**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

gregzzy
pimp.gif

*right click, save

Nice win and it was good to see us finish strong in the 4th quarter instead of blowing it like the last few Ls we took

Whether we win a playoff series depends on which defensive effort we get. The Cavs effort or tonight's effort. Gotta get to be more consistent with it.

zOmGZZZ mike d'antoni iz da gratest koach EVR! held ATL in da 70'z!! and we did bettR wit him keepin melo on da b3nch!

dolan should give him 10 million a year and free pay-per-view and extend his contract til 2025!!!!

14, 7 & 7. Don't care what he shoots as long as he ain't shooting us out the game. I'll live with that line any night of the week.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

14, 7 & 7. Don't care what he shoots as long as he ain't shooting us out the game. I'll live with that line any night of the week.
Agreed. He could have made a bad game a horrible game if he forced shots. Landry learned how to play ball all of a sudden. He was super aggressive with the ball and wasn't hesitant or reluctant to look for his shot.

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Landry learned how to play ball all of a sudden. He was super aggressive with the ball and wasn't hesitant or reluctant to look for his shot.

Aside from the obvious, bench play and D, this is what I loved most about tonight. This was the most comfortable I've seen Landry since the trade, hopefully it wasn't cause Melo was on the sidelines more than usual tonight.

Landry learned how to play ball all of a sudden. He was super aggressive with the ball and wasn't hesitant or reluctant to look for his shot.
Aside from the obvious, bench play and D, this is what I loved most about tonight. This was the most comfortable I've seen Landry since the trade, hopefully it wasn't cause Melo was on the sidelines more than usual tonight.
Co-sign all of this. Think it's because Billups wasn't running the point?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Co-sign all of this. Think it's because Billups wasn't running the point?
nerd.gif
Nah I think he was just hesitating the first few games after the trade...so was Shawne Williams. I like guys like Anthony Carter cause he'll fire away and other dudes will see that and follow suit

Absolutely, not that I dislike anything in particular that Billups does but the fact of the matter is he's a great PG in the sense of what is expected out of the position from a leadership stand point among many other things he does very well. I don't want to say he can't pass cause that's certainly not the case but let's say he doesn't distribute the rock like a D'Antoni PG normally does.

Nor do I think it's hard for him to play wit Melo, I just think it's gonna need time.

That being said I think he's a smart dude and will adjust and make the changes he needs to fit in with the team. The little things he does won't change it's just that I feel like he's been on a shorter leash w/ Pringles since Melo's gotten here. It seems like when him and Melo have a little +@$% up Pringles is quick to throw Shawne or even AC in there for Landry and that's also led to him looking outta sync. I think he's the type of dude that you have to let make mistakes sometimes cause he needs to learn from those situations. We're what almost 2 weeks since the trade? They're gonna need time, Landry probably won't even feel completely comfortable playing w/ Melo until next year but you hope that he gets a better feel for Melo's game as the postseason nears.

I'm not exactly sure how or why, but Shawne Williams has quickly become one of my favorite Knicks in recent history.

Kudos to Toney Douglas. has filled in admirably.

Very nice win.

The defense.
eek.gif

I think we are going to become more consistent on defense towards the finish of this season.

Melo still hurting from the elbow. Got him out of sync and he's forcing himself to have an impact on the game offensively sometimes.

Amare held it down for us with Melo being on the bench and Billups being out. He closed them out with key baskets.

But 79 points ? That's looking beautiful to me.

Fields did look more comfortable tonight. A lot more aggressive.

The Hustler is definitely appreciated. He comes in and changes the tempo, similar to what Douglas does off the bench, but it's a little more controlled and he doesn't score as much. He's been solid since getting PT. He can be a difference maker in the Playoffs, because of his experience.

I liked that D'Antoni is stretching his rotation. He played 9 and we were missing 3 dudes that are in the rotation. I like the expansion in the rotation, because it shows on defense. The players aren't fatigued. The intensity on D is up because of that.

Can't wait to get Billups back and build a consistent rotation.

pimp.gif
@ the crowd though. That's crazy how clear and loud the the MVP chants were.

How could I forget to mention Jeffries.

Probably better for him to have his OWN post.
pimp.gif

Jared_Jeffries_Mug_by_chaskillz.jpg

My son is putting work in and he's a big reason why our D is going to better as we progress.

Couple times he was trying to do something on offense though.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'm not exactly sure how or why, but Shawne Williams has quickly become one of my favorite Knicks in recent history.

We should re-sign him after this year. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom