with, especially with the Rockies playing so damnwell ( minus today ). If the Giants take 2/3 in the series against COL starting tomorrow, they are doing you guys a huge favor, if yall handling yours.

Back
Top Bottom