**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

I just watched it again OMGosh I'm in tears !!
laugh.gif
 the announcer

Originally Posted by you go boy

knicks management needs to stop hyping up games like we an elite team 
eyes.gif
we only lost to the cavs 3 times but still they hype us up for no reason 
alien.gif
and how come last year we got no love with these commercials 
30t6p3b.gif
all of a sudden we got amare and melo they want to make this a big deal with the commercials 
laugh.gif

I wouldn't waste promotional dollars on a team with Chris Duhon as its starting PG personally...

Yea, the commercial wasn't even funny or crazy hyped to warrant a replay for the "
laugh.gif
" & to be in tears.

And why worry about the Cavs who have no chance of making the playoffs?
laugh.gif

we were having these commercials way before melo even got here. i think bdis feels special and thinks we got that dude with the epic voice just cuz of our win over scumbag lebron and the heat.

I gotta comment on being included in that sky is falling post that clown posted awhile back. You're buggin if you think our lack of defense doesn't fall on the shoulders of the coach.
0-3 against the cavs and me saying d'antoni should be fired = the sky is falling?

Please. Our defense is atrocious, period. How many more "can we please play defense" posts, responses on tv and te radio do we need before the @!@*+ says well...maybe we really should work on our d?His play calling is $%+ a lot too.

Those commercials are fire.

Dudes is even hating on our T.V. promos though ? What part of the game is this.

30t6p3b.gif

The commercials were too soft. I want something to get me pumped like the old Knicks games. We need that "Go New York Go New York, Go Go" back.

The Bulls are looking like they going to have that #2 seed by the end of the season. D.Rose has stepped up EVERYTHING. His whole swag is turned up. He been taking on all the challenges all year when ever the Bulls are playing an elite team.

Probably the wrong post to give D.Rose and Bulls props, but I do this to say, we will end up with the Heat if it goes how it looks like it's going to go for the Bulls.

This would be one of the GREATEST playoff series ever.

We match up good with the Heat.

A lot of people already mentioned they would like to play the Heat in playoffs.

I think we on our way.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Those commercials are fire.

Dudes is even hating on our T.V. promos though ? What part of the game is this.

30t6p3b.gif

Werd, my G.. I like the little game promos lol.. and I hope we play either the Bulls or Heat.. we seem to have had their number this year (bulls).. but they weren't at full strength.. if we play the heat, and we take that series.. we pretty much gonna be remember as the team that stopped the Heatles first attempt to win a Championship.. how epic
pimp.gif

It's not the Bulls you're rooting for. You're just rooting for the Heat to lose to another upper echelon squad. Don't worry, I was doing the same today.

Originally Posted by debs 168

I gotta comment on being included in that sky is falling post that clown posted awhile back. You're buggin if you think our lack of defense doesn't fall on the shoulders of the coach.
0-3 against the cavs and me saying d'antoni should be fired = the sky is falling?

Please. Our defense is atrocious, period. How many more "can we please play defense" posts, responses on tv and te radio do we need before the @!@*+ says well...maybe we really should work on our d?His play calling is $%+ a lot too.
Leaving Parker and Baron open for 3 was D'Antoni's fault? You're telling me he told them not to guard the 3? Yes saying D'Antoni should be fired now is the sky is falling nonsense. We all know he should be fired but if you fire him now who is going to coach the team. Yall always say fire Pringles but hire who? It's ridiculous.

No comment on his play calling. I'm sure he didn't say lay up with ya knee extended in to the defender's chest/neck/head.

I gotta admit. Watching miami throughout the season has made me not want the knicks to form a big 3. Miami has no bench whatsoever and bosh is nonexistent to an extent. Even though cp3 is a great facilitator, I'd rather we fill out our team evenly from top to bottom much like the bulls f.o. Have been doing, rather than having a crazy starting 5 and no one else behind them to help.

Let me just shutup and see how the season ends and what happens with the cba

Ayo NYKnick fans the Movement is strong on NT. Its like everybody got a Knick "sig" a Knick "avy" or a Stat and Melo "avy". I didnt know u guys rep this hard on NT $*@ is disgusting..

But its all love though my Dad, brothers, and friends are all Knick fans and they give me flack for not being a Knick fan considering I'm from NY(Bronx).

Ya'll better be ready come playoff time cause the way my Heat are losing its going to be a battle in the 1st round of the playoffs between us.

Peace.  
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

I gotta admit. Watching miami throughout the season has made me not want the knicks to form a big 3. Miami has no bench whatsoever and bosh is nonexistent to an extent. Even though cp3 is a great facilitator, I'd rather we fill out our team evenly from top to bottom much like the bulls f.o. Have been doing, rather than having a crazy starting 5 and no one else behind them to help.

THIS.

We probably don't even need an elite PG though it would help out a bunch. Hopefully Donnie is around to help further build the team cause putting pieces around Melo & Stat can get it done IMO. D'Antoni's always been able to make PG's look great in the system, yes, a great one would put up unbelievable #'s but in the big picture all us know where our weaknesses are.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Chauncey Billups will be a game-time decision for Sunday's night game against the Hawks.

Should be brought from the bench.

On another note, if we don't get a 3rd max and go for defenders, scrappy players, and some offensive off the bench since Pringles is already switching up his offensive plans I'd think it be best if he stayed with a somewhat halfcourt run when we can for the starting line up but stick with the SSOL for the most part for the bench especially if we get players that would allow him to expand to a 9-10 man rotation. It'd be a good change of pace on offense. Plus that way bench guys would really be earning their spots

^A few of us have been saying that for a while. Gimme a PG that can play D on PGs/SGs, knows when to control the offense and when to get the #$%^ out the way and let STAT/Melo operate. Stack up on quality role players that can contribute on defense and offense...we can make real progress like that.

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

THIS.

We probably don't even need an elite PG though it would help out a bunch. Hopefully Donnie is around to help further build the team cause putting pieces around Melo & Stat can get it done IMO. D'Antoni's always been able to make PG's look great in the system, yes, a great one would put up unbelievable #'s but in the big picture all us know where our weaknesses are.
I'm not gonna lie I still kinda want a big 3 but I am wary of what I am seeing in MIA. It's nothing like with Boston but I guess that's cuz they're older. Plus when you add that with how CP3 has been playing this season I no longer know what to think about him and his injury or him just quitting on his team. If we do go after a max I'd only want us to go after DWill (I don't think Dwight's coming here) and if he goes elsewhere or stays with the Nets
laugh.gif
I'd be fine with the team going with what DubA has been clamoring about for a while now.

There is a big difference from their Big 3 as opposed to what we would be trying to attain.

Miami has a soft PF, and two guys in the back court who dominate the ball.

The 3rd guy we would want is a PG who would be facilitating the offense and not having to worry about creating his own shot, and would defer to the other two guys and just make things easier for our two main scoring options. Miami has a PG who doesn't even touch the ball nor does he facilitate anything (their only facilitator is Lebron and he tries to score 30 as well). It could work out especially if we could somehow land a guy like D Williams, who I strongly prefer over CP3 since he is injury prone.

But if that cannot be done, get a strong PG who could take control of the team and play defense, and worry about surround those two options with some shooter to compliment this system (we already have some pieces on here)....the defense is another story though, they won't play defense for a full 48 and will just play stretches, we will just have to live with that.

I don't think I ever wrote the word facilitator as much as I have in this post.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom