OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Bendtner smiling with embarrassment as he was subbed off
smh.gif

Bendtner...
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Ginger Prince saves the day for United...
pimp.gif

but on a side note,our attacking lacked sharpness without Rooney...
embarassed.gif

Avoid ESPN at all costs in the coming days. Donovan just scored for Everton.

Everton are laying a beat down on Hull. They should have 6-7 goals if Yakubu wasnt so wasteful

LD clownin' right now. 1 goal and 1 assist since he came on as a sub. Hasn't put a foot wrong, although the Hull defense is basically non-existent.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

LD clownin' right now. 1 goal and 1 assist since he came on as a sub. Hasn't put a foot wrong, although the Hull defense is basically non-existent.
The game was over when LD came on. Did you see his goal? He was left wide-open for about 15-seconds before the ball finally came to him. Quality finish though.

You think LD and Beckham will complain if an MLS strike happens?
laugh.gif

Bruce said the only way Landon extends his stay for the Toffees is if this strike happens, so for his sake hopefully it does

Some people have criticized Chelsea and Man City for spending excessively in recent years but the fact is, no English club has spent as much money on players as Man Utd. in the last 10-years or so.

Let the speculation begin as to who Ferguson will bring in this summer with the Cristian Ronaldo money...

http://soccernet.espn.go....;sec=england&cc=5901

[h1]Ferguson has funds to sign new striker and goalkeeper[/h1]
Sir Alex Ferguson will be allowed to spend up to £80 million this summer as he targets a new striker and goalkeeper.

Ferguson has been reluctant to spend big money and has said inrecent months that he feels there is a lack of value in the market, buthe now acknowledges that Manchester United cannot continue to rely soheavily on Wayne Rooney and will look to bring in a new forward when the transfer window reopens.
Edwin van der Sarrecently agreed a one-year contract extension to remain at Old Traffordnext season but, at 39, his time at the top level looks limited, soFerguson would like to bring in one of the world's top goalkeepers toreplace him.

United raised £80 million from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldoto Real Madrid in the summer but reinvestment in the market was limitedand there were suspicions that the Glazers were using the remainingfunds elsewhere in the business. However, it has emerged that the cashpile is still available for new signings.

An insider told Soccernet:"There is no doubt that the money from the sale of Ronaldo is there forSir Alex to spend, and any other money he raises through sales. SirAlex needs a striker and a goalkeeper, and the players of the qualityUnited demand means that they would be extremely expensive and, whileSir Alex likes value for money, he does need these two players for nextseason as a matter of priority."

Ferguson has been left to dealwith team matters without any interference from the Glazers, and forthat reason he is supportive of their ownership of the club andunwilling to go behind their backs to back the Red Knights' potentialtakeover.

"Sir Alex is not involved with the Red Knights, norwould he be," the insider added. "It's preposterous to even suggest it.In any case, their bid is not reality.

"No one is going toforce the Glazers to sell, and I would doubt whether the Glazers wouldeven entertain these guys, even if they did change their minds one day.There seems to be no proof of funds - the likelihood is that they wouldborrow heavily in any case - so what is the difference?"

-----------------------------

It kind of baffles me when Man Utd fans criticize teams like Real, Chelsea and Man City for spending a lot of money when Man Utd. does the exact same thing. Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, van Nistelroy, Veron, Valencia, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Berbatov, etc etc.

You cant really hate on clubs spending big money if they have it. The fact is, no supporter would complain if their own club spent that kind of money. However its funny to see big spending clubs fail every once in a while
laugh.gif

^ speaking of transfers,United has signed an 18-year old Belgian fullback Marnick Vermijl on a 3-year deal from Standard Liege...
the deal was reported to be around 300,000 Euros...

interesting to see how this kid develops with United...

back to the topic,Liverpool lost against Wigan...Rodallega scoring the only goal of the game in the 14th minute...

I saw that headline about Fergie having 80mil to spend in the summer on a gk and striker, that's just plain stupid. With that money, he can pretty much get whoever the hell he wants. I just hope Ribery, David Villa or Silva don't come to Utd, because they'd become instant scum when they put that ugly kit on.

On another note, Mohamed Zidan claims Arsenal scouts have been in Germany watching him and some were at the ANC taking a look at him. Honestly I don't see why Wenger would sign him, yes he's a decent striker but with RVP coming back, and us supposedly already agreed with Chamakh for a deal in the summer, no need to buy another striker when we have Eduardo and Bendtner. 4-3-3 with Arshavin, RVP and Chamakh up front sounds plenty nice to me.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

I saw that headline about Fergie having 80mil to spend in the summer on a gk and striker, that's just plain stupid. With that money, he can pretty much get whoever the hell he wants. I just hope Ribery, David Villa or Silva don't come to Utd, because they'd become instant scum when they put that ugly kit on.

On another note, Mohamed Zidan claims Arsenal scouts have been in Germany watching him and some were at the ANC taking a look at him. Honestly I don't see why Wenger would sign him, yes he's a decent striker but with RVP coming back, and us supposedly already agreed with Chamakh for a deal in the summer, no need to buy another striker when we have Eduardo and Bendtner. 4-3-3 with Arshavin, RVP and Chamakh up front sounds plenty nice to me.
The headline just means he has 80 million to spend and that he's looking for a striker and GK. It doesnt mean that he'll spend all of the 80 mill or that he'll spend it on just those positions. I couldn't care less about who they sign but I believe they'll be bringing a big name in to start next to Rooney while Berbatov will either get relegated to a bench role or be sold.

As for Zidan, I think he's just trying to attract interest from bigger clubs. He also said that Barcelona were interested in signing him
laugh.gif
. He's a right-sided SS which is a position which Arsenal are really deep in. Arsenal are probably just 2-3 players away from being legit Premiership/UCL contenders.

Ideally, I'd like to see this next season:

--------------------GK------------
---------Vermalen-----Gallas-------
Sagna-------------------------------LB
--------------Song----CM---------------
-----------------Fabregas--------------
v. Pu.ssy----------CF--------Arshavin

Clichy has been poor this season, hopefully he snaps out of it. Diaby is alright but I'd prefer more steel in the middle. Getting a CF would solve a lot of problems for this team. Ofcourse Almunia needs to get replaced but Wenger has a lot of confidence in this guy as indicated by Almunia wearing the captains armband yesterday
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

The headline just means he has 80 million to spend and that he's looking for a striker and GK. It doesnt mean that he'll spend all of the 80 mill or that he'll spend it on just those positions. I couldn't care less about who they sign but I believe they'll be bringing a big name in to start next to Rooney while Berbatov will either get relegated to a bench role or be sold.

As for Zidan, I think he's just trying to attract interest from bigger clubs. He also said that Barcelona were interested in signing him
laugh.gif
. He's a right-sided SS which is a position which Arsenal are really deep in. Arsenal are probably just 2-3 players away from being legit Premiership/UCL contenders.

Ideally, I'd like to see this next season:

--------------------GK------------
---------Vermalen-----Gallas-------
Sagna-------------------------------LB
--------------Song----CM---------------
-----------------Fabregas--------------
v. Pu.ssy----------CF--------Arshavin

Clichy has been poor this season, hopefully he snaps out of it. Diaby is alright but I'd prefer more steel in the middle. Getting a CF would solve a lot of problems for this team. Ofcourse Almunia needs to get replaced but Wenger has a lot of confidence in this guy as indicated by Almunia wearing the captains armband yesterday
indifferent.gif

------Lloris------
--Sagna---Vermaelen---Gallas---Clichy--
----Song---Nasri---Fab----
---RVP---Chamakh---Arshavin---

That line up sounds great to me...we must sign Hugo Lloris, I don't care what he costs, so young and so full of talent. I'm sure we could sell Almunia for like 5 million to someone in the bottom half of the EPL. I like our back line, Clichy has been getting better and he'll be back to his best, that back injury killed his high big time. I'm suprised to see you didn't put Nasri in that CM roll, Nasri isn't a big strong guy like you said we should have, but Nasri could definitely hold it down and Song would help. The front line hoping RVP stays injury free (that's serious hoping
laugh.gif
) and with Chamakh there, would result in alot of goals I think.

^^^^

Nasri isn't a CM and can not play that role. Nasri is more of a natural AM but since we have Fabregas, Wenger usually uses Nasri as a winger or secondary striker. The reason Nasri looked so good against Porto is because he got the chance to play in his natural position. I dont remember Wenger ever using Nasri in CM except maybe because of an injury to another player.

It's not just with Nasri though. Wenger loves versatility (which usually means putting players in positions they arent supposed to play). Rosicky is another AM on our team that gets bounced around all over the place. The same goes with Eboue who is a RB that Wenger will use at RW, LW, CM, etc.

