OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
im fine with vogel or blatt because both are better coaches than rambis... its actually redeculous to consider hiring rambis because everywhere he goes hes been a bad coach... but id rather go with vogel because hes been a consistently good coach with only paul george on his roster every year... blatt is a good coach but why wouldnt he with the cavs lineup

If Rambis is byke Melo's gone.

He's said multiple times (without naming names) Phil's coaching search shouldn't be focused on "one guy".

Sacramento and Minnesota got their man before us.

Lakers too.

Says A LOT about this franchise. :smh:

Last edited:
Him & Steve Mills are the only guys in the organization that have any vision beyond next season.

Never would've thought of Steve Mills to be so reasonable and level headed. I was always under the assumption he was one of those "Yes-men" around the league.

Phil Jackson has certainly started to somewhat overstay his welcome here in NYC. This may be a bit premature, but it may be time to part way. Especially if Phil has his sights on returning to LA.

I'd rather have someone who'll be in NYC full-time and give an honest commitment than some guy who just wanted to come here to scratch something off his bucket list. Many writers and reporters said Phil coming to NY was his career coming full circle, but that can be the furthest thing from the truth. It actuality, his career coming full circle would be him running the Lakers with his girlfriend owner.

Damn man it sucks to be us. Its like there was a strong coaching draft and we aint even have a pick. I dont want to blame because at this point its worthless. We're watching qualified coach after qualified coach sign with other teams and in terms of staff all we've done is give derek fisher 20 million for 2 years. this is disheartening, this is fustrating (especially when big chief triangle seemingly wants to keep us in the dark) and this is embarrassing. If youre gonna hire Rambis, just do it. What are we waiting for ? If this is a whole game just to make it seem like we're trying and searching, then i give up. honestly im so saddened by this franchise and the continuous poor decisions made. From top to bottom. i bleed orange and blue but these guys make it hard to support them. Theres never anything intelligent being done, everythings always mired in contoversy.

What is phil doing? What is our GM doing? Whats goin on? Im tuning it out for now guys. I feel disrepected as a fan . We've always been the laughingstock but I think its worse now than ever. No direction. No future. Just an ancient offense and a stubborn president, a coaching fiasco and an owner who likes to play music with his friends. See yall later

. We're watching qualified coach after qualified coach sign with other teams and in terms

I think this is a function of Phil Jackson's stubbornness. His problem was being so forthcoming on his belief that the Triangle offense can succeed in today's NBA.

Had he kept that thought to himself and didn't preach it so much, he wouldn't be in this situation now. He's put himself in a situation where he HAS to play the triangle now, or else people will think he's a punk who's full of it. This guy may have the largest ego amongst anyone who's worked for the Knicks.

No reputable will want to come coach the Knicks, because they know they won't be able to coach the way they want. We've been expressing our grievance of ownership and how they get in the way of success, but it's ironic how or team president who's falsely promised a complete change in that is worse than how we had it before.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Phil built a poor roster around Melo, but he certainly made a few fumbles in the coaching department. Sure, he wanted Steve Kerr initially. But who didn't? Then he wanted Like Walton, but he knew Luke is an LA guy and preferred to play out west.

I agree with the sentiment of just hiring Blatt if that is the end game.

At the end of the day...Carmelo has probably been this team's best public figurehead.

He's honest enough to give some insight into the what's going on beyond the court and disciplined enough to chose his words wisely, when talking about potentially controversial topics.

A looser canon would went off the rails a long time ago.

I'm surprised that Melo hasn't waived his NTC and asked out. Salute. Because he's not getting younger, the direction of the team is only getting more wayward. Luckily enough for him and the team, the east isn't getting better, and if they are, not by much. NY can be a player or two and a coach from being in the second season.

At the end of the day...Carmelo has probably been this team's best public figurehead.

He's honest enough to give some insight into the what's going on beyond the court and disciplined enough to chose his words wisely, when talking about potentially controversial topics.

A looser canon would went off the rails a long time ago.

He's really matured in his time here. Love how candid he is, especially with the NY media. You can tell he means what he says & none of it is PR bs.

I'm surprised that Melo hasn't waived his NTC and asked out. Salute. Because he's not getting younger, the direction of the team is only getting more wayward. Luckily enough for him and the team, the east isn't getting better, and if they are, not by much. NY can be a player or two and a coach from being in the second season.

Think he's waiting to see what Phil does over the summer and how it plays out over the first half of next season.

If we're still lottery bound by the All-Star break, don't see him hanging around much longer after that.

he definitely wants to be here and win it for new york, but mainly he just wants to win. you can see that it bugs him that the rest of the "brotherhood" are consistently in the playoffs and he's just been watching the last few years. i agree with goldenchild. if we arent at least above .500 by the all star break, i dont blame him if he wants out. hell, i wouldnt blame him if he wants out now. at least hes saying all the right things and is looking out for the knicks future in KP. regardless if he stays or not.

Kurt Rambis is in Chicago with the Knicks at the NBA's draft combine with GM Steve Mills & other front office members, per league sources.

So this is really happening, huh? :x :smh: :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom