OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I honestly didn't like what I saw from Melo in much of the Olympics if it's indicative of how he plays with other talented players

Still dances around with the ball, doesn't go anywhere, and pulls up for contested short armed quick release jumpers way too often. Even with time on the clock. And those missed free throws :x

I hope it's just bc the opposition was outmatched, and he gets that part that's plagued his game out for the NBA, and saves it only for end of clock situations.

Last edited:
And those missed free throws :x

yoooo! thought it was just me.
i think i only saw Melo hit 1 FT the ENTIRE Olympics, & that was in the Gold Medal game.

dude got and1s, but missed the FT. something with his shot, bc Kyrie / KD were hitting FTs

Usa basketball was terrible. It was pretty much a pick up team of no system implmented of great talented players.

I wouldnt look too much into it.

[thread="635180"]Official 16 Nyk Offseason Thread Olympic Melo Is Goat/25440_40#post_26397582Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyeed  

Still dances around with the ball, doesn't go anywhere, and pulls up for contested short armed quick release jumpers way too often. Even with time on the clock. 
[/thread]
This will always be part of his game. 

I honestly didn't like what I saw from Melo in much of the Olympics if it's indicative of how he plays with other talented players

Still dances around with the ball, doesn't go anywhere, and pulls up for contested short armed quick release jumpers way too often. Even with time on the clock. And those missed free throws :x

I hope it's just bc the opposition was outmatched, and he gets that part that's plagued his game out for the NBA, and saves it only for end of clock situations.

Sounds like Kobe, AI, Westbrook, Durant, Lillard, Curry, Thompson, etc. :lol:

not trying to make excuses but even during that 54 win season that team wasnt all that... we just played over expectations.... half our team was old as hell and yes it was good experience to have them around but they didnt really play much because of injuries except for kidd... JR played well during the season then trash in the playoffs and same with novak and even tyson... amare was injured most of the year and so was shump...copeland was a decent surprise but he rarely played...tyson had to be melo best teammate in recent years but besides the decent defense he didnt provide anything else.... deandre plays similar to him but provides much more which is why i feel like tyson coulda shoulda woulda played better in general

Last edited:
^ same here... just trying to justify boeheim point that melo never had great talent around him to win the chip

Beating a dead horse but melo's hands aren't clean in why he hasn't ever had a great team ever.

It wasn't just the players but also the draft picks we had to give up to get him. And losing the continuity that we could have had. That trade is arguably why we've had a revolving door of players around him too this whole time.

Last edited:
Beating a dead horse but melo's hands aren't clean in why he hasn't ever had a great team ever.

It wasn't just the players but also the draft picks we had to give up to get him. And losing the continuity that we could have had. That trade is arguably why we've had a revolving door of players around him too this whole time.

Seems to happen a lot with you when it comes to Melo

Seems to happen a lot with you when it comes to Melo

Because the same things constantly get brought up in different ways and I'm bringing revisionist narratives a reality check.

FOH w/ trying to insinuate I'm anti-Melo because I don't blindly support everything about him :lol:

I want nothing more in life than the Knicks to win a chip within the next couple years with Melo. The earth will ******* explode and I'm coming for a lot of _s like Booker T

Boheim tweeted this

Some have misinterpreted my comments regarding Carmelo. He's made every team he's been on better. It's very difficult to win an NBA title.

Back
Top Bottom