OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Yea I'm in the Knicks thread.
laugh.gif
Blake without CP3 is going to be Kenyon Martin 2.0.
laugh.gif
 Damn.  Harsh.

I don't agree with that at all but it seems to be shared opinion here.

the blake for melo trade is legit as far as Rumors go but thats all it is... Melo wont get traded unless he wants to be since he has a no trade clause... and no thanks to Blake... he relies to much on his athleticism and will age badly.... if we trade melo it has to be for boogie or westbrook other than that keep him

I can't believe I am saying this but unless it was something in our favore, I would in no way trade mello. This season has been his best all around season. He is actually fun to watch and has finally become a team player. I think we will make the playoffs next year, even without a major move as long as KP continues his quest to become a top 5 player in the league. IF he reaches his full potential, he will be better than Ewing. This will be a great ride for the next 12 to 15 years!

Last edited:
Blake is one of the best passing Power forwards of all-time and can handle point forward duties even in a pinch but carry on....

That's not going to happen.

And honestly I don't see how adding Melo keeps their window in the west open that much longer. Melo is better than Blake but is older and I just don't see the Clips beating the Warriors or even the Spurs.
Trolling?
Nah I'm not.  They actually brought it up on the Simmons podcast.  

But this was operating under the premise that the Clippers are in real trouble since they're not going to win with their current core, they need to make a move with little flexibility, Blake is out for 2 months and they're playing well without him, etc.

Now I think Blake is a better player as well as being younger.  But if Doc believes this current Clipper iteration has no shot of competing with the big dogs, I can see him talking himself into the move.  If the broken hand is going to be a problem for a while and result in a lost season for the team, especially.

Maybe I'm just pipe dreaming because I want Melo off the Knicks.  I do think he'd waive his NTC to go to L.A. and play with CP.
I heard that mentioned on Simmons. Don't like it. I can see the Clippers do it, but I don't think it makes us any better. It basically just creates more of a glut of bigs. Blake will be good for longer, but I really don't think Blake and KP would work very well, unless KP learns to create his own shot. As it is we struggle to create our own shots. There's no point guard on this team to get Blake the ball in the right position. Melo is our best passer this year by a lot.

Last edited:
Dudes in here have no idea that Griffin can handle and pass
laugh.gif
There's a difference between dribbing and passing and actually running an offense and creating shots for your teammates. Melo has been the guy creating shots all year for us. We lose him, and how will we create shots? Calderon?
laugh.gif
 Galloway? 
laugh.gif
 Grant? Maybe but still 
laugh.gif
 We're gonna pass to Blake every time down and have him create? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

We've seen what happens when we try to rush a rebuild. Bad things happen.

Keep Melo, keep Porzingis, & continue to add pieces every chance we get. Phil seems to have finally put us on the right track, let's not do something drastic.

Just saw that KP won rookie if the month for the 3rd straight month!!! Is there really no shot of him winning ROY?

You guys do realize 31 year old Melo and 20 year old Porzingis isn't a pairing that's built for the long-term right? We aren't even a playoff team in the East but you guys act like Potentiallyfiving up Melo is selling the boat or something, LOL

Melo has a no trade clause. The places that he'd potentially waive the NTC to go to either a) don't have assets we'd want or b) don't have a need for him.

So like it or not we're stuck with a top 5 player in franchise history.

KP is doing his thing but no he wont win ROY. Towns is having a better year and if we make the playoffs theres a slight chance KP might win it but i doubt it. and i agree trading for blake is a bad move. we need to address 1 thing for the present and future and thats to get a top 15 pg whether through a trade or free agency. we arent going anywhere without one. this is clearly our biggest need right now. Still think we should trade for teague. i would like conley here but theres no guarantee for free agency

Melo's at least a BLT

Calderon is cream cheese & jelly on a bagel

Porzingis is bacon, egg, & cheese on a roll :pimp:

I'd strongly consider tradiing Melo for Blake, then offload Lopez in another deal.

Melo has had maybe 2 good years as a Knick. Blake hasnt had 1 bad year yet. When Cp3 went down Blake was putting up crazy #s without him (pretty sure they were winning too).

The move makes us younger and allows us to get a star in return, we arent winning **** anytime soon anyway.

Last edited:
Dudes in here have no idea that Griffin can handle and pass :lol:
There's a difference between dribbing and passing and actually running an offense and creating shots for your teammates. Melo has been the guy creating shots all year for us. We lose him, and how will we create shots? Calderon?:lol:  Galloway? :lol:  Grant? Maybe but still :lol:  We're gonna pass to Blake every time down and have him create? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I don't even know how to respond to this

A) I never said anything about a Melo for Griffin trade

Actually no I'm just gunna stop there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom