7. Milwaukee Bucks (43)
8. Charlotte Bobcats (28)
9. Chicago Bulls (17)
10. New Jersey Nets (11)
11. Indiana Pacers ( 8 )
12. Sacramento Kings (7)
13. Portland Trail Blazers (6)
14. Golden State Warriors (5)

Not sure if there was a thread on this already, if so, lock it up.

Anyways, hope the Sonics land the 2nd (if not the 1st) pick again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

derrick rose comes home
nerd.gif

honestly if we get that 1st pick... I hope we can try to package it with Gordon and Nocioni and get a great player in return.

Fun fact:

In 14 years of the current lottery system, the team with the best odds has won the No. 1 pick only twice. Cleveland in 2003 and Orlando in 2004.

Hey, for the first time in nearly a decade, the lottery is not Must See TV for me.
pimp.gif

I'll still watch it, though. Had to set the DVR, since I'll be sitting in my Finance class at that time.
sick.gif

I trust NT will keep me updated. I'll be in this post trying to figure out who won amongst all the "
pimp.gif
", "
eek.gif
", "
mad.gif
", and "
tired.gif
" replies that are sure to litter this topic.

Please let the Heat get second pick cause I want them to get Beasley. If they get the first pick they will probably get Rose.

I see another 'fix' by Stern, the Knicks will get one of the top 2 picks

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Fun fact:

In 14 years of the current lottery system, the team with the best odds has won the No. 1 pick only twice. Cleveland in 2003 and Orlando in 2004.

Cleveland just happened to get it the year a kid from Akron was coming. Hmmmm.
laugh.gif

Y'all are hilarious with the praying pics.
laugh.gif

We got kids, Power Rangers (or whatever those are), 'group hug' prayers, everything.
roll.gif

[h1]NBA keeps lottery off camera[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Fri, May. 16, 2008[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]By BARRY JACKSON[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]

NED DISHMAN / NBAE/Getty Images

The NBA conducts the draft lottery in front of a small group of team officials about 90 minutes before ESPN's broadcast of the results.

Two of the most anticipated events for South Florida sports fans this year -- the NFL Draft and the NBAdraft lottery -- aren't even games.

Actually, what ESPN will be airing Tuesday will be the results of the weighted lottery, not the actual lottery. The NBA continues to conduct the lotterybehind closed doors, about 90 minutes before the broadcast but in the presence of representatives for every lottery team -- including Heat senior vicepresident Andy Elisburg.

(The team representatives inside the room are different from the ones who will be on stage during the broadcast, a group that will include the Heat'sDwyane Wade.)

The people in the room where the lottery is performed are not permitted to leave -- or use phones or electronic devices -- to spread the results beforeESPN's broadcast at 8 p.m.

During the time in between, the team logos are placed in envelopes, allowing the lottery picks to be revealed in descending order on ESPN.

Besides airing a lottery preview show at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, ESPN's NBA Shootaround at 7:30 will be lottery-intensive, with StuartScott, Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon anchoring from the site of the Eastern Conference finals.

The lottery show will begin at 8 p.m., with Mark Jones, Jay Bilas and reporter Doris Burke hostingon-site from Secaucus, N.J.

As a TV show, the lottery thrives in years like this, when there are a couple of star players. Last year's lottery show generated a 2.0 rating --ESPN's best for the event -- but below its 2.4 average for playoff games.

I'm taking a full bottle of goose straight to the head right then and there, if that Heat logo hasn't came up by that third card.
pimp.gif

But I'm not going to be devastated at all if it 1 or 2 doesn't bounce the Heaters way. Wade back to form, + whatever pick (be it even 3 or 4) + Capflexibility in 2009 is good money with me.

Back
Top Bottom