Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Powe is killing I should have been picked him up

He has one more start before KG gets backyall dudes might wanna start him.

Man, Wade went off today. Sucks because the GM I'm facing has Wade. Just offset what LeBron did for me last night
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Yo paul any new word on Beans? People are giving up in him:
Andris Biedrins has been dropped by 1929 teams in Yahoo! leagues
sick.gif

I think those GMs dropping him are panicking. His previous injury was to his other ankle and was more severe. This injury wasn't as severe, asyou saw him walk off the court under his own power.

Word is that he's day-to-day and will miss a few games. No need to give up on Biedrins right now.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Yo paul any new word on Beans? People are giving up in him:
Andris Biedrins has been dropped by 1929 teams in Yahoo! leagues
sick.gif
I think those GMs dropping him are panicking. His previous injury was to his other ankle and was more severe. This injury wasn't as severe, as you saw him walk off the court under his own power.

Word is that he's day-to-day and will miss a few games. No need to give up on Biedrins right now.

agreed. i think people are just trying to get plays in for the playoffs.

bleh, no one dropped him in my leagues. maybe some will panic after they saw other GMs dropping him?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dammit, i made a huge mistake in dropping gomes...
mcdyess better keep his double doubles up else im going to kick myself
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Man, what the heck is going over there in Chicago with Tyrus Thomas? It's halftime and he only logged 8 minutes and is 0-3 from the field.
smh.gif

paul, are you sure with that update on andris...?
Sat, Mar 14

C Andris Biedrins (ankle) sprained his left ankle a little less than eight minutes into the game and did not return. The injury looked serious and, even thoughX-rays were negative, it appears he will be out for a while. He was to undergo a more thorough examination Saturday.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

oh, goodlook on the info.

i remember when i was watchin the gsw vs dal game, the announcers said it was the same ankle - maybe they were distracted by the random appearence of roberthorry?
laugh.gif

ps paul hit 10k already

Originally Posted by BangDak

paul, are you sure with that update on andris...?
Sat, Mar 14

C Andris Biedrins (ankle) sprained his left ankle a little less than eight minutes into the game and did not return. The injury looked serious and, even though X-rays were negative, it appears he will be out for a while. He was to undergo a more thorough examination Saturday.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Yes, I'm sure.

[table][tr][td]Andris Biedrins[/td] [td]F/C[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Mar 13[/td] [td]ankle[/td] [td]Day-to-day[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Andris Biedrins left Friday's game with a sprained left ankle, and although X-rays were negative, he will not return to the game. If you own Biedrins, it makes sense to pick up Ronny Turiaf until we learn the severity of the injury. It's possible Biedrins could miss a few games with this one, as he missed five games with a similar injury to his right ankle earlier this year. That said, this injury does not appear, on the surface, to be as severe.[/td] [/tr][/table]

oh, goodlook on the info.

i remember when i was watchin the gsw vs dal game, the announcers said it was the same ankle - maybe they were distracted by the random appearence of robert horry?
laugh.gif

ps paul hit 10k already
Yeah, Robert Horry was there
laugh.gif
. Was Horry's favorite word 'exactly?' Last night, he must have said it 5 times in the short time hewas with Bob and Jim
laugh.gif

Andris hurt his right ankle earlier this season. Last night, Andris was holding/favoring his left ankle.

If you look on my profile, I hit 10k... but IMO it's not official until it shows under my name on NT
laugh.gif

Any word on how bad this ankle injury is for Josh Howard? I know he's injured it a few times this season but I picked him off the FA. Also any word on whenRondo will return (he's on waivers).. A GM in my league is desperate
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Fries

Any word on how bad this ankle injury is for Josh Howard? I know he's injured it a few times this season but I picked him off the FA. Also any word on when Rondo will return (he's on waivers).. A GM in my league is desperate
smile.gif
[table][tr][td]Josh Howard[/td] [td]G/F[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Mar 5[/td] [td]ankle[/td] [td]Day-to-day[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Josh Howard's ailing ankle was examined on Saturday, and it was determined that he will miss Sunday's game and "possibly a few more". The Mavericks haven't released any specifics about the injury, which seems odd, and fantasy owners are forced to keep him benched until we get some concrete information. At the very least, it sounds like he's a lost cause for the upcoming week.[/td] [/tr][/table]

And Rondo...

• Sat, Mar 14

G Rajon Rondo returned to action after two games out with a sprained right ankle. He had four points, eight rebounds and eight assists in 29 minutes.
    (Yahoo! Sports)

^might as well.
rondo already came back...
good looks on andris paul
smile.gif

btw, how does your profile say 10k and it doesnt show up under your name?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

I'm winning FG% by .002. Should I start Kevin Martin and OJ Mayo today? I'm also winning 3PM by only 2
Do you have StatTracker? I say just follow your FG% up until right before the Sacramento game and decide then whether to start Kevin Martin ornot. Can't do this with O.J. Mayo since his game is early.

Also depends on who your opponent has. If he has players that are volume shooters, then that can help you make your decision easier.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^might as well.
rondo already came back...
good looks on andris paul
smile.gif

btw, how does your profile say 10k and it doesnt show up under your name?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
No problem with the Andris news. If there is anything new, I'll be sure to update you guys.
wink.gif

It says 10k because it's all my total posts combined. It's all my posts on NikeTalk + Yuku's support forums + N T K L. The post count under my nameon NikeTalk is the total posts I have on NT only.
laugh.gif

[h2]Weekend update: Biedrins out at least a week[/h2]
From Janny Hu.

Some scattered Saturday notes:

Andris Biedrins will be out a minimum of a week after spraining his left ankle on Friday. Under that timeline from the Warriors, he'll miss at least four games and at best return some time during their four-game Southwest trip later this month.

Obviously, Ronny Turiaf gets the starting nod in Biedrins' place, but Nellie says he'll also give Jermareo Davidson some time at center. Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph could also play some '5' depending on the matchups.

Speaking of Wright, Nellie said it's his philosophy that guys shouldn't lose their starting jobs due to injury, so that's why Wright was back in the starting lineup Friday.
Wright looked terrific -- smooth on offense, active on the boards, under control -- and you'd hope that he'll be getting more than 16 minutes a night as the Warriors close out the season.

Same goes for Randolph, who takes the whole "bringing energy off the bench" cliche to a new level.
His line against the Mavs: 14 points, three blocks, three steals, seven rebounds and six fouls in 21 minutes.
Best of all? Zero turnovers.
Oh, and his response to getting dunked on by tiny guard Jason Terry:
"I take that personally," Randolph said.

Well I started both of them. I got Brook Lopez and Zach Randolph playing later so that should give me a boost too. And maybe Marcus Camby

Back
Top Bottom