**Offical So cal Fire watch thread**

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

how did that happen ???
nerd.gif

livin on the opposite of the country ftw?
iono...
Just a mixture of gusty winds, plus heat = bad combo

Also, some (stupid) people after a BBQ, tend to let charcoal burn off by itself rather than putting it out, so something as little as a burning ash can start afire here.

They were showing people making U-turns on the freeway
eek.gif
eek.gif
, and turning back because the fire jumped onto the freeway and down the overpass,and they were trying to exit off an Entrance ramp. Crazy stuff. Someone actually was killed as they made a u-turn, they collided head on with a tow truck.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Okay here we go, these are the pics taken from my backyard....

2vm6lv8.jpg

ilwpax.jpg

sick.gif

Man eff that, I don't even wanna move to Cali anymore. Y'all be safe.

QFT

I wouldnt be able to sit and take pics, i would be outta that joint, putting my shoes and other valuables in metal boxes
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

how did that happen ???
nerd.gif

livin on the opposite of the country ftw?
iono...
Just a mixture of gusty winds, plus heat = bad combo

Also, some (stupid) people after a BBQ, tend to let charcoal burn off by itself rather than putting it out, so something as little as a burning ash can start a fire here.

They were showing people making U-turns on the freeway
eek.gif
eek.gif
, and turning back because the fire jumped onto the freeway and down the overpass, and they were trying to exit off an Entrance ramp. Crazy stuff. [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Someone actually was killed as they made a u-turn, they collided head on with a tow truck.[/color]
tired.gif
WHOA!!!
eek.gif
During this one or in the past?

Damn, not this again
frown.gif

Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as it was last year. I hope we don't have to evacuate and %%%% like that.
Although we got a week off from school last year...enh

WHOA!!!
eek.gif
Yeah, this just happened about an hour ago.

They showed all the cars fully turned the opposite way trying to get off the Entrance ramp.

WHOA!!!
eek.gif
Yeah, this just happened about an hour ago.

They showed all the cars fully turned the opposite way trying to get off the Entrance ramp.
smh.gif
RIP to her. Well life goes on and just make sure YOU stay safe.

smh.gif
RIP to her. Well life goes on and just make sure YOU stay safe.

As long as everyone listens to the LA Fire Dept instructions to evacuate, people should be safe.
Once people start getting testy and stubborn, then we have a problem.

There's this homeless man who sleeps under the overpass some blocks away from my house, and I just heard he and his dog died in the fire
tired.gif
RIP.

I just checked the messageboard for my class and found out my class at CSUN was cancelled tonight. Everyone who lives over there in Chatsworth/Porter Ranchstay safe. You should put Offical So cal Fire thread as the title, it took me a little while to find this post.

I drove to Northridge for nothing. I got the call in the afternoon that school was canceled, sucks because I was already out there and was waiting to go tooffice hour for a project that's due tomorrow at 8AM, lol. I took this picture from the LA Fitness plaza on Reseda and Devonshire. This is the 2nd timethat I've seen school getting shut down. The first time was the Porter Ranch fire back in '04 where it was a lot worst..with ashes flying in the airand you gotta drive with headlights on.
vpfczc.jpg

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

I can see the smoke from my dorm window. (Porter Ranch Fire)

For my fellow CSUN students, classes are canceled today.
pimp.gif

This is the view from my dorm.
vqjwat.jpg
I know that street it leads the LOT T what up fam stay safe my CSUN people.

^Yea Lindley/Lassen.

Smoke died down but the air is still terrible over here. I have a midterm tomorrow night that i wouldn't mind not having to take.

RIP to the people that died though.

I'm posting from my pad in the Rennaisance right now.For some reason they let us back in
eyes.gif
. Dunno if i'll be able to sleep. In the morning it was hard to breathe so Ileft before the mandatory evacuation. It was crazy because I've hiked into those hills before and it is DENSE dry brush that run at least 4 feet high insome places.
Small La fitness parking lot ftl
vpfczc.jpg

Hopefully the majority of the fires are contained by tomorrow, don't want this situation becoming a National emergency.

Be safe everyone.

They cancelled classes at CSU San Bernardino today.

luckily i had checked my mail when i woke up because i would've looked crazy getting ready for class...

Because of local fires and the closure of the 215 freeway, Cal State San Bernardino is closed to classes, labs and other meetings today, Tuesday, Oct. 14.

The campus is open as an evacuation site for local residents who have been forced from their homes. City fire and police officers will direct evacuees to campus. Others should avoid driving to campus.

http://news.csusb.edu/sto...sp?articleID=7055&subid=0

Porter Ranch is still burning a bit.

I'm too close to it here at work.

All I've been breathing is smoke the last 2 days
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

wait...im going to disneyland this weekend...good idea or bad idea?

Not affecting that area at all.

The fires are mostly in the Valley, San Gabriel Mountains, and I believe the one in San Bernardino is still burning.

whoo ha ha ha i thought im screwed well i was hoping though so i get to go to vegas instead...=(

Yea, I stay out in Woodland Hills, and we got a view of the SF Valley from our balcony, and this is what I woke up to yesterday...

65zl7l.jpg

This is my first time experiencing these brushfires. I lived in HB as a kid, but obviously never dealt with the inland fires. I woke up and walked into theliving room and I doubletaked like...
eek.gif
eek.gif
when I saw this huge cloud goin' miles into the sky. It got a lot worse than that as the day went on, too.And by sunset, you could see the orange fire lines stretching across the mountaintops. Now, this morning when I woke up, we didn't even have a view. It wasjust one thick grey cloud outside the window. Clearing up once again, though. #%%% is crazy!

Glad to hear everyone else is OK.

Back
Top Bottom