Arsenal need another solid CM to play in midfield who isn't afraid to do the dirty work. They need a guy that'll win balls in the middle of the park and come back and defend. This team already has enough scorers...finding a guy who can score from the CM position is not important.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Some people have criticized Chelsea and Man City for spending excessively in recent years but the fact is, no English club has spent as much money on players as Man Utd. in the last 10-years or so.

Let the speculation begin as to who Ferguson will bring in this summer with the Cristian Ronaldo money...

http://soccernet.espn.go....;sec=england&cc=5901

[h1]Ferguson has funds to sign new striker and goalkeeper[/h1]
Sir Alex Ferguson will be allowed to spend up to £80 million this summer as he targets a new striker and goalkeeper.

Ferguson has been reluctant to spend big money and has said inrecent months that he feels there is a lack of value in the market, buthe now acknowledges that Manchester United cannot continue to rely soheavily on Wayne Rooney and will look to bring in a new forward when the transfer window reopens.
Edwin van der Sarrecently agreed a one-year contract extension to remain at Old Traffordnext season but, at 39, his time at the top level looks limited, soFerguson would like to bring in one of the world's top goalkeepers toreplace him.

United raised £80 million from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldoto Real Madrid in the summer but reinvestment in the market was limitedand there were suspicions that the Glazers were using the remainingfunds elsewhere in the business. However, it has emerged that the cashpile is still available for new signings.

An insider told Soccernet:"There is no doubt that the money from the sale of Ronaldo is there forSir Alex to spend, and any other money he raises through sales. SirAlex needs a striker and a goalkeeper, and the players of the qualityUnited demand means that they would be extremely expensive and, whileSir Alex likes value for money, he does need these two players for nextseason as a matter of priority."

Ferguson has been left to dealwith team matters without any interference from the Glazers, and forthat reason he is supportive of their ownership of the club andunwilling to go behind their backs to back the Red Knights' potentialtakeover.

"Sir Alex is not involved with the Red Knights, norwould he be," the insider added. "It's preposterous to even suggest it.In any case, their bid is not reality.

"No one is going toforce the Glazers to sell, and I would doubt whether the Glazers wouldeven entertain these guys, even if they did change their minds one day.There seems to be no proof of funds - the likelihood is that they wouldborrow heavily in any case - so what is the difference?"

-----------------------------

It kind of baffles me when Man Utd fans criticize teams like Real, Chelsea and Man City for spending a lot of money when Man Utd. does the exact same thing. Rooney, Ferdinand, Carrick, van Nistelroy, Veron, Valencia, Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Berbatov, etc etc.

You cant really hate on clubs spending big money if they have it. The fact is, no supporter would complain if their own club spent that kind of money. However its funny to see big spending clubs fail every once in a while
laugh.gif
arsenal just built a 5-Star Stadium, it balances out.

Scotty Parker!  
eek.gif

Also, they'll be using these footballs this week for the (NIKE) Red campaign...

REDball908.jpg

I was sitting there just hoping for Denilson to hit them with a piledriver and who does the rebound fall to....the clinical finishing of Nicklas Bendtner

I was watching the 2nd half like this...

angry.jpg

And then Bendcrap scored...

excited2.jpg

Not a pretty win but 3 pts is 3 pts. Sol Campbell is beyond horrible...Bendcrap is still crap. Walcott, Nasri, Arshavin were all disappointing. Anyways, they got the job done and survive to see another week.

Today was absolutely horrible, the first 20 minutes we were on fire and ran the game and Arshavin's goal was result of it. Vennegoor was way offsides and then fell off some Rooney-esque type contact and Hull were gifted a goal and a way into the game. Nasri, Diaby, Eboue, Bendtner and Arshavin all played very poorly as well. Walcott actually didn't play too bad, he came on with 15 minutes to go and got right into the action, I wanted Arsene to start him instead of Eboue today but oh well. IMO, Sagna was definitely the MOTM, he was all over the place and winning balls for us and did pretty well pushing up and earning us corners.

Ugly 3 pts, but I'll take it. Hopefully we have Fab back from injury next week and it'll be nice to see Song back out there putting his foot down, against West Ham. They've been on poor form lately, so hopefully we'll hit them hard and get 4 or 5 easy goals at home.

Back
Top Bottom