Offical "Love" Judd Apatow Netflix Original Thread

Gus is the most annoying guy I've ever seen that could get box on the regular but his awkwardness keeps him oblivious from the signs.

He's a sweet guy but his ex told him about himself saying he's so nice he's mean. He can be condescending but most of it is not on purpose. I think he struggles with people outside of his particular hobby-set.

It is relatable tho, as someone who still misses signals and social cues to see another main character miss out on certain aspects of life because of their narrow view of life and society

Can you blame him though? Who isn't more comfortable with people in their circle than those outside of it? Like someone stated before, the reason he's so stuck on Mickey is because she's exciting to him. Something new and totally outside his comfort zone.

This show is too real at times which makes it good. Brutally honest.

Finally got around to watching this show with my girl. We made it to season 2 episode 7 The Work Party. At the end of that episode it turned into t full blown discussion about weather or not Mickey should have tole Gus that she slept with her boss. I was on the side that she should have told him, especially since Gus was going to be around him. I could actually feel the devastation on Gus's face with dude told him that he had a sexual relationship with Mickey. My girl felt like it was in her past and she was under no obligation to inform Gus of the people she's slept with. 

Finally got around to watching this show with my girl. We made it to season 2 episode 7 The Work Party. At the end of that episode it turned into t full blown discussion about weather or not Mickey should have tole Gus that she slept with her boss. I was on the side that she should have told him, especially since Gus was going to be around him. I could actually feel the devastation on Gus's face with dude told him that he had a sexual relationship with Mickey. My girl felt like it was in her past and she was under no obligation to inform Gus of the people she's slept with. 

She's not. I can see why someone would want to know. Honestly, it would feel weird knowing some dude in the same room as me smashed my girl. Then again what if I become buddy buddy with the dude not knowing he smashed?

Either way Gus was ******

Can you blame him though? Who isn't more comfortable with people in their circle than those outside of it? Like someone stated before, the reason he's so stuck on Mickey is because she's exciting to him. Something new and totally outside his comfort zone.

This show is too real at times which makes it good. Brutally honest.
Can't blame him.  The thing that bothers me about Gus is that he misses a lot of blatant social cues, although at a certain point I too would have missed them. Like when ol girl was tryna get him to go to the bar. Although thinking about it now, he may have caught on a little bit and out of "respect" for Mickey he chose not to go, but the whole process of watching him put his foot down on not walkin' to the bar was gut wrenching.

But it is very real and relatable. Glad I'm out of that awkward stage

It's a lil Column A, lil Column B. She is not obligated but if I'm going to a work party and you were involved with a coworker, I feel like I should have a heads up. When I copped some green from this guy my wife knows she let me know they used to date. Now I wasn't about to have a sit down conversation with this dude and it wasn't about to come up in conversation but she wanted me to know out of respect. Mickey should have told him because he was bound to run into Dr. Greg and definitely should not have tried to act like dude was a jerk no reason.

Given Greg's personality tho, I think she should have given Gus a head's up or not invite him to the party.
But also this. Dr. Greg let her know before the party he still wanted her by trying to throw his date in her face. But we gotta admit, what he told Gus Mickey would do came to fruition

I'm mad it wasn't revealed to Gus Mickey was getting double dipped.

From a writing perspective they have no choice but to drop the news on Gus at the most inopportune moment next season.

This isn't the last we see of the fat dude, he is going to be that pain in your side next season.

I would have gave that Director the business when She was trying to get homey inside the crib.

I'm mad it wasn't revealed to Gus Mickey was getting double dipped.

From a writing perspective they have no choice but to drop the news on Gus at the most inopportune moment next season.

This isn't the last we see of the fat dude, he is going to be that pain in your side next season.

I would have gave that Director the business when She was trying to get homey inside the crib.

Yea it seemed odd they ended season 2 the way they did. I mean there was no cliff hanger like him catching her ex sneaking out or his friend telling him he asked about him at the pool.

Also, I was surprised they didn't really show Gus at least almost kissing some one let alone nearly sleeping with anyone. I mean in s1 he almost has a threesome and gets that fine one from witchita lol.

Damn I'm complaining about having to wait so long but the 2nd season just came out this year :lol:

Final season, can't wait!

Damn. I just rewatched seasons 1 & 2 this past weekend. I was hoping for at least season 4 or 5. Oh well. I still want Gus to discover that Mickey was effing Dustin.

NICE!
Bertie is by far my fave character on the show, glad they keepin her consistent.:lol:

Mickey better come clean fast, or I'm gonna be heated

NICE!
Bertie is by far my fave character on the show, glad they keepin her consistent.:lol:

Mickey better come clean fast, or I'm gonna be heated

Dr Greg is my fav character. Although dude is a little off, he sees right through Mickey's BS. And never misses an opportunity to call her out on it. Bertie is a close second.

Wasn’t even aware that they were starting Season 3 tomorrow. Cool surprise.

Hopefully Gus kicks shorty to the curb.

Back
Top Bottom