OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
"Hey Kevin [Durant], we'd love you to come to New York. We have your friend Melo, a budding star in Kristaps, and a coach that could go 98-0 next season & still have a coaching record under .500."

hell of a pitch

If Phil tells KD that he'll coach half the season while Rambis coaches the other half, then KD will laugh and just walk out of the meeting to catch his flight to GSW :lol:

yall in uproar because "sources" say he "might" coach only home games. reported by ESPN  
eyes.gif
. i figured yall would have learned dont believe anything until it happens/phil is directly quoted lol

if it was Broussard or Screamin A. i'd dismiss it but Ramona Shelburne broke the news that Fisher was fired iirc.

she seems to have a good sense of what goes on with Phil

Last edited:
coaching isnt going to make much of a difference if our back court is still garbage. we need a starting PG and another (preferably better) SG above all. a smart athletic PG will know when to say **** the triangle and just drive to the basket.

grant does that sometimes, but he needs to stop jumping when he passes. he also needs to stop holding the ball until there is 4 seconds left on the shot clock and passing it off for a terrible shot.

if it was Broussard or Screamin A. i'd dismiss it but Ramona Shelburne broke the news that Fisher was fired iirc.

she seems to have a good sense of what goes on with Phil
tru. honestly cant wait for our offseason it could get interesting, but then again we could fall flat as usual 
laugh.gif

coaching isnt going to make much of a difference if our back court is still garbage. we need a starting PG and another (preferably better) SG above all. a smart athletic PG will know when to say **** the triangle and just drive to the basket.

grant does that sometimes, but he needs to stop jumping when he passes. he also needs to stop holding the ball until there is 4 seconds left on the shot clock and passing it off for a terrible shot.
exaclty. phil coaching isnt gonna make our players less trash

no matter what happens next season we have our 1st round pick in what looks to be a strong draft :smokin

As much as I like Thibbs' philosophy and what he stands for as a coach, I can't get on his believe of running his players working them down to the ground. He's like one of those guys who'll get the best of his players, but will do so in the expense of risking injury and shortening their careers.

Melo has a solid 2-3 seasons left of above than average productivity. If Thibbs comes here, he'll have Melo playing at an elite level, but then taper off later on. Some of you guys have shown your distaste for Rambis and playing Melo 35+ mins. Thibbs would do something very similar. I shutter to imagine what would happen to Prozingas. The kid already looks feeble and borderline emaciated. What do you think would happen to him if Thibbs got his hands on him and played him 37 mins/game?

I know we're a lost team looking for some type of coaching leadership and with the young talent we have, it's a little concerning. But I don't think Thibbs is the right answer for us long term. Besides, he's one of the Pat Riley and Van Gundy's guys back from the 90's. I'm not sure what type of relationship he currently has with them, but coaches usually always stick together. The aforementioned coaches I just named, as most of you know have strained relationships with this organization.

The whole Thibbs running players into the ground is BS. Butler lead the league in minutes up until he got hurt. That was just the Bulls front office creating **** to justify getting rid of him.

Phil isn't coaching, I don't buy it. Just more BS. Hire Thibbs or I'm out.

Bring in Mark Jackson. He's a "players" coach and has proven to work well with young talent. I honestly like him better than Thibbs.

I'm good on Jackson. Clearly there's something wrong with how players perceive him with him being unemployed this long with so many retreads being rehired.

I want an Xs and Os guy. No more preachers (Mark, Fish, Shaw, etc).

I'll take Blatt.

Last edited:
Blatt?!?!! HAHAHAHAHAH, son. Blatt?!?!?! ****** ****. No way we hire Blatt. He's one and done in the NBA.

I'll take Mark over the Phil flunkies but I don't want Mark either. Thibbs, Thibbs, Thibbs.

I'm good on Jackson. Clearly there's something wrong with how players perceive him with him being unemployed this long with so many retreads being rehired.

Maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity? In this game, you need to hedge your bets, and I'm sure Jackson wouldn't have taken some of the vacancies which were out there. Besides Cleveland, but Lue was already their guy.

If Karl wasn't given the Sacramento job right away, I would've strongly considered Mark Jackson for the job. He seems like a good fit.

I want an Xs and Os guy. No more preachers (Mark, Fish, Shaw, etc).

I'll take Blatt.

Where did you get the impression Blatt is an X's and O's guy?

In reality, the NBA has very few X's and O's guys left. The ones that are still around are the ones with successful teams that play a winning style (ie. Pop, Budenholzers, Stevens, Carlisle, Kerr).

We just need a coach who can bring in a healthy culture which is conducive to winning basketball. I just want the team to maintain an identity consistently through the season. We have the cap room and pieces in place to play competitively every night. We just never got right with the way we play. I'm certain Brad Stevens would've had us winning 45+ games with this roster.

Last edited:
Blatt?!?!! HAHAHAHAHAH, son. Blatt?!?!?! ****** ****. No way we hire Blatt. He's one and done in the NBA.

I'll take Mark over the Phil flunkies but I don't want Mark either. Thibbs, Thibbs, Thibbs.

Just noticed the Ducati 899 Panigale :pimp:

How does that badboy ride?

From everything I read on him as he got hired by the Cavs pointed to him knowing what he's doing and being knowledgeable of the game.

Brad Stevens is my favorite coach outside of Pop by far.

Jackson won't be getting a job for awhile after all the reports from Golden State leaked.

Blatt:

Back
Top Bottom