OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Melo just isn't that guy anymore. We are not going to be contenders until we get a legit big Fish. We had a good Free agency period where we got little fishes, plus got crazy lucky with KP. But they way we are built is not going to cut it.

I don't know if serious, but seriously, at what point do you think they actually start exploring that option?

He's done being the elite scorer he once was. The best well get from him is a 27+ point game once every 4 games or so and honestly that's not enough with how inept the rest of the team is putting the ball in the basket. I think Houston could be a taker for him giving us Ariza, Terrence Jones, and a pick

Seraphine really hates to pass. He is a black hole who sucks in passes and regurgitates a half a--ed hook shot. Between him and Dwill, there aren't a lot of passers on the 2nd unit. I like Dwill, but he is always looking to shoot as well.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of ppl wish that the Knicks would've made classic Knick moves that would **** up our future in the long run as usual.

& then complain bout them.

Too early to trade Melo, plus it wont ever happen imo. Best thing to do is to just keep adding pieces to what we currently have. An elite PG would do this team wonders.

I'm also really starting to like how well Afflalo is playing for us.

Last edited:
It's disappointing that we still have Calderon as our starting PG.  I'm hoping Phil makes some type of move this season to upgrade the PG position.  We are fine everywhere else, but I just don't like the offense at all right now and how it's being initiated.  That starts with the PG.  Afflalo and Melo should have far more touches out of the post up.  I hate seeing Melo have to start his offense at the 3 pt line every possession.  You're not utilizing his strengths.  Why we aren't pick and pop/rolling teams to death with Melo and KP is beyond me. 

I do not like what Derek Fisher is doing.  He's taking a talented team and not getting the best out of them whatsoever.  Knicks should have a much better record.  

On another note, when Melo was getting 27 a game, most were complaining about him.  He's currently NOT getting 27 a game right now and you say you want the old him.  ::scratches head in bewilderment:: Sometimes you have to just be quiet and watch things develop before you make knee-jerk reactions

Stop generalizing. I NEVER had a problem with the "old melo" dude was a top 5 scorer in the league playing with trash. The fact that we have a rookie with loads of potential this team would be way better with the "old Melo" but unfortunately he's done. Don't even think I can call him a top 10 scorer anymore

Instead of trading Melo for nothing how about we add another high caliber player to him. You guys realize whatever you trade Melo for won't make that much of a difference right? Trading stars in the NBA rarely lead to any meaningful packages.

Instead of trading Melo for nothing how about we add another high caliber player to him. You guys realize whatever you trade Melo for won't make that much of a difference right? Trading stars in the NBA rarely lead to any meaningful packages.

Exactly.

Also, we need a PG that can break down the defense. Caldo is playing much better now, but he's not what this team needs.

Did I make it in time for #MeloTradeTalk?
nerd.gif
Yes you did sir 
laugh.gif
. Just show up after every loss & you'll see plenty of it.

i want this team to be rebuilt the right way.

trading the best thing to happen to this franchise since Ewing to get Ariza & TJones is not the right way to do things.

Last edited:
Melo looks a step slow but his mechanics is coming back... He should be in full swing by ALL star break..

We need a PG BAD!!!!!

TOO much lance thomas not enough D will

Not 3nough pick and roll with Kp and melo

Melo needs more post ups..

Too many shots from Seraphin off the bench

Tired of RoLo catching the ball at the top of the key and look around for 8 seconds b4 passing..

Melo should play some 4...

Back
Top Bottom