**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

done'toni, but for who is the real question...
nerd.gif

maybe sloan comes outta retirement and comes to NY to coach, or Frank Lawerence i forgot where he is an assistant coach, not Mike Brown dude doesnt know what to do

Lawrence Frank is an assistant I think in Boston

I think I'd definitely like to see what mike brown can do with this squad.
Too bad we can't experiment with coaches.

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

maybe sloan comes outta retirement and comes to NY to coach, or Frank Lawerence i forgot where he is an assistant coach, not Mike Brown dude doesnt know what to do
"Frank Lawerence" is an assistant for your team, Boston 
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

So much for being a fan
eyes.gif

If Doc takes a break from coaching after this season..."Frank Lawerence" is the fav. to step in and take over for them.

Mike D'Antoni is going to be coaching next season.

The Post had nothing to write about. The writer is just speculating.

Originally Posted by rashi

You guys need to give Mark Jackson a shot.
No.
He has ZERO coaching experience, not even as an assistant. I understand taking a chance on younger/unproven guys, but why doesn't he take a job anywhere if he wants to coach so badly? Why would we hand over the job to someone with no actual experience?

If we're handing out jobs to former players, Patrick Ewing needs to be at the top of the list. He's been assisting Jeff or Stan Van Gundy for years now, I'd bring him in before we even consider Mark Jackson.

Yeah, I figure it's pure speculation. Like I've repeated throughout the season, if he gets us to the playoffs, that's earned him another season.

And Doc wouldn't leave Boston, if he continues to coach it's going to be there.

This is D'antoni first season with a decent roster. You can't fire him now. And I one to always call for his head.

I wouldn't want to play the Heat in the first round. They might finally figure out that when the game is on the line pass the god damn ball Chalmers.

Wouldn't mind Lawrence Frank as the coach. I liked what he did for that overachieving Nets team. He has experience in dealing with superstars (Kidd, Carter and to much lesser extend, RJ). Plus he's defensive-minded.

However, with the Knicks becoming a contender again, I don't think Dolan wants anything less than a superstar head coach as well.

I know everybody says Jeff Van Gundy, Jeff Van Gundy, Jeff Van Gundy, but after this weekend, Gundy got me thinking he might consider giving NY a second chance and wherever JVG is going, Mark Jackson won't be far behind.

JVG, Sloan, or Brown

IIRC, Frank couldn't handle the superstar talents of VC & Kidd.

Of all the farfetched rumors in recent years, I wish this one holds some truth.

Sloan is too old to coach this team. His style of play won't mesh well with Melo.
Brown should be your defensive assistant at most; dude doesn't deserve to be a head coach.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Mike D'Antoni is going to be coaching next season.

The Post had nothing to write about. The writer is just speculating.
This.

And Sloan would never coach in NY, once he left Utah, that was it the end of his career.

id want mike brown to coach this team... van gundy aint coming back to coach period, sloan is retired, and mark jackson has no experience not even as an assistant....and i don't believe in lawrence frank i just don't

Mark Jackson to NY... D'Antoni teams play no D were not gonna move on to the next level with him, also dude cant draw up a play worth #$%%%%% %!#%
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
You guys are insane with these suggestions. One speculation article really showed me what's good though. Which is why I hope D'Antoni is coach for next season until a real good coach is available.

Look at all the bums yall naming

Mike Brown? This bum as !%!@%? This is the coach you want when the game is close?
Frank Lawrence? He proved in NJ that he's nothing more than an assistant
Mark $%#%%%+ hand down man down Jackson? Anybody who backs this clown as a coach is an idiot. If anything he should be coaching a brand new team full of draft picks to get some experience.

Only exceptional coach was Sloan and he is NOT coming to NY
laugh.gif
This is another case of yall leaping from one extreme to another. The team needs to be more defensive minded so lets just get anybody known for being a defensive assistant coach and leave the offense up to Melo and Amar'e even though some of yall are saying even D'Antoni can't draw up a play.

JVG quit on this team in the middle of the season a decade ago which imo led to a string of instability in the coaching position in NY for a long time. I doubt he comes back with Dolan still as owner.

But if we just throwing out names I say we get Bill Walton to coach. He did a good job coaching the celebrity EAST team during all star weekend.

D'Antoni can stay. He's actually been adjusting to his players....usually his players are forced to adjust to him. I'm willing to give him more time to see if he continues to make progress.

Back
Top Bottom