Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The problem is Rudy wanted a Granger-like deal before the season. Now that he's playing very well and the team is winning, that will jack up his stock/ego more. Similar to the Suns-Joe Johnson situation a few years ago. Depending on what happens with the other free agents, there's going to be a franchise with a lump some of money that will be desperate to cash in.

If Heisley lets Rudy go for nothing, I will give up. Especially if Memphis can win around 40 games this season. Rudy is the best young player on the team andI just can't see them letting him go. The only way is a sign and trade, but it would have to be a veteran player that can put this team over the hump. Idon't see Memphis getting any younger because they are already the youngest team in the league.

Heisley has kept saying for a while now that he's going to keep Rudy at all costs. Now, I don't think a team is going to throw Lebron/Wade type moneyat him.
laugh.gif

Its only so high a team will go to bring him in. I just realized that Granger is 3 years older.

Just because you want a sign and trade, doesnt mean other teams are willingly to work one out...unless its one of those things with the RSA/UFA. *#@% alwaysconfuses me.
any team willingly to drop that much rudy better have a backup plan. the grizz are better off trading rudy before letting him go for nothing.

and please dont compare granger/Rudy. grangers been improving every year, although i still dont see him as a franchise player.

The player involved will want a sign and trade if possible, it gives them an extra year on the contract (meaning more money).

Originally Posted by BangDak

Just because you want a sign and trade, doesnt mean other teams are willingly to work one out...unless its one of those things with the RSA/UFA. *#@% always confuses me.
any team willingly to drop that much rudy better have a backup plan. the grizz are better off trading rudy before letting him go for nothing.

and please dont compare granger/Rudy. grangers been improving every year, although i still dont see him as a franchise player.
They won't have no choice. Unless Rudy wants to leave which he doesn't, he will stay a RFA meaning Memphis can match any offer. You alsohave a 5 or 6 year deal when it comes to sign and trades or just flat out signing him. Other teams can only offer him 5 years, while Memphis can offer him 6years.

And I can compare the two. I'm just saying, don't go into a debate with me about it because Granger's situation is completely different thanRudy's. Rudy has also improved every year, but he hasn't been able to put up no damn 25ppg because he has other scorers around him limiting histouches. He's also on the youngest team in the league compared to that veteran league squad Granger is on.
laugh.gif
Four coaches in four seasons? Rudy. No, you can't blame coaching foreverything dealing with a player, but that puts a toll on a young player's development after 4 seasons. He's finally learning though. There'snothing Granger at his best can do that Rudy can't.

The only way I see Rudy bolting is to be like a Granger. Be on a team with no main go to scorers so he can put up those type of numbers. He can easily do it ifhe's the no.1 option with no other threat in the starting lineup ala Granger.

No Chauncey for Denver tonight.

Doesn't really make me feel any better. We got killed by Darren Collison earlier this year when CP3 was out with the ankle...

I don't think it was your intention, but the series of numbers followed by "tonight....quarters" makes a big capital L

So I'm taking that as an insult to Kevin Love
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Kevin Love's rebound numbers this season:

13 tonight through three quarters
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

22% rebound rate puts him up there with Moses Malone.

Pistons with DaJuan in the back court. LOL. Might be the most outrageous thing I've seen yet this year.

If he could dribble or rebound he'd be ok.

There's a little bit of game there, but He's basically a spot shooter with a LeBron build.

Anyone see Richard Hamilton's hairline tonight? I swear dude is wearing a spray on, it magically came forward a good 4 inches from its previous position

If the Nets had as much young talent as people say, they wouldn't have as many wins as they do losses to the Timberwolves.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Anyone see Richard Hamilton's hairline tonight? I swear dude is wearing a spray on, it magically came forward a good 4 inches from its previous position

lol, pics?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If the Nets had as much young talent as people say, they wouldn't have as many wins as they do losses to the Timberwolves.

and how many times have they played togther?

Bayless looking like it's summer league.

Son STAY taking it to the hoop with aggression.

3 of those talented guys were 3/4 year college players with no upside left. 2 of which can't throw the ball in the ocean and play the same position.

To go with a score first PG and Yi. Yi is, who knows. Hardly anything impressive going on 3 years in.

Then there is Brook. Legit.

And they were healthy for both T'Wolve games. There are no excuses for 2-27.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Bayless looking like it's summer league.

Son STAY taking it to the hoop with aggression.

Putting all that stored up energy on the bench to good use

Back
Top Bottom