Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

What's wrong specifically? Just because there's a difference of opinions doesn't count.

you say that now but once you start "financing" shoes at $200, eventually you're gonna up your threshold and before you know it you're actually financing a $1000+ shoe purchase. People can start making irrational decisions and stop thinking that the shoe costs $1000 but only cost $100 a month. And when you look at it like that, you think oh its not so bad because its so little per month. But at the end of the day, you still spent $1k that you wouldn't have otherwise spent if it was all at once. Its not about the interest rates, its merely the principle. It can develop to a bad habit.

yes other people have financed other things thats not a car or house. People finance TV's and furniture and while it is roughly the cost as financing shoes, TV's and furniture is generally a ONE time big RETAIL purchase that you only need 1 of, whereas financing shoes is overpaying resale. It's not like this is going to be your only pair of shoes and you need them to and you have no other shoes.

Last edited:
Well for one, my post was a general statement. If your situation isn’t “living beyond your means” then why in the world would you respond? So weird. For tons of people, financing unnecessary luxury goods to pretend you’re more well off than you are IS living beyond their means. And it’s financially stupid. Nothing to do with classism.

0% interest rates are great. Ideally, you’d invest the $ you’re not paying upfront, to make profit. But some people will just use the loan as an opportunity to waste more money. That is not great.

Last edited:
you say that now but once you start "financing" shoes at $200, eventually you're gonna up your threshold and before you know it you're actually financing a $1000+ shoe purchase. People can start making irrational decisions and stop thinking that the shoe costs $1000 but only cost $100 a month. And when you look at it like that, you think oh its not so bad because its so little per month. But at the end of the day, you still spent $1k that you wouldn't have otherwise spent if it was all at once. Its not about the interest rates, its merely the principle. It can develop to a bad habit.
Havent went above $400 so far and I had no trouble keeping up with the payments. Bought anywhere from like 25-30 shoes this year and financed about a 1/5th of them.

Just gotta be smart with it in my opinion.

Well for one, my post was a general statement. If your situation isn’t “living beyond your means” then why in the world would you respond? So weird. For tons of people, financing unnecessary luxury goods to pretend you’re more well off than you are IS living beyond their means. And it’s financially stupid. Nothing to do with classism.

0% interest rates are great. Ideally, you’d invest the $ you’re not paying upfront, to make profit. But some people will just use the loan as an opportunity to waste more money. That is not great.
Really depends...which is why I used the Travis Scott's for example. For something more reasonable...don't see the issue.

Jubilees I bought this year came out to about $360, which is about the most I spent on a resale app and financing in general. Put the first two payments down and paid the last two on their due dates.

More flexibility with money plus you can get 2% back if you use Klarna. Works for me.

No, it doesn’t depend. Living beyond your means is 100% of the time a bad idea financially. What you’re saying is “I’m not living beyond my means.” Well, great. Then my statement CLEARLY doesn’t pertain to you and you shouldn’t have responded. I don’t understand how my extremely concise statement is causing you so much confusion.

I can understand this. I’d hope that the folks in here that would finance at 0% can take advantage of it,

Aint nothing wrong with financing esp if u are getting interest free. I’ve never done it w shoes but I did it on my OLED and Fitness bike

Last edited:
Get you a card that pays you cash back. Then pay that bs off every week online. I try and buy everything with my credit card. This year I’ve prob gotten like $500 cash back.
My 3rd and final red 2 got cxld by goat. 0/3 lol.
But I did get my Mach 1. Shipping out to me next Monday!
I’m gonna pay it off by paying half my credit card limit every 3 days for the next month
and get hella cash back lol. Should add up to $700.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom