Offical: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III 11/12/11

Absolutely cannot stand Pacquiao stans
laugh.gif

Can't wait until Mayweather v Pacquiao, putting my money on Money

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

why do you guys always bring race into this? mostly in a negative way too. terrible.
His people are on his lumpia way too much 
laugh.gif
 honestly the pure filipino and pure mexican boxing fanbase are way too similar. too much country pride.... its cool to be proud of your nation but when you act like you won a world war or become violent against other fans...thats od

Don't compare the two fan bases. No offense to Filipinos but Mexico has a rich boxing history and is known for producing great boxers, which is why we are as proud as we are. It's the unofficial sport of Mexico..

-In a 10-point system, the boxer­ who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other­ boxer gets nine points. (10 -9).
-If there was a­ knockdown in the round (10-
glasses.gif

-2 knock downs (10-7)
-If a­ judge can't decide who won the round, it is scored­ 10-10.
-Now if u are the challenger, you must be the­ aggressor (Pacquiao vs Cotto) in very close rounds the­ Champion gets the 10. For example if Pacquiao would­ just stay still and Marquez does not attack, Pacquiao­ gets the 10 and Marquez 9. In this case -----Manny(champion)­ was always aggressive while Marquez(challenger) waits­ for an attack and counters.
-Marquez's body language­ fooled a lot of people. Making people feel that he was­ the winner or at least it was a draw. It may look like­ he was landing more punches but the tricky part here is­ he was on the defensive, luring pacquiao into his­ tactical traps (remember the challenger must be the one­ who is aggressive to be awarded 10 ).
-So even if­ Marquez did connect more punches he gets only 9 for­ being defensive and manny gets the 10 for being the­ attacker.
Pacquiao got more "10"s than­ Marquez.

By a fan Eagle Quiambao Castro

i had to put this here, something you guys might want to read, although still i think JMM deserves atleast our respect, he did well. a great fighter

Originally Posted by skillzboy44

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Everyone saying that JMM clearly won is a joke. The sore loser didn't do enough to win the fight. The only person he beat was himself, he has himself to blame for not giving it his all in the last two rounds, which could have easily gave marquez the fight. I'd rather watch MMA, atleast there I can see challengers giving a champion a run for their money. At the end of the day, Manny Pacquiao gets the W, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. Cannot wait to see Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. 

What do you think of the dozens of current/retired championship level boxers and Hall of Famers who are saying Marquez won? Should we ignore their opinion and just trust you and a MS-DOS app called Compubox?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, why should theirs sway mine? There are a handful of professionals that believe Lebron is better than Jordan. That doesn't change my views. If Marquez didn't fight so conservatively towards the end, I would have believed he won that fight. Why would he put himself in this position all over AGAIN? It happened the first two fights. If he was so confident, he should have put Pacquiao away to avoid another controversy; however, his corner committed the cardinal sin by telling him he was winning, and as a consequence he believed it and fought less aggressive. Go big or go home, right? Like i said we can argue all you guys want, but this one is already in the books. Just like the first meeting b/w Floyd Mayweather Jr and Jose Luis Castillo(which i believe castillo won).

laugh.gif
: but he was winning though.

The D Riding of Manny was at an all time high by HBO
Dude was getting hammered in certain points of the fight, but all they would talk about was how good his footwork is
laugh.gif

Manny over there playing hop skotch while getting punched in the face, and HBO just says woooooooooooooow look at how quick he is
laugh.gif
, totally ignoring that JMM was landing some good shots

Originally Posted by Discoduck

-In a 10-point system, the boxer­ who wins a round is given 10 points, and the other­ boxer gets nine points. (10 -9).
glasses.gif

