OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Kevin Love is overrated. Send us Porzingis :lol:
giphy.gif

I think I'd pull the trigger on this rumored deal (assuming Melo would waive his NTC) :\ :frown:

Melo deserves to play for a winner & if we get Brooklyn's pick we'd a) have the chance to get younger & more athletic and b) get Kristaps a running mate for the future.

Ideally, Melo stays in NY & we put pieces around him but that's looking less likely with every losing season that passes. I'm open to anything that makes us better.

Melo's direct quotes from that article are pretty damning IMO. Strongly hints he'll have a conversation about his future and makes it known he needs to play with another star ASAP.

Flashbyke to Melo being conflicted about re-signing when it was down to the Bulls and Knicks. There was a report floating around from somewhere that Melo figured it would be wise to take the money then because if it looked grim, he could find a way out of NY if need be. Seems like the signs right now are pointing to that scenario playing out if Phil doesn't acquire a star this summer. TBD.

Could Bron and Melo fit on the same team together? No way there is enough shots for Kyrie, Bron and Melo plus JR Smith

If we trade melo to the cavs all they need is to get chandler and amare to complete the set.

I was saying this 3 way trade should happen a looooong time ago (Knicks sending Melo to Cle, Love to team X, team X sending us a big asset, and we get other pieces for the future.)

Doubt it does though. These are complicated and Melo's NTC doesn't help that.

Last edited:
I honestly need Melo to be a team player and waive his no trade clause. We will never win a championship with him being our centerpiece. No matter what anyone thinks or how much love they have for Melo, a championship is not coming to NY with him.

So Dolan knows we got fleeced in that Melo trade when he could've just signed him as a free agent. I mean who gives up half a team that's doing good for an impending free agent?!?

Back
Top Bottom