OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

trez is one of the best at poaching goals i've ever seen but im not sure how hes gonna fit in with henry, benzema, gignac, anelka and gomis already in thesquad

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ that darren bent goal. what makes it worse is that a liverpool fan was shown throwing the baloon

It doesnt matter who comes back for France...Domenech is one of the worst coaches in international soccer. He is to France what Eriksson was to England...animpediment to their success. Just like England, France is loaded with talent but they need a manager who knows what the he.ll he's doing. The only reasonFrance made the finals in 2006 was because they had guys like Zidane, Vieira, Makelele, Thuram, Henry, etc. carry that team that far. France do not have thatkind of leadership anymore so I dont expect them to do anything of significance in the WC (if they even qualify).

Oh yeah, it looks like Henry's career is on a downward spiral...dude can not avoid the injury bug to save his life. I expect Barca to bring in a long termreplacement for Henry by next summer at the latest. There is already talk of Robinho going to Barca in January but I think Man City will keep him the remainderof the season in order to ensure that they qualify for the UCL and possibly make a run at the Premiership Title.

Liverpool will never win the Premiership under Benetiz. Liverpool's upper management needs to make a decision...do they want their team to make deep runsinto the UCL every year but never compete for the Premiership title or possibly replace Benetiz and make a run at both titles? Other than finishing 2nd lastseason (mostly due to Chelsea having an off-year), Liverpool has never come close to winning the Premiership. They're already 7 pts back of 1st andthere's no way they'll be able to leap frog 4 other teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City) to win the EPL crown.

Tottenham continue to look strong. I expect them to beat Stoke next week at home but then lose to Arsenal at the Emirates on Halloween
pimp.gif

Cant believe Chelsea lost today, gotta get their act together thats 2 losses already and Manchester is playing a soft @%# schedule thus far. Chelsea > ManU.

Damn I'm stuck a work and I read what happened in the 'pool game. Can't believe they counted that. Well as long as Chelsea loses, i'm good

still at the top of the table...
pimp.gif

losses for Chelsea and Liverpool...
laugh.gif
devil.gif

great job,Sunderland...
Steve Bruce's men getting 4 pts from their last two league games against the league's title contenders...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

off topic i know but trez comming out of retirement for france...
glasses.gif
laugh.gif
he ain't gonna do %$%...
i don't normally follow international teams,but i think Gignac has worked hard enough to deserve a place in the Les Blues first team...
after all,he was Ligue 1's top scorer last season playing for a low-profile team in Toulouse...
i disagree. hes always been one of my faves and i think he'll help them. like tevez said its how they are managed. they should fire domenechnow and get someone in there whos good and with enough time to gel with the team before the wc.

and i think liverpool will win the title again. its been awhile but not to long. chelsea went like 45 years between titles. i think liverpool came close in2001/2002 as well.

good win for united. sucks one f our goals was an o.g. but a w is a w.

RIo Ferdinand just got punked by Fernando Torres

Liverpool - 1
Manchester U - 0

Man U should really be up though they've been somewhat incongruent in the second half

I can't believe my dude VIDA (Vidic) got sent off for the third time against the scouse
smh.gif

Pure bollocks in this match....Got cheated out of two penalty's in the first half...
smh.gif

West Ham - Nil
Arsenal 1 (Van Persie 16')

Lovely finish by Pers...

I'd donate my left testicle just so Persie can play for United.

Thought Arsenal was horrible today even when they were up 2-0

First goal was a bit of luck thanks to the bad play by the keeper, although Van Persie did well to be there.

Second goal by Gallas was nice though but came from a corner rather than free play.

Rosicky absence was shown.

When I saw Diaby, Song, and Eboue in the midfield I knew there would be plenty of reckless challenges.

Although Song was good today and has been for the season he does make some questionable tackles at times.

Eboue had a bad game, he looked like last year's eboue out there which is troubling.

Diaby has been horrible. The only time his play looked great was after he had the own goal against Man U.

His challenges today and most days are stupid and he gave away the free kick just outside the box that led to the goal.

I dont know why it took so long for Wenger to take him out.

I think Almunia will be back in net after Don Vito blundered once again.

The problem with our keepers is being able to make amazing saves but messing up the simple stuff.

Wenger really pissed me off today.

West Ham brought in subs that helped them gain momentum and he failed to recognize this or just chose to ignore it.

Not until after West Ham tied in the 80' did Wenger go to the bench.

Bendtner for eboue around 82' and Eduardo for Diaby around 89'

Bendtner looked good in the short time he was in but it was a little too late

I know the bench is short but c'mon.

Ref was horrible for both sides.

Shouldn't have been a PK and the red was a bit harsh. Bad calls on both sides all game long.

Bad result due to being up by 2 but still got a point out of it.

Hopefully they can move on from this and get a new win streak going.

Berbatov was crap...
smh.gif
...lacking in creativity and hardlygave any support to Rooney...

to be fair Rio didn't really play that bad throughout the match...
but the way he got outmuscled by Torres leading to the 1st goal can never be expected from a world-class defender like him...

except for Chelsea at least there's no major movement in the league table...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

Torres completely owned rio on that goal....
sick.gif
i hope Capello drops him from England's starting eleven...that'll wake him up...

Carling Cup earlier today - United's young squad beat Barnsley 2-0...Wellbeck & Owen the scorers...
pimp.gif

nice to hear Gabriel Obertan making his debut for the Red Devils...

and on to something a little more interesting(from soccernet.com):

Valencia admit Villa and Silva could be sacrificed

Valencia have conceded they may struggle to retain the services of David Villa and David Silva,who have both been linked with a possible move to Manchester United.

Valencia managed to keep both players at the Mestalla over the summer despite some crippling financial problems,with Real Madrid linked with Villa and Silva a target for Liverpool.

The two Spain internationals are now reported to be targets for Sir Alex Ferguson as a large portion of the £80 million received for Cristiano Ronaldo has not been reinvested in the playing staff at Old Trafford.

As Valencia continue to battle against their financial problems,director Fernando Gomez has conceded that sales could be inevitable and that Villa,in particular,could be sacrificed.

"The club made a great effort to keep our players this summer but our economic situation remains very serious,"Gomez told Spanish television."It was a success to keep them,but there comes a point when you can't stand it anymore.We may have to sell Villa."

Villa was the top scorer at Euro 2008 while Silva was also a key member of Luis Aragones' side that triumphed in Austria and Switzerland.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Valencia admit Villa and Silva could be sacrificed

Valencia have conceded they may struggle to retain the services of David Villa and David Silva,who have both been linked with a possible move to Manchester United.

Valencia managed to keep both players at the Mestalla over the summer despite some crippling financial problems,with Real Madrid linked with Villa and Silva a target for Liverpool.

The two Spain internationals are now reported to be targets for Sir Alex Ferguson as a large portion of the £80 million received for Cristiano Ronaldo has not been reinvested in the playing staff at Old Trafford.

As Valencia continue to battle against their financial problems,director Fernando Gomez has conceded that sales could be inevitable and that Villa,in particular,could be sacrificed.

"The club made a great effort to keep our players this summer but our economic situation remains very serious,"Gomez told Spanish television."It was a success to keep them,but there comes a point when you can't stand it anymore.We may have to sell Villa."

Villa was the top scorer at Euro 2008 while Silva was also a key member of Luis Aragones' side that triumphed in Austria and Switzerland.
eek.gif

It would be nice for ManU to pick one of them up. This years team is lacking some explosion or something.

^ If/When I make it back across the pond I'm going to an Arsenal game.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That %!%$ looks soo epic.

Back
Top Bottom