OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Some realistic unrestricted FA we should be interested in....

Conley
Batum
Noah
Ish Smith
Kent Bazemore
Rondo
Evan Turner
OJ Mayo
Mario Chalmers

no to conley bc i dont wanna give him anything near the max
yes to batum for any amount
yes to noah as our back up big for maybe 10mil per
yes to ish for less than 10 mil per
**** bazemore
yes to rondo for less than 10 mil per
yes to turner for less than 10 mil per
no to mayo bc no
no to mario bc of the injury

Conley would be a PERFECT fit next to Melo & KP, he's a true PG, can shoot & play defense and he's only 28. He's also a guy who isn't worried about being THE GUY.

He's gonna demand near the max yes, but IMO he's well worth it if the plan is to actually build a playoff caliber team.

I had no problem paying Conley initially but this latest injury really cements the fact that he's an injury prone player and I rather not tie up 30 mill a year in him.

do ya'll honestly think the market for Conley is gonna be 25-30 a year??

If that's the case i would say hell no too. but Bringing in Rondo for this squad just doesn't seem like it help Melo at all considering Rondo needs the ball to be effective and still poses no threat to shoot.

If that's the case i would say hell no too. but Bringing in Rondo for this squad just doesn't seem like it help Melo at all considering Rondo needs the ball to be effective and still poses no threat to shoot.

Melo and KP would get so much more easy shots with Rondo running the point. The "Melo needs the ball to be effective" narrative is so overblown. His best years of his career was played with ball dominant PG's (Billups and Kidd)

I hope not, but if it is, I'd pass big time.

thats why im saying i dont want conley. at least not for near max and definitely not max money. most id be willing to give him is the same contract as lopez, maybe a bit more.

What would you do if it came down to it, overpay players or strikeout?

If it's either of those choices I'd try talking Melo into letting us blow this up before he wastes another year of his career. Option B, when Melo decides continuing to build his brand in NY and post-basketball life is more important than winning a ring would be to just strikeout and not get any big names, try to get role players, and probably get a decent lotto pick at the end of next season when we inevitably suck again.

Last edited:
On Melo's behalf i'm sure he wants a ring, but i think he would be more than happy just having a competitive team around him again & i honestly feel the knicks can get that done this off season with the hire of a good coach & adding a starter and a few more pieces to the bench.

Conley
Affaulo (player option)
Melo
KP
Lopez

Bench:
Williams, Grant, Quinn, Wroten

is a team that i think can atleast be in the running for a top 4 record in the east if a good coach is hired.

? do you think any team will take a calderons(Expiring) contract this offseason?

It's dudes like you that really get heart broken every year. Good though the fan base needs optimists such as yourself.

Conley gunna miss half of the season b once he starts wearing blue and orange.

It's dudes like you that really get heart broken every year. Good though the fan base needs optimists such as yourself.

Oh nah NO heartbreak here i'm not even a Knicks fan at all lol. Melo has always been one of my favorite players, and being a Ny'er i would really appreciate if my hometown team didn't suck all the time. The one year the Knicks actually were balling(melo/Kidd/ chandler etc) had the city hyped.

Oh nah NO heartbreak here i'm not even a Knicks fan at all lol. Melo has always been one of my favorite players, and being a Ny'er i would really appreciate if my hometown team didn't suck all the time. The one year the Knicks actually were balling(melo/Kidd/ chandler etc) had the city hyped.

In that case, I envy you.

i've grown open to this idea as long as we bring in a legitimate coach to keep him in check, like Thibs.

Not a fan of Rondo or Thibs for the Knicks. But that duo would cause some serious issues for any PG's coming to play them.

With the depth in the PG position in the modern NBA, having a defensive minded coach and PG would be a nice counter. It would also be a nice change of pace from this turnstile defense we have at the guard position as well.

Rondo+Batum+Lopez+KP would be an incredible defensive group. If we bring in some decent shooters and rebounders to come off the bench, I could see the team winning 50+ games. Barring any injuries of course. Which would be very likely, considering how hard Thibs plays his guys. This would happen especially if we had Conley :lol:

Last edited:
Gonna feel not real if we finally win it all one day. I might seriously cry. I need a knick ticker tape parade in my lifetime bro ....

Back
Top Bottom