-2 knock downs (10-7)
-Now if u are the challenger, you must be the­ aggressor (Pacquiao vs Cotto) in very close rounds the­ Champion gets the 10. For example if Pacquiao would­ just stay still and Marquez does not attack, Pacquiao­ gets the 10 and Marquez 9. In this case -----Manny(champion)­ was always aggressive while Marquez(challenger) waits­ for an attack and counters.
-Marquez's body language­ fooled a lot of people. Making people feel that he was­ the winner or at least it was a draw. It may look like­ he was landing more punches but the tricky part here is­ he was on the defensive, luring pacquiao into his­ tactical traps (remember the challenger must be the one­ who is aggressive to be awarded 10 ).
-So even if­ Marquez did connect more punches he gets only 9 for­ being defensive and manny gets the 10 for being the­ attacker.

i had to put this here, something you guys might want to read, although still i think JMM deserves atleast our respect, he did well. a great fighter
No offense to Eagle but that's one of the dumber things I've ever read. That's just not how boxing is scored and if it was, only pressure fighters would win. Basically if the challenger is a defensive fighter, counter puncher or pure boxer, he'll automatically lose?
eyes.gif

If this Pacquaio shows up against Mayweather, he's going to get destroyed. Floyd is much better than JMM at counter punching and defending - two things that completely befuddled Pac in this fight. Pacquiao also got hit with the straight right a ton (one of Floyd's best weapons). He got frustrated against JMM - how will he fare against someone that's better in every way (stronger, faster, longer, counter punching, defense, offense). The only advantage JMM has is that he's fought Pac before, so he knew his timing. Unfortunately for Pac, Floyd normally adapts to his opponents within 2 rounds. Gonna be real tough for him unless they have a much better training camp.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

What do you think of the dozens of current/retired championship level boxers and Hall of Famers who are saying Marquez won? Should we ignore their opinion and just trust you and a MS-DOS app called Compubox?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, why should theirs sway mine? There are a handful of professionals that believe Lebron is better than Jordan. That doesn't change my views. If Marquez didn't fight so conservatively towards the end, I would have believed he won that fight. Why would he put himself in this position all over AGAIN? It happened the first two fights. If he was so confident, he should have put Pacquiao away to avoid another controversy; however, his corner committed the cardinal sin by telling him he was winning, and as a consequence he believed it and fought less aggressive. Go big or go home, right? Like i said we can argue all you guys want, but this one is already in the books. Just like the first meeting b/w Floyd Mayweather Jr and Jose Luis Castillo(which i believe castillo won).

laugh.gif
but he was winning though.

indifferent.gif
... do you even get what i just said? doesnt matter if he was winning or not. no trainer is supposed to tell their fighter that during a pivotal moment of the match...what does it do for him? smh at you for not getting my point. nice failed attempt at trynna treat.

Originally Posted by trunks206

mad.gif
but he was winning though.

indifferent.gif
... do you even get what i just said? doesnt matter if he was winning or not. no trainer is supposed to tell their fighter that during a pivotal moment of the match...what does it do for him? smh at you for not getting my point. nice failed attempt at trynna treat.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time responding to you but my point was if JMM was winning the fight going into the last couple of rounds then why would his corner tell him he's not winning? The game plan was working...or so he thought. If he was losing then he would need to go out and take risks to get a KO to win but Manny was the one who needed to be more agressive and JMM counters were keeping him at bay for the most part.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

I just re-watched the whole fight again. And this time, I scored it myself...

And who the hell are you again? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Look at analysis from around the world. JMM won or it was a draw at the very least. There is no way Manny won, on paper, papyrus, slate, stone, whatever! Compubox clowns  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jose23mex

Glad to see Pac fans giving marquez credit where credit is due!!!!
pimp.gif
 Real Pacman fans, not the usual STANS

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by Discoduck

glasses.gif

-2 knock downs (10-7)

No offense to Eagle but that's one of the dumber things I've ever read. That's just not how boxing is scored and if it was, only pressure fighters would win. Basically if the challenger is a defensive fighter, counter puncher or pure boxer, he'll automatically lose?
eyes.gif

If this Pacquaio shows up against Mayweather, he's going to get destroyed. Floyd is much better than JMM at counter punching and defending - two things that completely befuddled Pac in this fight. Pacquiao also got hit with the straight right a ton (one of Floyd's best weapons). He got frustrated against JMM - how will he fare against someone that's better in every way (stronger, faster, longer, counter punching, defense, offense). The only advantage JMM has is that he's fought Pac before, so he knew his timing. Unfortunately for Pac, Floyd normally adapts to his opponents within 2 rounds. Gonna be real tough for him unless they have a much better training camp.
All of this.

