Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Well, at least the Blazers are going to make it to the 2nd round with ease this season.
pimp.gif

You have a bye in the first round? 
ohwell.gif

^
Naw man, you mistakin.  You haven't been around, they got a dude that can count victories before they even play the games. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is their year, he said so.  RIP all of us in the West now. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif

Forgive me for bein cranky, Yuku been @#$%^&*( for days now. 
laugh.gif

Allen got what he wanted now, not sure if Durant did though.  Artest was a pain for him in the games they matched up. 
And if Bynum does come back even at 25 min a game, LA's length is a terrible problem for OKC. 
Westbrook is gonna put up Rondo first round numbers on us though, so there's that. 
laugh.gif

Kobe will shoot like garbage with Sefolosha on him. 

SA vs Dallas in the first round possibly?  One of those fan bases will be hiding from me for the summer.  That'll be a shame. 

ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP)—Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas(notes) is now spendinghis nights at a Montgomery County halfway house, where he is serving hissentence for bringing guns into the team’s locker room.

Arenas started his sentence Friday with two days in the county jail. ArthurWallenstein, head of corrections in Montgomery County, says Arenas wastransferred Sunday to the county’s work-release facility.

Arenas pleaded guilty to a felony gun charge in January, and has beensuspended until the end of the season by the NBA.

Montgomery County is letting him serve his sentence there, as part of anagreement with the Federal Bureau of Prisons. In addition to the 30 days, Arenaswas sentenced to a $5,000 fine and 400 hours of community service that can’t beperformed at basketball clinics.

Also, I know this dunk went under the radar last night. But it was still a nice one...

^^ i sure hope so but with the Lakers playing like crap recently i cant really tell

usually come playoff time i have an idea what of the Lakers are capable of but despite their good record i dont see much...hopefully the get it together

with that said...it must be tough for seattle fans to see their old team in the playoffs battling a former pacific rival in the first round

Originally Posted by Proshares

I only see OKC/LA going 5.

Me too.

But, knowing how the Lakers never play to their best ability til' the pressure comes, it could possibly go 6 or 7.

Durant going to have to stop shooting those 30 foot pull ups if the game is close and the rest of the team is going to have to trust him on taking the last shot and guys like Westbrook need to pass it up.

It will be tough on them regardless, but OKC is going to have play damn near perfect basketball to make it a series due to their youth.

Lakers flip that switch when the playoffs come like it'll be hard for OKC to win a game. And I'm rooting for them to beat LA.

I think OKC can stretch it to 6, but I still stand by the thought at the beginning of the year like most, that nobody is beating LA in 7. West or East.

But I'll be watching every second of this series.

Lakers in 4.

I don't see anybody really messing with them. (Hoping that Dallas or Denver can do something)

legs is probably basing off Lebrons ability to chase and block people in a fastbreak
but nonetheless legs is a bron lover
laugh.gif

okc/Lakers series will be just like that hawks/celtics series in 2008...young up and coming team vs. an experienced team

i think the Lakers are learning that repeating is not easy..........ask the san antonio spurs

nerd.gif

So Dallas will play either San Antonio or Portland...

If we DO play Portland, I don't want any part of Roy.

We can and will take care of business against SAS if that's what it comes to, but Portland owns the season series with us, I'm real iffy on them.

Roy probably wont play which means they're down a big time scorer and their clutch guy, but the team does play better defense when he isn't on the floor. It also moves better offensively; mind you, this isn't a knock on Roy at all but he is a slow it down and ISO kinda guy (whether this is his doing or McMillan's insistence), and he's been really hampered since early January. I doubt we get out of the first round, but as long as we don't match up with Denver or Utah (Denver was 3-1 against us, Utah 4-0) I think we can at least make it an interesting series. It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact defensively Batum will have in the post-season - I really hope Nate gives him big minutes. With Roy probably out, I imagine he will get them.

I would not be so confident in taking down one of the hotter teams in the league right now coming into the playoffs on a roll.

Back
Top Bottom