OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Jimmer Freddette wins the D-League All-Star game MVP. Gets a 10-day contract from the Knicks. Barely played any substantial minutes and then get sent back to the D-League.

Wroten creates himself in 2k playing on the Knicks and proceeds to get a 3-year contract a few months later. Only in America :lol:

The law of attraction :lol:

How bad is Fredette that he can't even warm the bench? can't be that bad if he's D league scoring champ and MVP.

How bad is Fredette that he can't even warm the bench? can't be that bad if he's D league scoring champ and MVP.

Bad enough that he can't get any minutes and too big of a name to have him sit on the bench. I still trust the "NBA system". If you're not getting any playing minutes, there has to a be a reason for it. There's no coach in the world who will sit a player, if he thinks he can contribute to team wins.

I'm pissed now. **** this team:

Despite only holding the interim tag on his position as head coach, Kurt Rambis is not just a placeholder.

ESPN's Ian Begley reports that Knicks president Phil Jackson hired Rambis with the hope of keeping him on as the head coach for the 2016-17 season.

In order to secure the job, Rambis needs to show improvement with the Knicks. Jackson dismissed Derek Fisher in February following a 23-31 start, but the team has slipped to 3-7 under Rambis' watch.

The pressure to win, however, puts the Knicks in a bind. Rambis could opt to use the remainder of New York's lost season to develop their rookies in Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant, but dropping more games could see him replaced.

"I'm focusing on the win and I'd rather not take that gamble at this point," Rambis told Begley in regards to his intentions of trying Porzingis at a new position.

Granted, wins might be tough to come by regardless of Rambis' handling of New York's prospects. He boasts a lifetime coaching record of 59-152 across three stops in the NBA.

If he manages to turn the Knicks around, though, Jackson might fight to keep Rambis on for the long run.

http://thesco.re/1QxZcMD

I don't believe the Rambis report. Not at. If it is true, I'm out for a couple seasons. I love you Carmelo.

Meh, I take it as Phil just being diplomatic. What you want him to say, I hope Rambis fails so I can bring in someone else?

You really think Wroten is gonna take a minimum deal? ****. 

I like the signing, though. Can't be worse than Calderon.

speaking of which--is caldo gone after this year?

Wroten is coming off of an ACL injury. He's hungry to prove himself

I heard he's eligible to be stretched after this year. If I was Phil I would've just outright cut him but I guess he's waiting for the end of the season for this reason.

Last edited:
I don't want Rambis anywhere near the Knicks next season. I don't want him as the head coach, assistant coach, consultant, front office exec, hell i don't even want him in the stands as a fan. There should be a restraining order that keeps him at least 2000 feet from MSG like there is for sex offenders & schools.

If you don't think Rambis is that bad, if he ends up being the full-time coach next season he could go 82-0 in the regular season & 16-0 in the playoffs and his coaching record would still be under .500

Back
Top Bottom