If/when PBF and Pac fight...and the result is similar to this Marquez fight, do they still give Pac the W??   
nerd.gif

I dont think Manny vs. Mayweather would be close enough for them to rob Floyd. Money's an even better defender than Marquez, Manny would be hittin air all night, and if he falls into that straight right over and over again like he did against Marquez Floyd might end  it with a KO.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

If/when PBF and Pac fight...and the result is similar to this Marquez fight, do they still give Pac the W??   
nerd.gif

If Pac fought like that against Floyd it might get stopped and im being completely serious. Hell the Marquez that fought Pac would of gotten KO by Mayweather dudes head movement was trash left his head open all the time during the fight when he was lunging in.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Dude was getting hammered in certain points of the fight, but all they would talk about was how good his footwork is
laugh.gif

Manny over there playing hop skotch while getting punched in the face, and HBO just says woooooooooooooow look at how quick he is
laugh.gif

Qouted for M'Fn Truth..... But you have to realize the fact that HBO has millions on the line when it comes to Manny. If they don't hype him up then and if God forbid he where to lose... THEN EVERYTHING GOES OUT OF THE WINDOW. They are trying to protect thier investment.

Floyd Mayweather Congratulates Pacquiao and Marquez, Says Arum Standing in the Way of Fight WithMannyby Scott Christ on Nov 14, 2011 9:01 AM EST in Boxing News AnalysisEthan Miller - Getty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr doesn't see the point in a fourth Pacquiao vs Marquez fight. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)In an interview with FightHype, Floyd Mayweather Jr says that he feels Bob Arum is the man standing in the way of making a fight between himself and Manny Pacquiao, and while he claims he didn't see Saturday's Pacquiao vs Marquez fight, he had some thoughts on their rivalry, too_On Arum:"I personally think it's Bob Arum having a vendetta. I think he's very, very upset with me because, you know, I exposed and I opened the world's eyes up to different things."Mayweather is referencing, of course, his nasty split from Top Rank years ago, where he was harsh about fighters being screwed by promoters. He also feels that in his time promoting himself since then -- with a big helping hand from Golden Boy, it should be noted -- he's shown that fighters don't need to work for promoters. That's his belief, and the fact is he pulls in a ton of money. Arum was famously of the belief that Mayweather lacked superstar quality. Say what you will about Bob, but he's not often wrong on superstar fighters he can market. He was wrong on Floyd, who feels to this day that Arum resents him for breaking free and being highly critical, and I'm sure he's probably right to some degree. It's not like they get along or anything. It's a legit issue.On Pacquiao vs Marquez, and a possible fourth fight between the two:"Why? I mean, I truly feel that Marquez is never going to get the benefit of the doubt. I want to congratulate Marquez and I want to congratulate Manny Pacquiao for doing it a third time, but I just feel like if you get it done right the first time, there's no need for a second or third fight. And if it is needed, do it again in the same fashion and in the same way, or do it even better."I know this might sound weird at first, but Floyd can back this up. There have been two guys in his career who have really tested him. The first was Jose Luis Castillo in 2002, and they had an immediate rematch where Floyd won more convincingly, even though it was still a competitive, close fight. And the other was Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. They did sign up for a rematch, but Floyd instead went into one of his fake retirements. Public interest didn't seem all that high for the rematch, and I still think that's why they chose to call it off. But that's just my own gut feeling, and always has been. Anyway, I don't think many are sick over the fact that we never got that rematch. Oscar was gone by that point, and it was contracted to be at 147 pounds, where the "Golden Boy" looked fake bronze at best against Manny Pacquiao, who replaced Mayweather in the fight.There's plenty more in there, including Floyd talking about the defamation lawsuit, steroids, Freddie Roach, and other topics.Mayweather returns to the ring on May 5, 2012, and his team has said that they're hoping to get Pacquiao as the opponent. There have been no other strong rumors yet.

Floyd Mayweather Congratulates Pacquiao and Marquez, Says Arum Standing in the Way of Fight WithMannyby Scott Christ on Nov 14, 2011 9:01 AM EST in Boxing News AnalysisEthan Miller - Getty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr doesn't see the point in a fourth Pacquiao vs Marquez fight. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)In an interview with FightHype, Floyd Mayweather Jr says that he feels Bob Arum is the man standing in the way of making a fight between himself and Manny Pacquiao, and while he claims he didn't see Saturday's Pacquiao vs Marquez fight, he had some thoughts on their rivalry, too_On Arum:"I personally think it's Bob Arum having a vendetta. I think he's very, very upset with me because, you know, I exposed and I opened the world's eyes up to different things."Mayweather is referencing, of course, his nasty split from Top Rank years ago, where he was harsh about fighters being screwed by promoters. He also feels that in his time promoting himself since then -- with a big helping hand from Golden Boy, it should be noted -- he's shown that fighters don't need to work for promoters. That's his belief, and the fact is he pulls in a ton of money. Arum was famously of the belief that Mayweather lacked superstar quality. Say what you will about Bob, but he's not often wrong on superstar fighters he can market. He was wrong on Floyd, who feels to this day that Arum resents him for breaking free and being highly critical, and I'm sure he's probably right to some degree. It's not like they get along or anything. It's a legit issue.On Pacquiao vs Marquez, and a possible fourth fight between the two:"Why? I mean, I truly feel that Marquez is never going to get the benefit of the doubt. I want to congratulate Marquez and I want to congratulate Manny Pacquiao for doing it a third time, but I just feel like if you get it done right the first time, there's no need for a second or third fight. And if it is needed, do it again in the same fashion and in the same way, or do it even better."I know this might sound weird at first, but Floyd can back this up. There have been two guys in his career who have really tested him. The first was Jose Luis Castillo in 2002, and they had an immediate rematch where Floyd won more convincingly, even though it was still a competitive, close fight. And the other was Oscar De La Hoya in 2007. They did sign up for a rematch, but Floyd instead went into one of his fake retirements. Public interest didn't seem all that high for the rematch, and I still think that's why they chose to call it off. But that's just my own gut feeling, and always has been. Anyway, I don't think many are sick over the fact that we never got that rematch. Oscar was gone by that point, and it was contracted to be at 147 pounds, where the "Golden Boy" looked fake bronze at best against Manny Pacquiao, who replaced Mayweather in the fight.There's plenty more in there, including Floyd talking about the defamation lawsuit, steroids, Freddie Roach, and other topics.Mayweather returns to the ring on May 5, 2012, and his team has said that they're hoping to get Pacquiao as the opponent. There have been no other strong rumors yet.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Qouted for M'Fn Truth..... But you have to realize the fact that HBO has millions on the line when it comes to Manny. If they don't hype him up then and if God forbid he where to lose... THEN EVERYTHING GOES OUT OF THE WINDOW. They are trying to protect thier investment.

Thats BS cause they do theopposite to Floyd. They are just the ultimate pactards

nerd.gif
They would never and I mean NEVER rob Floyd like that if they did I cant imagine how many heads would roll
eek.gif

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

nerd.gif
They would never and I mean NEVER rob Floyd like that if they did I cant imagine how many heads would roll
eek.gif

Goons would be in the ring ready to scalp a judge    

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

CParkFresh wrote:

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thats BS cause they do theopposite to Floyd. They are just the ultimate pactards

No... They simply play the villain angle w/ Floyd. They are also playing to the fact that there are millions of people who tune in to see him lose. But you best believe they don't wanna see Floyd lose. Its all about $$$ they are going to make off the fight. AND you best believe they will squeeze out as many fights ($$$) before they have to face one another and the prospect of lower earning potential for the loser.

Back
Top Bottom